Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

• ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    :o I am pleased that all I wanted was an option to change hairstyles every once in a while!
    War....war never changes
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    well, I had HUGE plains for my main character and also very first character who is the most geared character i have. as all noobs, i made a number of massive mistakes that i could easily fix. but now that i see the prices on the changes every last one of my plains are ruined. and now the only way i can fix it is by power leveling a new character spending weeks a it, then spending i don't even want to know how much gold re-leveling my crating. and then shipping all my gear over the the new toon. and at any time wile doing this i might find a MISTAKE in the new character. huh, now that i think of it i guess re-specking is NOT a good free option.
    Edited by natewook on August 2, 2016 7:43PM
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • Locksheon
    Locksheon
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to the patch today. Then I saw the prices.
    Yeaaaaah... No thanks.

Seriously, I would have paid 500 for a name change. But 3000!?!??! Insanity.
    www.twitch.tv/locksheon
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changing your characters name does not impact on your character or their game playing abilities so why is it so much to change it?

When the game came out on PS4 your characters name was not visible to anyone else but now we do not have a choice but to let everyone see it - please let us change it for a reasonable price.

I have deleted and re-rolled bad builds, losing levels and riding skills but to have to do so just because I (or others) do not like my characters name is simply too much.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found out it's cheaper to change my name in real life then all the characters on my account .
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would also think for those prices the shop/tokens would work,lol nope. Even if I wanted to use them,first day of release would not be the time to start dropping money.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people thinking that the price is "ok" i pity you, you are the kind of human that can easily get milked and controlled. If you're gonna think and just think for sec, this tool is not time consuming to make compared to DLC's, mounts, costume etc. and ironically the price is way more expensive than those. Clearly ZOS is milking its consumers because the appearance/race change is wanted for a very long time that we fed the hype train, thing is why wait that long to implement a very very simple game mechanic it's like really two effin years man!. Well clearly people wanted this so badly and ZOS just held their vaults shut, then when it's time to feed the hype they're gonna overprice treating this simple tool a limited edition stuff where in most games it can be bought by gold or cheaper value in real cash and no those games are not B2P/P2P they're F2P, why did those game survived despite F2P? because they had developers listening to their community and good marketing strategy.

I've already lost tons of cash back then for buying the imperial edition of the game which cost me like $165 and i only bought that chap because they've advertised before that the imperials can only be accessed by this "thing", then a year later they've added the imperial option in the crown store, it was a slap in my face that i quit the game where i only came back after Tamriel unlimited. So yeah i've already have enough of ZOS gimmicks and i'm not buying their stuffs unless future prices are reasonable, i understand it's cosmetic and optional but the thing is if you want more people to keep buying your stuffs adjust for the population because we are not all zombies.
    Edited by Perwulf on August 2, 2016 8:55AM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »
    For people thinking that the price is "ok" i pity you, you are the kind of human that can easily get milked and controlled. If you're gonna think and just think for sec, this tool is not time consuming to make compared to DLC's, mounts, costume etc. and ironically the price is way more expensive than those. Clearly ZOS is milking its consumers because the appearance/race change is wanted for a very long time that we fed the hype train, thing is why wait that long to implement a very very simple game mechanic it's like really two effin years man!. Well clearly people wanted this so badly and ZOS just held their vaults shut, then when it's time to feed the hype they're gonna overprice treating this simple tool a limited edition stuff where in most games it can be bought by gold or cheaper value in real cash and no those games are not B2P/P2P they're F2P, why did those game survived despite F2P? because they had developers listening to their community and good marketing strategy.

I've already lost tons of cash back then for buying the imperial edition of the game which cost me like $165 and i only bought that chap because they've advertised before that the imperials can only be accessed by this "thing", then a year later they've added the imperial option in the crown store, it was a slap in my face that i quit the game where i only came back after Tamriel unlimited. So yeah i've already have enough of ZOS gimmicks and i'm not buying their stuffs unless future prices are reasonable, i understand it's cosmetic and optional but the thing is if you want more people to keep buying your stuffs adjust for the population because we are not all zombies.

bravery_o_1218356.jpg
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is absolutely INSANE! Zenimax is FORCING people to buy this and asking people to have atleast 5-10k crowns available when the Update 11 hits. A $20 DLC just turned into a $100 DLC...

This is not some limited edition mount in the crown store.. This is something we all feel like we need. Majority of players starting out made a mistake choosing a race that's not the best for that certain class. Majority of players wants to change the look of the our characters because we've had them for 1-2 years.

