Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major Brutality/Sorcery Buffs (Originally about Stamblade Major Brutality)

• Espica
    Espica
    ✭✭
    Has anybody thought about the monetary impact?
    What about the people that make a coin selling potions or reagents?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The formula is roughly approximated as:

[10.5(WSD) + MSV](BSC/SRC)(PDI)

Where:
    WSD = Weapon/Spell damage listed on the character sheet, this will change based on buffs.
    MSV = Maximum Stat Value for which ever stat the skill scales with.
    BSC = Base Skill Cost, this can be found on sites like ESO-academy or Skill-factory.
    SRC = Skill Ratio Coefficient, this one is tricky it is unique to each skill, it can be found easily though by plugging in current value's and output, once found for a particular skill it remains true for all changes to bracketed value's.
    PDI = Percentage Damage Increase, such as Minor Berserk or other buffs that directly buff overall damage rather than a stat.

Minor Berserk falls into PDI and thus is roughly double the value of Major Brutality when calculating damage. The higher you stamina pool the less influential weapon damage is to overrall skill output. Minor Berserk is not affected by this dynamic, Minor Berserk is always worth the same amount because of where it comes in the calculations.

Weapon damage can be calculated using:

[BWD + AWD + M(sumD%)](% WDI)

Where:
    BWD = Base Weapon Damage
    AWD = Additional Weapon Damage
    M = Warrior Mundus if used
    sumD = sum of percentage divines increase
    %WDI = percentage weapon damage increase

It is important to account for all sources of AWD and %WDI or the numbers will not come out right.

NB's have access to Major Brutality already, yes Major Brutality will effect healing but that is not important when valuing pre opening buffs which is exactly what is being discussed here. NB's can use Potions, DW, 2h, as well as class skills after opening if they need more healing buffs.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This dead horse again, poor thing can't catch a break even in death.

At this point, I'd rather they didn't bother changing the skills as it will either result in an unnecessary nerf somewhere or a bug that breaks something.

I've resigned myself to be completely committed to be a potion chugger in PvP for my major brutality; well as fully as I can considering that potion glyphs are still bugged.
    Argonian forever
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Brutality and Major Sorcery potions are both available through purchase with AP from the siege merchant.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer my dreugh king slayer than casting the buff because I found myself casing too many buffs with my bar set up which was messing up my dps.

I personally don't get the problem. There should be differences between class. I don't get major vitality but I'm not yelling that I'm not a templar.

Use the alternate paths or make more character. I have 1 character with 300+ sp so I went with the first choice to do everything on one character
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer my dreugh king slayer than casting the buff because I found myself casing too many buffs with my bar set up which was messing up my dps.

I personally don't get the problem. There should be differences between class. I don't get major vitality but I'm not yelling that I'm not a templar.

Use the alternate paths or make more character. I have 1 character with 300+ sp so I went with the first choice to do everything on one character

Again, everybody is probably ALREADY getting Major Brutality from some other method. The problem is that, as it stands right now, there aren't exactly that many options to obtain it. That creates very little build diversity. It has nothing to do with the classes feeling different. Actually it's giving classes more options to actually BE different.
    Edited by Vythri on August 3, 2016 5:29PM
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    What about making the fighters guild skill evil hunter give it and remove the detection, that way all stam players can use it just like all casters get the mages guild extra damage one. Job done
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    What about making the fighters guild skill evil hunter give it and remove the detection, that way all stam players can use it just like all casters get the mages guild extra damage one. Job done

That has been discussed somewhere before, and I think it would be the best and most obvious idea.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vythri wrote: »
    shugg wrote: »

That has been discussed somewhere before, and I think it would be the best and most obvious idea.

Agreed.