Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new graphics card.

gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
hello all I'm looking to get a new graphics card I have 650$ saved up and not very pc literate, so I'm coming to you all for help. out of all the graphics out there which one will be the best bang for my buck getting me closest to ultra settings? and still have 60fps.

I currently have a gefroce gtx 960 with 16 gig ram
Edited by gimpdrb14_ESO on June 24, 2016 12:57PM
  • GreeKk
    GreeKk
    Soul Shriven
    with the new pascal gpus coming out its hard to find one. 1070 is 450-499 and the 1080 is 600-700 being the best gpu out rn. You can also find gtx 980ti REALLY cheap atm. Those three gpus can run anything at maxed setting 1440p 60fps. Hope this gave a idea of what to look for
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    if I get the gtx 980ti I will be able to run eso at full ultra in trails group with no loose of fps? I want full ultra with 60fps!
  • Mysk
    Mysk
    Soul Shriven
    if I get the gtx 980ti I will be able to run eso at full ultra in trails group with no loose of fps? I want full ultra with 60fps!

What is your monitor's resolution?

While I can't personally answer your question about this video card, they'll need to know the res at which you run the game.
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭

No.

I don't think there's any computer in the world that could handle ESO Trials with good fps. It's not because of the hardware but rather because of a majestically poorly optimized game.

In FACT; You can put all your settings to the lowest, including subsampling and lowering resolution and you still probably won't get 60 fps in trials. Like I said, I don't think any PC in the world is capable of it. With all settings at lowest, me (and many others) can get 1-2 fps during AOE intense moments, and at the most playable during boss fights maybe 15 fps. This is horrid.

If you're one of the unlucky like me, who have enthusiast level PC components, you will most likely get poorer trials performance than just the average gaming PC. This has been pointed out time and time again thaf if you have a very good gaming PC, ESO could end up running with insanely bad performance. I believe this is fully and only ZOS's fault, seeing as machines like mine can run all games released so far at the very max and still most likely get 60+ fps at 1440p (Wither 3, Battlefield 4, World of Warcraft, TERA, BDO etc etc etc).

But in ESO.. I can have 50fps in cities for a while, but then performance starts getting worse and worse. If I stay in Elden Root for an hour, my fps will drop from 50 to like 30 at 'good angles'. This has also been pointed out for over a year now, but no improvement whatsoever so far. 64bit client literally did nothing in terms of performance, unless you count the latency improvement in Cyrodiil (For me and many others, anyway).

/thread necromancy.
    Edited by Shogunami on August 10, 2016 10:34AM
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    As this thread is not specifically about ESO we will need to close it. When creating threads for the Elder Scrolls Online Official Forums please ensure they are in fact ESO focused.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.