Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keyboard not responding

mystang89
mystang89
For the past few weeks I've tried to log on and put in my password only to find out that the game won't let my keyboard type anything....at all. It works. I can use the control alt function, pretty much everything BUT the letters and numbers. If I alt tab out my keys work on the web and any other application. The only way I've been able to get logged in is repeatedly turning off and then logging back in. Can anyone help with this. Its frustrating.
  • mystang89
    mystang89
    Since I can't edit my post:

Another thing that I've found that will work is unplugging usb for the keyboard while on the log in screen and plugging it back in.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    USB issues are fun to sort out aren't they?

Try a different port, some motherboards have more than one USB controller so that might help matters. So, if your plugged in the back, try plugging in the front. Of course, they may both end up on the same controller inside.

You can also try unplugging other USB devices you have plugged in to see if they are conflicting with the keyboard.

Also, you might try updating the MOtherboard (chipset) drivers. Most of the time, those get over looked during a Windows Install.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"