I feel sorry for people that don't have the means to spend $50-$100 on fluff.

This is GREED. I'm usually on Zenimax's side. But this absurd and extremely disappointing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I second this. I have a lot of stuff to pay for in the real world. I pay rent, pay a car payment, insurance, phone, cable, Internet, plus other expenses. I like to enjoy my gaming time, not feel like I need a SECOND JOB for my leisure time.

What's scarier is that so many say they "expected" such prices. How sad that the pricing on some things has gotten so grossly out of hand that it's expected to be high, and still these are SO HIGH that it's absurd even to them. I can buy whole games cheaper than this. My REAL LIFE HAIRCUTS don't cost this much. Absurd, disgraceful, horrendous business practice. Should be ashamed. Absolutely ashamed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Voryn_Dagoth
    Voryn_Dagoth
    ✭✭
    A question to the long-time gamers here: From your experience, how likely is it to get a discount on the tokens at any time? And if likely, at which time around could we expect this?

I waited for the change features, but considering the very high prices I think about waiting some more.
    Edited by Voryn_Dagoth on August 2, 2016 11:56PM
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ZOS has the capacity to make changes to this. Offer in game gold for barber shop. Lower prices of race change and name change.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's look at this absurd pricing from another angle, and I'll use the worst of the pricing as my example: The Name Change.

All of our characters are stored primarily on ZOS's servers. There are a few access files on our PC/Xbox/PS4, but the vast majority of everything is stored on ZOS's servers.

You have an account file that is the main access point, and all of your characters have their own individual file, and those files contain everything pertinent to each individual character that you have. I'd imagine that each character file is labeled with your characters name for easy accessing when logging in to a particular character.
    • So the Name Change Token is 2500 Crowns.
    • You must buy the 3000 Crown package to have enough Crowns for One (1) Name Change.
    • On Xbox Live, the 3000 Crown package is $25 USD.
    • The Name Change Token allows you to rename the file that contains everything pertinent to that one specific character.

So, ZOS; why are you charging me $25 USD TO RENAME A *** FILE!?!?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    i mean way to make it blatantly obvious that you're shaking down and exploiting people who have an emotional investment in the game. because they're the only people who will hand over that amount of money for no new content at all, just the ability to tweak a few data files. it sets a pretty godawful precedent really
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution,let the people OK with the price buy the tokens and sell them for gold in game.lol gold is about useless anyways.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's look at this absurd pricing from another angle, and I'll use the worst of the pricing as my example: The Name Change.

All of our characters are stored primarily on ZOS's servers. There are a few access files on our PC/Xbox/PS4, but the vast majority of everything is stored on ZOS's servers.

You have an account file that is the main access point, and all of your characters have their own individual file, and those files contain everything pertinent to each individual character that you have. I'd imagine that each character file is labeled with your characters name for easy accessing when logging in to a particular character.
    • So the Name Change Token is 2500 Crowns.
    • You must buy the 3000 Crown package to have enough Crowns for One (1) Name Change.
    • On Xbox Live, the 3000 Crown package is $25 USD.
    • The Name Change Token allows you to rename the file that contains everything pertinent to that one specific character.

So, ZOS; why are you charging me $25 USD TO RENAME A *** FILE!?!?

Well, two minor quibbles.

1. Our characters are probably not files. They are database entries. Rather than renaming a file, they are changing the indexed "name" field in the database entry for the character.
    2. The price they charge is not intended, in any way, to reflect the difficulty of the task.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    prices are laughable. this is outrageous. shame on you zos.
  • Zamuro
    Zamuro
    ✭✭✭
    insane prices in a buy to play game.... almost black desert lvl of greed and failure
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    gee, if JUST changing a characters name costs so much I wonder what housing will be like?
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    hmm. My guess is 2500 crowns just to get into the area, and 500 for the house.... dear lord i Hope I'm wrong.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop:

You can change your character's hair style, adornments, and markings as often as you like using any items purchased, which can be accessed from your Collections menu under the “Appearance" category. These can all be used alongside many of your existing collectibles as well!

You but the hair style ONCE!!! ONE FREAKING TIME FOR ALL YOUR TOONS.

Jesus... please stop with the QQ already, they are not going to charge you hairstyles for each toon. The race change should be that much. You are mid maxing your character and affecting gameplay. So pay for it.

