Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pelinal's Hybrid Bruiser Wolf Build

Gottbeard
Gottbeard
✭✭✭
Hi guys, having a lot of fun with this build. Be tanky, have great self heals, Have strong free harass and dangerous burst all in one package! Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bg6Yyawt5rY

Text Build:
5-7 Heavy, 1-2 Medium, 1 light (6 heavy 1 med or 7 heavy preferred)
Full Tristat enchant
Full Impen Trait

5 Pelinals
2 Monster Helm (Engine Guardian, Malubeth, Velidreth Preferred but literally and monster helm combo will work)
5 Leki's (Dual wield Maces Defending x2 w/ Stam return poisons, and robust accessories Weapon power enchanted)
1 Offbar Sharpened Maestrom/master/or Leki's Great Maul enchanted w/ WP/SP boost enchant (Maelstrom preferred)

Dual Wield Bar (stall Bar/Wolf Bar)
1.Quick Cloak
2.Honor the dead or Vigor
3.Binding Javeling, Shards (either morph), or Dark Flare
4.Purifying Ritual Or Extended Ritual
5.Shuffle
Ult- Pack Leader Werewolf

Great Maul Bar (kill Bar)
1. Biting Jabs
2. Radiant Oppression or Executioner
3. Crit Rush or Stampede
4. Rally or Forward Momentum
5. Repentance
Ult- Flawless Dawnbreaker or Dawnbreaker of Smiting

WW Form
1. Rousing Roar
2. Howl of Agony
3. Feral Pounce
4. Hircine's Rage
5. Claw of Anguish

• Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent build. As soon as I saw Pelinal's released I thought werewolf for the heal.

I like the pairing with Leki's 5 pce. I had an idea for another 5 pce, but its situational and I am working on getting the pieces together.

This would also work nicely on a dk, due to the battleroar passive and WW high cost meaning full stats on transform.

Really like this build. It's outside the box, effective and I think a very strong combo. Kudos!

Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • rob_ber
    rob_ber
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, awesome, using same sets, but a bit different skills :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been here for too long
    PC EU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • theironcat
    theironcat
    Soul Shriven
    This build is focused on PvP, right?
    If I wanted to change it a bit, for PvE, I could go for another set, rather than Leki's, right? (I can't suggest any other, since I don't have the knowledge for that ^^)

Anyway, thanks for posting it here!
    I've been looking for a WW Build I would enjoy playing, and I think I found it ^^
  • Elhanan
    Elhanan
    ✭✭✭
    @Gottbeard Great idea with the build! It seemed like Pelinal's would complement WW builds, but I thought the WW heal was scaled off magicka (rather than spell power). Am I mistaken on this? If not, I should definitely invest in this new set.
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Elhanan wrote: »
    @Gottbeard Great idea with the build! It seemed like Pelinal's would complement WW builds, but I thought the WW heal was scaled off magicka (rather than spell power). Am I mistaken on this? If not, I should definitely invest in this new set.

Scales of magicka and spell power.
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    theironcat wrote: »
    This build is focused on PvP, right?
    If I wanted to change it a bit, for PvE, I could go for another set, rather than Leki's, right? (I can't suggest any other, since I don't have the knowledge for that ^^)

Anyway, thanks for posting it here!
    I've been looking for a WW Build I would enjoy playing, and I think I found it ^^

yep just standard stuff to replace lekis. The options change based on what level you are so tuff to suggest. But for Pve just put on your Pelinal's and fill in the blanks with relevant sets available to you, Cheers.
  • hitman46_2
    I would gladly meet you in battle :wink:
    PC - EU - EP

Guild:Dutch Dark Brotherhood (GM)
    Hodor Outcast

EP - Brobert - Imperial Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - Stripper - Breton Magicka Templar
    EP - Gangstah Sorcerer - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    EP - Assassins Blade - Redgaurd Stamina Templar
    EP - Stripper Magic - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    EP - Stripperino - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight
    EP - Cheesy Stripper - Khajit Stamina Nightblade
    AD - Sneaky Stripper Druglord - Woodelf Stamina Nightblade
    EP - This Stripper Rekt You - Orc Stamina Sorcerer
    EP - Permablocking Saiyan - Argonian Warden
    DC - Blue Stripper - Argonian Templar
    AD - Yellow Stripper - Argonian Templar

Specs:
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=65440431379

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a similar build on my Templar since 2 days after DB came out, and have loved it ever since.

5 heavy/ w light pelinals + engine guardian. S/B + resto w a mix of Lekis and agility weapons + jewelry.

He's a tanky group healer, albeit without the biggest burst heals, bust super survivable - and that werewolf form... Man!
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Cracking guide, I'll keep it in mind once I've levelled up more. Oh and once I've got werewolf :D
    Edited by KingofAnnwn on July 30, 2016 10:30PM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very close to what my stam templar runs. I enjoy Pelinal's / Fury so much. As the fight gets longer or I get outnumbered you become a hulking beast. Of course sustain can be an issue, careful timing of your burst is key in wolf form. It doesn't help that heavy attacks resource return bonus will not work sometimes.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking the build. 4 of us are going to run it in pvp for the ww passives, so it should be a blast. What are your thoughts on running 5 piece ravager instead of lekis for the added damage. I just don't see a huge benefit in 25% area reduction.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking the build. 4 of us are going to run it in pvp for the ww passives, so it should be a blast. What are your thoughts on running 5 piece ravager instead of lekis for the added damage. I just don't see a huge benefit in 25% area reduction.

