The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Writ Surveys arent there

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
I did my writs, go to wrothgar to turn in and then hunt the survey maps. These spots that I commonly visit nearly everyday had nothing. I go to the woodworker survey on the map where there is a giant red X (also using lost treasure addon) and nothing there....ok....so lets try blacksmithing survey and its the same thing - nothing there. Wheres my resource nodes?
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you certain they are in that character's inventory and not the bank?

I hope they didn't mess up the other nodes... I know the medium armor material nodes have been seen by / could be gathered by others, but not heard of that happening on the other surveys. Do you still have the surveys since you've not personally gathered the materials?
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the surveys in my inventory, its been a daily routine and this has never happened.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know what's wrong, but at least you still have the survey maps and they're not counting as "gathered" because someone else got the materials then.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right? Yea the map markers still appear but i will have to try again in a few days when i have a chance.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... lost treasure add on has a setting that shows all locations regardless if you dont have the surveys in your inventory.

Some people turned this feature on when there was that exploit with the bank assistant and the quick fix was to make the map disappear when you got close to the location.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on August 6, 2016 9:40PM
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmithing Survey 1 in Wrothgar isn't working for me. I go there, but no nodes. I even tried giving it to another character. Then I received the survey again on ANOTHER character as a reward, and the same issue. I checked again today and the nodes are still gone.
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Blacksmithing Survey 1 in Wrothgar isn't working for me. I go there, but no nodes. I even tried giving it to another character. Then I received the survey again on ANOTHER character as a reward, and the same issue. I checked again today and the nodes are still gone.

Sorry I couldn't resit. All that ore just for the taking and nobody was around. I couldn't help myself. ;)

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just rewarded Blacksmithing Survey 2 and those nodes are missing too. Wtf, ZOS.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @Bel_Shezzar Please tell me you guys are aware of this issue.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood working one for me. Nothing on arrival
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar bBlacksmithing writs are not working for me either. Sometimes if I switch zones and come back, they show up, but not often.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed something interesting:

The lost treasure addon showed woodworking Wrothgar II to exist north from Frozen Fleet (the one next to two bears). There was nothing. But the woodworkingsurvey map itself with name Wrothgar II showed it to SE from Morkul Stronghold (the one where you need to kill one bear). And the survey area was there.

i admit that i have used the addon so long that i don't remember the map numbers any more. But if you don't find the area, look at the original survey map.
    Edited by helediron on August 7, 2016 2:13PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully in tomorrows maintenance patch it will be fixed :)
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone here using "Lost Treasure" add-on? Comments on its esoui page suggest it's at fault, people talking about rolling back the add-on to older version.

edit: Since Lost Treasure 4.16 release notes says "Updated Wrothgar Surveys" it sounds like an addon updated based on PTS locations before the live game did.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 7, 2016 7:09PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the game is working correctly and the addon is not.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

Could be. Will investigate tomorrow.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »

Could be. Will investigate tomorrow.
    I am fetching every day full set of maps. I'll check all maps i have tomorrow, and cross-reference with Lost Treasure.

I just want to mention that the addon is great, and little hiccups mean nothing.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost Treasure updated again today, presumably to fix the "wrong" locations for the Wrothgar maps as the release notes say "Revert change made to Wrothgar Surveys"
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 8, 2016 1:28AM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was it. Now that it's been updated, I can see that the previous version was pointing me to Blacksmithing Survey II's spot if I had number 1, and vice-versa. Same with other the other surveys. Now it's showing me the correct locations and I got all my mats. Thanks, guys! :)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experienced this issue when DB was released on console, receive survey travel to (well visited) survey location, survey was consumed but no nodes to collect.

i submitted tickets for 3 of the 4 occasions it happened (i thought i had made a mistake the 1st time it happened) and customer services resolved the issue

i provided a detailed information, date time, survey type, survey number. a bug was logged and it was resolved during the incremental patch 2 weeks after release

it was believed that it had something to do with the banker exploit at the time, so i have no idea why its reappeared now

hope your issue is resolved soon :)
  • nk474
    nk474
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue as puffytheslayer. Relogging worked for me but as I approached the x on the map (i use lost treasure) it would disappear. However he is on console and I am on pc.
  • C4rt3r_H4ll
    C4rt3r_H4ll
    ✭✭
    Did any of you take the time to look at the survey and see if perhaps ypur add-on was displaying misinformation?
    A fellow played was being salty in zone chat, I told them they must not have been in the right spot. They found it and thanked me. Your welcome.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did any of you take the time to look at the survey and see if perhaps ypur add-on was displaying misinformation?

Were 2 steps ahead of you :)
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I had a chance to log in finally and it was the addon causing the problem. Now the addon is fixed and im finding my nodes!
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this separate from reports that other players could see your survey nodes? Or is it that same people were at someone else survey due to the addon bad location?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an update for the add-on
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today it happened to me that a survey area wasn't there, in the right place. Needed to relog to get it spawn. So this isn't an addon issue. I verified the location from survey map, and i know their locations exactly. There really seems to be a chance that survey area doesn't spawn. For me it's really rare, after harvesting hundreds of maps this is the first time.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    I did my writs, go to wrothgar to turn in and then hunt the survey maps. These spots that I commonly visit nearly everyday had nothing. I go to the woodworker survey on the map where there is a giant red X (also using lost treasure addon) and nothing there....ok....so lets try blacksmithing survey and its the same thing - nothing there. Wheres my resource nodes?

I've had this once, long ago. I relogged and it was fixed.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, please read. The issue was an addon, now fixed for a while now.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Guys, please read. The issue was an addon, now fixed for a while now.
    No, the addon is fixed, but i still occasionally find empty area where it should be. I need to relog to get it spawn.