The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign scoring suggestions

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently in ps4 NA scourge there's a blue guild that comes on around midnight pacific every night and Zergs the map. The pick up groups I've joined call the, the idiot guild, but I don't think that's their official name. Because it's the middle of the night, in an hour they wipe out the entire day's progress for red/gold. They hold the keeps all night and into the next day, so their points add up and result in a large margin.

This isn't a new strategy. The month campaigns are always an instant win for guilds who can get a few dozen late-nighters. There are a few fixes I might propose:

1. Scoring starts to fluctuate as a function of total server population. A keep might be worth 10 points if 1200 players are in, but 1 point if it's under 100. This would reward actions during prime time, amd should be a somewhat easy programming so,union.

2. Keeps and NPCs become progressively stronger the lower the server population.

3. For longer term solutions, we really need ZOS to rethink keep capture and defense. Forward camps allow the aggressors to bring unlimited players into a combat zone...we should be able to get players into defensive position easier. Keeps are too easy to take.
  • camknox
    camknox
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    1. Scoring starts to fluctuate as a function of total server population. A keep might be worth 10 points if 1200 players are in, but 1 point if it's under 100. This would reward actions during prime time, amd should be a somewhat easy programming so,union.

I assume you mean if say EP takes a keep owned by DC but DC only has 15 people on the keep is only worth 1 point to EP. However if DC was at lock that same keep capture would be worth 10 points. That would be fine except resource ticks happen every few minutes so the scores would be going up and down all the time, making it really hard to work out a strategy to fix a hole your faction is in. Also the coding needed would be exhaustive. Multiple checks against population etc. The servers already struggle, no need to grind them to a halt.
    3. Keeps and NPCs become progressively stronger the lower the server population.

This I agree with but in a general way. Rather than base it off server population make it about scoring. The faction in the lead has weaker keeps compared to the other 2 factions. This allows the "losing" factions some ability to try and even the playing field.
    3. For longer term solutions, we really need ZOS to rethink keep capture and defense. Forward camps allow the aggressors to bring unlimited players into a combat zone...we should be able to get players into defensive position easier. Keeps are too easy to take.

Forward camps are only usable by people who die in the area of the camp. So you're not really allowing unlimited people to "pour" into a battle zone. If you want to get people into a defensive zone, start by preventing the trifecta of resource captures. Once you see one resource going get people there and prevent them "ringing" your keep. You can port into an unflagged keep with as little as 1 resource under your control. Make the re-capture of a resource on a keep your priority.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @camknox everyone else ignored this, thanks for commenting, lol.

1. I was thinking more that scores would fluctuate throughout the day based on total population. If reds and golds pack in at 6 pm, but there are only 100 blues, this would still be high server population overall, offering high scores for everyone. But at 4 am when the population is, say, 20/40/20, the score for holding a keep/resource drops. This way, there's less incentive to jump on at 1 am, capture the map, then sit back for 8-10 hours holding keeps when no one is playing.

3. I'd be on board, good ideas. Pretty much anything that makes NPCs a little more of an obstacle.

4. Forward camps: one change I'm seeing is that enemies don't ring resources anymore, so the porting in is changing. Enemy teams set up a forward camp, then take the wall down as quickly as possible. They can be aggressive because if they die they run right back into battle. The forward camps allow the offense to speed up, but haven't offered defense any way to get into position faster (although they do have use for ressing in a big fight). There are probably ways to circumvent this. I've always thought that a small number of humans should be able to port in after a ping...maybe 6-10. Or maybe there should be a "defensive camp" that you can set up in a keep yard that allows players to do this.