My personal recommendation for a replacement for the lekis would be either 5 piece vicious ophidian in the same slots or 5 piece Armor of truth in the same slots. Armor of truth is an amazing set for WW and is now available in jewelry and accessories. But if your hellbent on Ravager then sure it can work.

Overall, all these changes just mean your less tanky than the lekis. You might consider Claws of life for your morph choice
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Gottbeard wrote: »

My personal recommendation for a replacement for the lekis would be either 5 piece vicious ophidian in the same slots or 5 piece Armor of truth in the same slots. Armor of truth is an amazing set for WW and is now available in jewelry and accessories. But if your hellbent on Ravager then sure it can work.

Overall, all these changes just mean your less tanky than the lekis. You might consider Claws of life for your morph choice

That makes sense. Fortunately I have a load of truth from getting ravagers. Thanks man.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Gottbeard wrote: »

That makes sense. Fortunately I have a load of truth from getting ravagers. Thanks man.

You want to find the vlastarus vendor and buy armor of truth bags so you can get the jewelry and at least one good traited mace.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...my...gawd...just got pelinals in heavy all decked out. Bought a set of fury, and I run it with bloodspawn. I know half the five piece on bloodspawn is wasted but with this set up, I get capped resists almost capped crit resist, and 4-5k spell AND weapon damage while in WW form. Mind you that's absolutely fully buffed, but...DAMN that's a good set up.just imagine the combo if I pop hircine, fear, then heavy attack into a howl...that skill will hit for 13-15k NON CRIT! One cast!!....omg...i cannot wait to take this to cyrodil, aw man...then swap bloodspawn for validreth (SP?) and kena one pieces...may be able to push over 5k with that....this is stupid. Awesome build as usual gottbeard
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Oh...my...gawd...just got pelinals in heavy all decked out. Bought a set of fury, and I run it with bloodspawn. I know half the five piece on bloodspawn is wasted but with this set up, I get capped resists almost capped crit resist, and 4-5k spell AND weapon damage while in WW form. Mind you that's absolutely fully buffed, but...DAMN that's a good set up.just imagine the combo if I pop hircine, fear, then heavy attack into a howl...that skill will hit for 13-15k NON CRIT! One cast!!....omg...i cannot wait to take this to cyrodil, aw man...then swap bloodspawn for validreth (SP?) and kena one pieces...may be able to push over 5k with that....this is stupid. Awesome build as usual gottbeard

My friend Busorenkin found a better potion recipe for the vitality buff if you do run velidreth but still want the armor boost. Mountain Flower, Butterfly wing, Beetle Scuttle. It makes a potion that gives you 9k ish health back on use and then Major health regen(20% health regen), major vitality (30% healing recieved) and Major armor buff (around 5400 armor) for 47 seconds afterwards.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds good. But I feel like I need my speed pots more with stam return
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gottbeard is that the potion you use in this video?
    Just an update I have all gear, and am working towards golding it all out. I currently have all armors enchanted with stamina because I didn't have the gold or TV stones to get gold heikejo enchants.
    So it hakeijo enchants necessary? Running nord race. How much stamina will I lose out on for more magick and health? In WW form I currently have 40k stamina with tri stat food.

So the build is hilariously fun, super effective in IC. Was three shotting players. Accually got a lot of "dude ur BEAST MODE" Compliments from both EP and my enemies. I laugh when a very well build stamina player tries to attack me 1v1, cause he cannot stand in the heat. And in IC WW form does not go down. You can stay in it indefinetly if you wanted, so many mobs around. I caught myself while fighting a DC took and running low on my timer, I would run off to kill ab npc just to eat him and get back In the fight. Very fun build. We need more of us in cyrodil to run with as a pack.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gottbeard

Hey! So I was running some numbers today, and I'm finding an issue with Savage Strength passive in the Werewolf skill line. According to the tooltip:
    Savage Strength (2/2): While in werewolf form, increases weapon damage by 18%

My totally unbuffed weapon and spell damage are 2505. After transforming, my weapon and spell damage are both 2763, which is a 10.3% increase, not 18%.

Furthermore, my human form weapon and spell damage with Rally active is 2987. Transforming while Rally is still active results in a weapon and spell damage of 3231, or an 8.17% increase. At first glance, it appears that Savage Strength suffers from diminishing returns.

A friend of mine looked at his weapon damage before and after transformation, and it resulted in an 18% increase. This leads me to believe there may be something I'm missing, pertaining specifically to Pelinel's. Any thoughts?
    Edited by Autolycus on August 23, 2016 11:42PM