Please note: I do think the pricing is high, don't get me wrong. But why are you changed your toon? If its just looks, maybe you should have thought about that when you made your toon. If you are trying to get the racial passives, or doing it to affect how your stats and gameplay go. Then yes, you are going to pay that much for the extra damage or healing. Or just wait another month or see how it goes live.
    Edited by ThePaleItalian on August 11, 2016 9:11PM
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop:

You can change your character's hair style, adornments, and markings as often as you like using any items purchased, which can be accessed from your Collections menu under the “Appearance" category. These can all be used alongside many of your existing collectibles as well!

Jesus... please stop with the QQ already, they are not going to charge you hairstyles for each toon. The race change should be that much. You are mid maxing your character and affecting gameplay. So pay for it.

Please note: I do think the pricing is high, don't get me wrong. But why are you changed your toon? If its just looks, maybe you should have thought about that when you made your toon. If you are trying to get the racial passives, or doing it to affect how your stats and gameplay go. Then yes, you are going to pay that much for the extra damage or healing. Or just wait another month or see how it goes live.

Hairstyle bundle price is ok but we're taking race/name change here plus these QQs had valid reasons, shame that you support this kind of business model. When ESO was released race doesn't matter because of soft caps and we just picked the races we liked the most but with the recent patches and removal of soft caps, specific races for specific classes and specific builds matters now and some mix just lacks synergy or doesn't work well when it comes to AvA. Just so you know min/max in pvp had huge advantage for player vs player with the same level of skill set and FYI some are returning players with no crowns in stock, and making another toon just feels so wrong because we got used to our first toon with all those unlocks & etc.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop:

Hairstyle bundle price is ok but we're taking race/name change here plus these QQs had valid reasons, shame that you support this kind of business model. When ESO was released race doesn't matter because of soft caps and we just picked the races we liked the most but with the recent patches and removal of soft caps, specific races for specific classes and specific builds matters now and some mix just lacks synergy or doesn't work well when it comes to AvA. Just so you know min/max in pvp had huge advantage for player vs player with the same level of skill set and FYI some are returning players with no crowns in stock, and making another toon just feels so wrong because we got used to our first toon with all those unlocks & etc.

If you read the bottom of my message I said that I agreed the prices were high. I understand that in some cases it might be. I know that mid and maxing gives an advantage, hence the fact that you have to pay for it. I understand the player base being upset. But nothing you or I or anyone can do. The game has changed alot, this is coming from a player that started on easrly release on PC.

My question to people QQing is this. How many mounts have you bought? Or XP scrolls or pets? I am 99% sure its been alot more than a race change or name change. That is my point. That's all.
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Chuckar0o
    Chuckar0o
    ✭✭
    Changing my gamertag on my Xbox account shouldn't cost less than a name change.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop:

If you read the bottom of my message I said that I agreed the prices were high. I understand that in some cases it might be. I know that mid and maxing gives an advantage, hence the fact that you have to pay for it. I understand the player base being upset. But nothing you or I or anyone can do. The game has changed alot, this is coming from a player that started on easrly release on PC.

My question to people QQing is this. How many mounts have you bought? Or XP scrolls or pets? I am 99% sure its been alot more than a race change or name change. That is my point. That's all.

I kinda missed that sorry :), well mounts is kind of "worthy of the price" because the devs are making effort of the 3d object also the effort of using their imagination, the race/name change however is a very simple tool yet the price is even more expensive than the current mounts. I don't want to argue or anything but i want the devs and player to know that this is clearly a hype scam because we wanted this tool for so long that they think they can milk all the players, the only thing that bugs me is that why it took hem 2 years to implement this stuff heck it' took longer than creating a game.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop:

I kinda missed that sorry :), well mounts is kind of "worthy of the price" because the devs are making effort of the 3d object also the effort of using their imagination, the race/name change however is a very simple tool yet the price is even more expensive than the current mounts. I don't want to argue or anything but i want the devs and player to know that this is clearly a hype scam because we wanted this tool for so long that they think they can milk all the players, the only thing that bugs me is that why it took hem 2 years to implement this stuff heck it' took longer than creating a game.

No worries :smiley: I agree with you as well. I have been wanting to make my orc taller because I screwed up lol.

As long as players buy it they will not stop.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop:

No worries :smiley: I agree with you as well. I have been wanting to make my orc taller because I screwed up lol.

As long as players buy it they will not stop.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Andairean
    Andairean
    ✭✭
    Edited by Andairean on September 6, 2016 8:35AM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