Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If the crown store offered hide vampirism costume

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohunBleek wrote: »
    I need to hide vamp. I need it for pvp but i shouldn't have it for my ERP - i mean RP guild

Well... yeah... I'll just be over here, rocking back and forth while whimpering.
    Vigarr wrote: »
    It should be a toggle in the options menu like hide helmet but thanks to this thread you've probably made them realize that they can milk more money from us with this. :angry:

I'm pretty sure they already know considering the cost for changing the cosmitics of your character

They do. A full vampirism pack, where you can pick between the stages or mortal would be nice, though. I'd prefer a non-crown option, like simply being in stage one with now vampirism abilities slotted creates a mortal guise. Or a toggle which turns it off in exchange for some buff. (Or offers some buff while slotted, like increased damage, but then shuts off if you disguise yourself.)

yaaaaas, I lov you, but not as much as I lov female bosmer

So, this would be a bad time to point out that my first vampire is a female bosmer? :p
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to hide vamp. I need it for pvp but i shouldn't have it for my ERP - i mean RP guild

Well... yeah... I'll just be over here, rocking back and forth while whimpering.
    It should be a toggle in the options menu like hide helmet but thanks to this thread you've probably made them realize that they can milk more money from us with this. :angry:

I'm pretty sure they already know considering the cost for changing the cosmitics of your character

They do. A full vampirism pack, where you can pick between the stages or mortal would be nice, though. I'd prefer a non-crown option, like simply being in stage one with now vampirism abilities slotted creates a mortal guise. Or a toggle which turns it off in exchange for some buff. (Or offers some buff while slotted, like increased damage, but then shuts off if you disguise yourself.)

So, this would be a bad time to point out that my first vampire is a female bosmer? :p

Er, so what faction and platform does this one play? just out of curiosity of course
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Er, so what faction and platform does this one play? just out of curiosity of course

PC-NA, all factions... :p
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA, all factions... :p [/quote]

I feel this one possibly might have met you already ad side rawl kha a lol
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a skin in the crown store, I'd buy it. I'd probably play my Vamps once in awhile too, between the nerfs and the ugliness and the need to be starving for any of the passives to function, I've cured 2 vampires and shelved two more that only ever pick up the hireling mail.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 1 vampires are beautiful but sadly apart from how they look it is utterly stupid to anything but stage for in the game. And the changes in DB made it even more stupid not to be stage 4. :(
  • sekhem
    sekhem
    ✭✭✭
    Wasted dev time imo. Its ugly, sure. But last i checked this wasnt barbies online.

motifs are created to give a choice of your characters appearance so there is a demand for choosing how you like, and the dev time would be like what? 30 seconds to hide the vampire effect?

lol so yes this is barbies online! haha When I make new armor my favorite part is choosing how it will look.
    The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
    now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA, all factions... :p

I feel this one possibly might have met you already ad side rawl kha a lol

It's actually quite possible. Though I don't spend much time in the non-vet version of Reaper's March. Though, you can buy my stuff in Rawl Kha... at least at the moment. So you might have seen my name in a guild kiosk.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still waiting on that vampirism hiding option zos
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might. But for RP purposes, not because I dislike how my stage 4 vampire looks. I love it, and so does she, as she is very proud of being a Scion of Mother Lamae. But she knows it could cause unnecessary trouble if anyone saw her like that.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I might. But for RP purposes, not because I dislike how my stage 4 vampire looks. I love it, and so does she, as she is very proud of being a Scion of Mother Lamae. But she knows it could cause unnecessary trouble if anyone saw her like that.

What kind of rp? :D but in all seriousness I want to roleplay a vamp in hiding
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

What kind of rp? :D but in all seriousness I want to roleplay a vamp in hiding

Any RP with characters that are not aware of your character's vampirism, really. They are to be killed on sight by most people. My character would boast about it if she believes she has the advantage over the other character, but otherwise she wouldn't be so foolish to risk being killed.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy it :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reviving this old thread from its grave that it was from! I really want this to happen @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever is in charge of the visuals or whatever
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously. Easiest thing in the world for them to do and make a quick buck off us as well. NO reason NOT to do this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror !!!! Take my money!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

I've already got better armor than vampire hide, so no thanks.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

544372.jpg

See what you did? You made the limited time only baby polar bear facepalm. Now go to your room and think about what you've done.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money is ready guys! also my bod! but come on
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

544372.jpg

See what you did? You made the limited time only baby polar bear facepalm. Now go to your room and think about what you've done.

lollolol
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Kelces wrote: »
    No, this is not necessary. It's a disease, such things are not supposed to be pretty. If someone wants to have vampirism, they should wear their skin with pride. As I had one of my characters be a vampire, I simply used a dwarven hat, which makes a great mask (for example) to hide the face. Difficult of course, if you have an animal race, especially argonian...

Yet verandiss stormravenn can hide it without any penalty??

