Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ERROR 6

Baccy
Baccy
SO I bought the game on tuesday, still not able to play today. I woke up today and I could press play, but then I get a ERROR 6. Why, please help.
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    Also, went to repair. it's trying to download 39 gig AGAIN.
    Edited by Baccy on August 28, 2016 10:13AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use repair option, it seems launcher is somehow bugged. When it prompts to repair, close the launcher and open it again. At least in my case once I did that I get no further prompts for repair. Hope it works with you too.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    Gargath wrote: »
    I never use repair option, it seems launcher is somehow bugged. When it prompts to repair, close the launcher and open it again. At least in my case once I did that I get no further prompts for repair. Hope it works with you too.

nope, how big is your eso folder?
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 50,5 GB on C drive.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    I have 50,5 GB on C drive.

it says ive got 70.0GB in size and 31.7GB size on disk? can someone tell me what this means lol. do i still need to download the 39gig it tells me to when i press repair?
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    Probably worth mentioning I installed the game using the disks I got from amazon.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, normaly what happens on a repair is that it just verify's all the files on your computer to their manifest. If it detects that any files are corrupt, it should ONLY download those files, not the entire game unless something is really messed up with the install. It should only take a few minutes to normally do a repair.

But yes, if you open the Launcher and it comes up with the REPAIR button instead of PLAY, always shut down the Launcher first and try it again. They have had problems with the launcher, well, since the game was launched :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on August 28, 2016 2:37PM
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    No, normaly what happens on a repair is that it just verify's all the files on your computer to their manifest. If it detects that any files are corrupt, it should ONLY download those files, not the entire game unless something is really messed up with the install. It should only take a few minutes to normally do a repair.

But yes, if you open the Launcher and it comes up with the REPAIR button instead of PLAY, always shut down the Launcher first and try it again. They have had problems with the launcher, well, since the game was launched :)

It just says play but when I press play, I just get a black screen then ERROR 6 and if I go onto repair manually it says 39.1gig remaining to download.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And btw you could increase chances to have a reply from ZOS by putting here a screenshots of this problem. When I have any problems with ESO I always make a shot :).
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    And btw you could increase chances to have a reply from ZOS by putting here a screenshots of this problem. When I have any problems with ESO I always make a shot :).

Well it wont let me copy the message in the error box, brilliant.

Edited by Baccy on August 28, 2016 5:11PM
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    There.

====================================================================
    eso encountered a fatal error. (Error 6)
    Description: Client Fatal Error
    ====================================================================

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.5.8.1347012
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 64
    client.mode = startup
    client.renderertype = D3D11
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-08-28T14:51:00.070Z
    client.timestamp = 2016-08-28T14:51:00.201Z -frme 0-
    computer.name =
    computer.user =
    cpu.arch = 9
    cpu.count = 8
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 8664
    data.dir = D:/Games/ESO/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/depot/
    exe.buildnum = 1347012
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    fe.code = 6
    fe.descrip = Client Fatal Error
    gfx.description = 10.18.13.6839
    gfx.deviceid = 5121.917378136.161
    gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    gfx.vendorid = 4318
    mem.system_physical = 8124
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 10.0.7600.
    ptime = 165
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 5
    version.subpatch = 8
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    Repaired 9 gig, something happened then Its went back to 39 gig again. COOl.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    The help in the Support section regarding "Error 6" refers to your ESO account, download the latest ESO Launcher and reinstall it. After deleting everything of ESO ofc.
    I don't know how it works with disks, but it shouldn't make any difference. I have the Digital Edition.

Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    ESO has changed quite a lot since those disks were printed. Even at launch, it was better to download the game directly than to install from the disks. Please try uninstalling the game, and make sure all the files have been deleted. Then log in at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com and click the download link at the upper right corner of the page.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Baccy
    Baccy
    Its gonna take a long time with my 200kb/s internet, think ill just give up and forget about playing. PEACE. Also, fix your launcher is seems broken.