The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Kicked after accepting multiple friend requests from same person

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
I just got a friend request from a friendly player, that was shown on screen, and I accepted it, when we were inside dungeon (last stage, dungeon already completed).
After porting outside of dungeon I was getting more and more friend requests from the same player, shown in this announcement screen that N key brings up.
I managed to hit Accept like 10 Times in a row (message didn't want to disappear) and then I was kicked.

First, if we already were friends, after my first Accepting, he should not be able to send me another request, right?
I don't think someone just spammed this friend requests 50 Times in a row,,,
And I should not be kicked by accepting requests that were given to me multiple times by the game system?

Edited by Gargath on August 18, 2016 5:01PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, technically you did spam the system with messages. Although not really your fault in this case. You should be able to log back on now.

If this happens again, check your friends list to see if they are there, then just delete the extra requests. But, do a /bug to let the devs know the system is spamming you with these messages so they can try to see why. There was an addon causing problems with the Group Ready message where it would spam you several times, ironically it was a Lorebook or some other addon that had nothing to do with Group Messages causing this.
    Edited by Nestor on August 18, 2016 5:01PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odds are you got stuck in a loop because of lag, and you got kicked/timed out because of that. Check to see if friend request actually got accepted next time you log in. The fact that you were porting out of the dungeon while the requests were happening, leads me to this conclusion.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on August 18, 2016 5:02PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, friend request was accepted already inside dungeon and I think I accepted it twice (the on screen message), then 5 minutes later I checked on friends list and the player was already there. If it was a loop /lag it must have been very long :)
    Problem was that once we were already friends, I got the message which I could not dump in any way, neither Accept nor Decline helped. I'll check next time I log in, sure :).
    Edited by Gargath on August 18, 2016 5:05PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird that you could not delete the message, perhaps because it was accepted and I think the only thing you can do with Friend Requests is Decline, Accept or Ignore. Most other error notifications you can delete.

Are you running No Thank You? That has some settings surrounding Friend Requests and suppressing the on screen prompts at least.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't have "No thank you".
    And from obvious reasons I didn't want to use ignore, report or block, I think such options I saw there, to avoid the risk of loosing a friend :).