Edit: I meant ravenwatchh

I doubt verandis is a stage 4 vamp. I recall one of the quests where him and dat dunmer chick were slurping up some nice thrall blood. Stage 1-2 vamp looks pretty good tbh... Its those people running ard who havent drunk an ounce of blood (since they became vamp) at stage 4 that look like shrivelled old lady parts.... If you wanna be a vamp, you are going to have to accept that you needa drink some blood or pay the price..... You cant have the reduced awesome ult cost, and look awesome at the same time too now can ya~ =X

Verandis doesn't look like a vampire at all until you "discover" his secret by walking into his castle during dinner time. After that he perpetually looks Stage 1. BUT he straight up tells you that he "hides" his vampirism at King Emeric's behest.

Screenshot_20140701_222452_zps166e8599.png

Which is why he looks normal when you first meet him:

Screenshot_20140701_201155_zps098357c0.png

So, he's proof that there is at least some sort of illusion magic available that will allow vampires to look like normal mortals.

And Lamae Bal herself tells you that vampires can hide among mortals.

Screenshot_20141120_135203_zpsuumd9pbj.png

And then there's Heloise. Here she is looking completely mortal AFTER she has killed a family.

maxresdefault.jpg

So apparently you do NOT need to be some super hot wizard to "hide" your vampirism after all... you just have to be well fed.

Now, after you "discover" that Heloise is a vampire...she looks like one. So I realize this is probably just a cheesy plot device but I feel it's really unnecessary. And all the lore in this game DOES suggest that vampires looking like normal mortals is indeed a thing. So it is long past time for ZOS to give us the option... even if they make us pay for it.

5k crowns? I think it sounds like a great price
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    I used a disguise acquired in game, name of it escapes me right now, can't check and I'm on my way out into the sunlight in RL! (I think it's the disguise you use in The Rift re rescue a scout from some Hags) this completely changes the appearance of my vampire. The same disguise weirdly changed the hair style on a non vampire character, from a long black pony tail, to Huron hair and sometimes completely bald!
    I tended to try to save these disguises acquired from quests pre costume purchases etc..
    Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Kelces wrote: »
    No, this is not necessary. It's a disease, such things are not supposed to be pretty. If someone wants to have vampirism, they should wear their skin with pride. As I had one of my characters be a vampire, I simply used a dwarven hat, which makes a great mask (for example) to hide the face. Difficult of course, if you have an animal race, especially argonian...

Yet verandiss stormravenn can hide it without any penalty??

Edit: I meant ravenwatchh

I doubt verandis is a stage 4 vamp. I recall one of the quests where him and dat dunmer chick were slurping up some nice thrall blood. Stage 1-2 vamp looks pretty good tbh... Its those people running ard who havent drunk an ounce of blood (since they became vamp) at stage 4 that look like shrivelled old lady parts.... If you wanna be a vamp, you are going to have to accept that you needa drink some blood or pay the price..... You cant have the reduced awesome ult cost, and look awesome at the same time too now can ya~ =X

Verandis doesn't look like a vampire at all until you "discover" his secret by walking into his castle during dinner time. After that he perpetually looks Stage 1. BUT he straight up tells you that he "hides" his vampirism at King Emeric's behest.

Screenshot_20140701_222452_zps166e8599.png

Which is why he looks normal when you first meet him:

Screenshot_20140701_201155_zps098357c0.png

So, he's proof that there is at least some sort of illusion magic available that will allow vampires to look like normal mortals.

And Lamae Bal herself tells you that vampires can hide among mortals.

Screenshot_20141120_135203_zpsuumd9pbj.png

And then there's Heloise. Here she is looking completely mortal AFTER she has killed a family.

maxresdefault.jpg

So apparently you do NOT need to be some super hot wizard to "hide" your vampirism after all... you just have to be well fed.

Now, after you "discover" that Heloise is a vampire...she looks like one. So I realize this is probably just a cheesy plot device but I feel it's really unnecessary. And all the lore in this game DOES suggest that vampires looking like normal mortals is indeed a thing. So it is long past time for ZOS to give us the option... even if they make us pay for it.

5k crowns? I think it sounds like a great price

I think it should be the same price of a polymorph (1k Crowns) at most.

Meet my characters:

• JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    + 1

Free option or cheap crown store.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really want zos to implement this somehow, i don't like looking like a vamp does in this elder scroll game
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    I kind of wear my vamprism proudly, but to each his own.

I'd rather have a costume to enhance it more - a Nosferatu, A more 'bat-like' vampire noble, or a giant vampire bat (or swarm) as a hybrid costume/mount.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HotToddy wrote: »
    I kind of wear my vamprism proudly, but to each his own.

I'd rather have a costume to enhance it more - a Nosferatu, A more 'bat-like' vampire noble, or a giant vampire bat (or swarm) as a hybrid costume/mount.

Those could be some really cool polymorphs. We need more polymorphs.

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Body marking? Yes. Costume? No.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Body marking? Yes. Costume? No.

Can you explain what you mean?

• WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed that khajit and Argonians don't get tusks. Can't you cover up vampirism by using a skin? You could look like a man made of blood sausage.