The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are costumes dyeable?

Rraith
Rraith
✭✭
Is there any kind of customization for costumes?
Edited by Rraith on May 21, 2016 10:43AM
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish :(
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only customisation option is to show or hide the head piece on costumes which have one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nomad79
    Nomad79
    Too bad too. I'd buy the thief costumes if I could dye them black.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad79 wrote: »
    Too bad too. I'd buy the thief costumes if I could dye them black.
    Could you not make outlaw style armor? Is that not similar to the thieves costume?
    I mean it'd be expensive/time consuming to gather up all the motifs for it but the armor I think is similar to the costume.
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 23, 2016 12:29AM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they showed us some of the existing costumes in different colours to what they're being sold in now throughout Thieves Guild, so hopefully it's being worked on!
    Danikat wrote: »
    The only customisation option is to show or hide the head piece on costumes which have one.

I'd love it if they added the option to hide gloves and shoulder flaps too.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope,they arent.One day,maybe.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    I want 2 costumes leaving the store this month. Won't buy them because I can't dye them or mix-and-match pieces. Why does ZOS not understand that most people don't want to run around in the exact same outfit as other people? I have seen people in real life never wear a shirt again around a group of friends because a girl had the same shirt. If your character is supposed to be your unique snowflake you created, having the exact same ensemble in the exact same colors seems anathema to that goal.
    I did buy the groom's outfit when it was on a valentine's sale, so both my khajit and my elf sorceress are running around in that looking very formal. but that was 250 crowns on sale, and the color scheme (apart from dying it white or, for fun, powder blue) was probably the choice most people would make.
    Wake up: I'm not spending crowns, and therefore creating no new impetus to buy crowns, because you didn't program in some kind of "fashion clothing" slots that let me do what I want. This isn't a player asking for the moon (underwater) or complaining about some gameplay facet--I'm telling you I would spend money IF YOU DID THIS.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to know we'd all buy more costumes if we could make them individual!
    B)
    ...the problem is that they made the costumes entirely separate, so they would have to build us a way to interface the dye station for our costumes & also go back to assign the dye "areas" to every costume.

Its the tug-o-war between the real $ to make it work & the predicted $ it would bring in crown sales after.
    Personally, I would have twice as many costumes as I do now if not more!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not yet, but when they are 12K crowns :P
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember hearing something about the new hats being able to be worn on top of a costume. Not exactly the sort of customization the OP probably is looking for, but it's a step in the right direction.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnrotten wrote: »
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember hearing something about the new hats being able to be worn on top of a costume. Not exactly the sort of customization the OP probably is looking for, but it's a step in the right direction.

Yup.You can wear the costume and a hat too!
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah dying costumes is an absolute must and I can't understand why they haven't done it yet.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Yeah dying costumes is an absolute must and I can't understand why they haven't done it yet.

Same with weapons.I think anything we wear should be dyeable.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    If you could dye costumes I would buy the Nedic armor instantly, it's one of only two sleeveless heavy armors. The other is Primal which is fine but the random bones hanging off the hip are stupid.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    Per my post of 3 months past, had you announced the costume dying I would have purchased 2 outfits I can no longer get. You are out money, and I am out a set collection of ones and zeroes. Yay.

However, congratulations on adding the dye-ing. Now figure out how to let us mix and match tops and bottoms and, headwear from fashion outfits, please.