The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please Do Not Delete Live Server Character on Second One Tamriel PTS Update

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Everyone at ZOS, I beg of you, DO NOT delete all the copied live sever characters on the PTS on the second patch for One Tamriel. Usually the characters we put so much love into are deleted only a week after a new huge update is released. Please let us enjoy our live server characters on the PTS for a few weeks with One Tamriel. This is a huge update, and I really wanna see my friends' characters in PvE areas for awhile.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do this so that European players have a chance to play with their live characters.and it usually about two weeks after the first update.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the problem are the conflicts in the databases. If you have 2 same character names or 2 same account ID's you must merge them. For example with adding a prefix "_eu" or "_us".

But this merge is very complex and problems are inevitable.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • JodaGreyhame
    JodaGreyhame
    ✭✭✭
    Can EU go first this patch and NA have the following months? @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

It gets tiresome only being able to test your own characters for 2 weeks... Surely its time for EU to have their 2 week share and NA to have 2+ months!

It would also be great to have access to the max number of champion points for test characters. Why are there only 300 to begin with???
    Orsimer Than You I Am: Orc Warden
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can EU go first this patch and NA have the following months? @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

It gets tiresome only being able to test your own characters for 2 weeks... Surely its time for EU to have their 2 week share and NA to have 2+ months!
    As an EU player... I agree. We've had way more than our fair share of PTS time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    That could be cool yes if we switch the 2 months at each DLC

Update 12 EU (15d) then NA 15d + remaining time
    Update 13 NA (15d) then EU 15d + remaining time
    Update 14 EU (15d) then NA 15d + remaining time
    Update 15 NA (15d) then EU 15d + remaining time
    Update 16 EU (15d) then NA 15d + remaining time

Will be a bit more equal.
    Edited by Ayantir on August 25, 2016 10:52AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Well surely once 'One Tamriel' goes live 2 of the 3 faction clusters of the megaserver could be reused for PvP & PTS giving 2 Live/2 PTS instead of the current 3 Live/1 PTS.

Yes I know I said 2 for live instead of 1, because this spare could be used to limit lag in PvP etc.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It would also be great to have access to the max number of champion points for test characters. Why are there only 300 to begin with???

I think it's widely presumed that you get 300 CP because most content is balanced around 300 CP. They want people on templates to test the content at the CP it has been balanced as well as the people on their copied characters testing at higher/lower CP.

I'm an EU player and so bias. I'd much prefer they figured out a way to get past the technical hurdle of the database issue really.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    I'm an EU player and so bias. I'd much prefer they figured out a way to get past the technical hurdle of the database issue really.

One ... Tamriel
    • Giant
    • Shared
    • Combined
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One ... Tamriel
    • Giant
    • Shared
    • Combined
    The megaservers are still separate in One Tamriel. That doesn't help the PTS database copy issue that Paulington is referring to.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    One ... Tamriel
    • Giant
    • Shared
    • Combined
    The megaservers are still separate in One Tamriel. That doesn't help the PTS database copy issue that Paulington is referring to.

I am VERY aware of this, if they could fix the database issue...

But since accounts can load all 3 versions of the game EU, NA and PTS, and you can get 4x extra characters slots for 1500 crowns each (1 crown each on PTS), the tech is already there to display 12 or more characters.

Stick 3 pages of character slots on the PTS (upto* 36 slots) and you have both sets of live and PTS template slot characters per account.

* upto - In this case referring to the number of unlocked slots per server, so upto 24 with no added character slots.

Fill the slots with NA and EU characters in that order and reset the slots to match live every PTS patch.

^ Although this effectively wipes PTS progress and template characters, it would bring the live characters up to date with their progress and unlocks.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it's widely presumed that you get 300 CP because most content is balanced around 300 CP. They want people on templates to test the content at the CP it has been balanced as well as the people on their copied characters testing at higher/lower CP.

Now we have option to create lv 50 with 0 cp and lv 50 with 300 cp template ,so Zenimax can just add option in character createor to make lv 50 with 500 cp or cp cap.
    Edited by juhasman on September 1, 2016 4:07AM