Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstorm Arena final boss fight: Crematorial Guard

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello guys,

Is there a reasonable way to counter the Crematorial guard and his molten breath attack? This cone attack has way too much range and also does a huge amount of damage. I rely on sustaintabily so mobs that are dpsraces'ishs are hard time for me. Any suggestions?
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you can block it
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I huddle up with him and circle around him. Take zero damage most times. Still gotta keep an eye on main boss though do he won't cc you!
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I huddle up with him and circle around him. Take zero damage most times. Still gotta keep an eye on main boss though do he won't cc you!
    +1 for this, tight circles are best for sure. The boss does his cc skull attack at the same time each run (after he teleports) so you'll just have to watch and get a feel for it to dodge/block.
    Also, if you're a dk you can pop corrosive, nbs can pop veil, sorcs can overload then down instantly, Templars can sweeps through it.

If you're magicka based you could also slot harness for the last fight until you get the hang of it and no longer need it.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty'll for you answers. I'll really getting my butt kicked. I'll try to raise my cp a little bit more (I'm currently on cp330).
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get more Deeps. You can do the whole final boss fight without any Crem Guards spawning
    Edited by Spliffo on August 28, 2016 11:10PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my stam sorc, he's dead before he can breathe fire on me ^^

But yeah, kite him, whilst keeping one eye on the Boss.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on August 28, 2016 11:18PM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what class. If you have a ward then weaving it into your rotation while dpsing the crem guard works. If you have access to major expedition then, as someone else said, huddle up close to them and circle. Also more cp into elemental defender and thick skinned will help. As a sorc I feel like I have it easy in that respect cos as long as I have power surge active and liquid ligtening on something I can heal through it, sometimes without the need for a ward cast. As a sorc though I find other aspects hard, like anything that needs movement speed, such as the 3rd crystal upstairs, or getting to that yellow ghost in time.
    PC | EU
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On magicka builds its easy to just facetank that mofo if you use a shield (sorc). On stamina builds or a magicka build with no shields, circle around him while DPSing he should die pretty quick, he's only got 144k health.
    After farming on my magicka character though, it seemed like real hell on my stam toons. LItterally the only thing that caused me to wipe, cause sometimes even when you do get the boss to 70% the Crem Guard would spawn anyway. Its [snip] up.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:22PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    Get more Deeps. You can do the whole final boss fight without any Crem Guards spawning
    The whole fight without a guard? No matter what you do the boss is gonna go upstairs and a guard is gonna spawn.
    Edited by scionix90 on July 11, 2018 3:46PM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scionix90 wrote: »
    The whole fight without a guard? No matter what you do the boss is gonna go upstairs and a guard is gonna spawn.

Godam this is the very first time someone necro'ed one of threads. Such honor!

Btw I eventually got the flawless conqueror and also it's quise easy to do without spamming any creamtorial guards.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Ty'll for you answers. I'll really getting my butt kicked. I'll try to raise my cp a little bit more (I'm currently on cp330).

Great that you made it to the final boss at CP330.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »

Great that you made it to the final boss at CP330.

Thank you! Hahah back in 2016 it wasn't really a big deal because cp cap were 500.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scionix90 wrote: »

@scionix90 *cough*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4bSmwHFkM
    Edited by Sparr0w on July 12, 2018 3:26PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do either one of two things:

- strafe left and right so that the flame cone does not hit you constantly (its something like 50% of the time that way)

- or do a lot of DPS on the main boss at start and kill the mage quickly before the lizzard spawns so that you can ingnore him. When he spawns you should be heading to the portal to go upstairs to kil lcrystals. When you kill all crystals and go down the lizard dies (but not the mage, thats why you need to kill the mage before going upstairs)
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    you can block it

I've tried circling around the guard but to no avail. I haven't tried blocking though. How much fire damage is mitigated when blocking?
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I'll know on my next attempt this weekend.