Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy Any of the Style Parlor Tokens?

• Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Hairstyles and accessories? Yep, I'll buy all of the ones that interest me. I'd prefer it if they made these things in-game purchases because towns can always use more life. I'm thinking about the clothier shop in Hew's Bane, that has mannequins displaying Crown store costumes. How wonderful and, dare I say, immersive it would be to purchase appearance alterations there.

As for race change? I'm not a min-maxer who is constantly following the latest meta, and I chose my races because I really liked them, so no.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These Prices Ruin My Immersion! (No Explanation) - No.
    I can actually change my name in real life for a cheaper price than in ESO.... God almighty....
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I will buy the hairs that I like o:)

I have no need of a name change, ever. Frankly for those prices I would rather delete and recreate the character :#

But the hairstyles seem reasonable. Also I WILL NEVER RACE CHANGE muahahhah. Even if my race sucks. NEVAHHH
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I don't want to spend crowns for these tokens because this will encourage such Zenimax policy in a future.
    Players with unlucky first choice of race, appearance or name have no alternative ways to change them... thats why prices are so high. It calls monopoly.
    Price for changing name 2500? Why not 1000 for example? Will the player change name every day for second price? No, its not chiep also - 66% of month crowns per month of ESO membership...
    Race change for 3000 crowns? Why more expencive than name change? Is this "everyday" access to data-base more expensive? Why? What's the cost components of this price?
    And, appearance...3 appearance changes for crowns which we have from 2 month of ESO Membership, really? With (8+4) characters on each account?

Perfect desert conditions. I don't want to buy water for price of elite wine. I don't want to live in desert.

P.S: Zenimax will get much more money if will do these prices lower because ppl will use them more often and not only for main character. Especially its about appearance change...
    Edited by Anethum on July 28, 2016 12:55PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race change price is fine. Name change is a bit of a price gouge, but I can live with it.

The appearance change implementation is the piece that really pisses me off. It further proves that ZOS views its players as nothing more than exploitable dollars and they don't give half a crap about the integrity of the game world or our immersion in it. This is a big middle finger from ZOS, and once again I place all the blame on @ZOS_MattFiror for his weak, short-sighted leadership and @ZOS_RichLambert for not going to battle for the integrity of your game world.

The only monetization of appearance changing should be a purchasable pack of hairstyles/adornments/whatnots and then all appearance modifications should be made IN GAME, either with or without a gold sink.

FFS ZOS, you are lucky the PvP combat is enjoyable in this game, because it's the only thing that keeps me here, and it's so sad because The Elder Scrolls is my absolute favorite fantasy IP/universe that currently exists. You fail again, but I'm not even surprised.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I had about 5 characters I had wanted to tweak a little. At this price I'm probably going to buy only one appearance token for the one alt who really needed it. Although, I'm going to run the changes through the PTS first just to be sure.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Yes, based purely on the changes coming to each race anyway. Plus I am lazy and do not want to play the whole game again just to roll a different race. I chose poorly to begin with (this being my first MMORPG), and now need a class with a stamina bonus. But I just use my own name, so wont get a name change, that seems a waste of money to me.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Yes. There was only one option I wanted to go with when the Style Parlour was announced, and it just so happens to be the cheapest one, and that's the normal appearance change of 1000 crowns, which isn't as bad as I expected it to be. I suppose I'm lucky that that's all I wanted to do, do feel sorry for people who want race and name change as well though.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • moonbat
    moonbat
    ✭✭✭
    10$ to change hair colour - which is all that I wanted to do - is unreasonable.

I will not be spending any money on this new feature.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    susmitds wrote: »
    These changes are not something that are supposed to be bought every day. The high prices will keep the changes limited.

I really disagree with this reasoning; if other players want to change their look, race, gender, or whatever, as many times as their hearts desire, that's absolutely fine with me; it's THEIR experience, their good time with the game, not OURS to tell them how often they can change their look (or not). The prices are high because ZOS wants to make a Magnus-sized vault full of cash for very little effort. Period.

I have no desire to support an option (hairstyles/colors) that comes standard for in-game gold in so many other MMOs.

ZOS, stop trying to flip me upside down to shake out my pockets!!
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I have one character that I'll tweak a bit via appearance change - possibly changing her name too to get rid of an apostrophe. That's about it, my 11 others are perfect just as they are.

The base game hair bundle is tempting, too... just a pity it's not divided by race, as someone who only plays one race (Khajiit) I will have a lot on unused hairstyles clogging up the menu.
    PC-EU
  • Bramble
    Bramble
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Heck, no.

Far, far too much.

Should be in-game gold for everyone, a number of free alterations for subscribers, at least one a month, and then cost in-game gold for additional visits to the barber shop.

Can you fathom what housing is going to entail at this rate?

I'm investing my time & money elsewhere. Maybe in a few years ESO will wake up and become aware of how many people they've driven off with this predatory pricing. Maybe in a few years, if these policies are reversed, perhaps I'll take another look at the game.
  • ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I have 12 chars. I was planning to tweak each one a litte, maybe change 2-3 races around, maybe change the gender on 1 or 2 (which means I need to change the name). I don't think that sounds like an unreasonable plan for a long time player.

The price tag on that is now somewhere between 125€ and 160€.

The good thing is that I paid attention when creating those characters. Most of them have an ideal or at least decent class/race combination and they all look OK.

So instead of paying a reasonable amount of cash, I will now pay nothing.
    And I hope others will do the same, because housing is on its way.
    Edited by ntheogenic on July 31, 2016 3:14PM
    GDBY
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    i will go for the Race Change on my night blade even tho it is way to expensive
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really if it were $5 for name change i would likely have spent 25-30 bucks on it to reset my characters names to common themes. The current price is too expensive for that so i wont do any and just drop that idea. had entertained idea of one race change but now, nah.

I got their arguments with banker - targets select crowd of purchasers, group utility, account wide provides direct effect on gameplay and for me PLAYTIME..Expensive but IMO worth it for those who want it.

These are single character specific and basically one and done. its the exact opposite of the banker type purchases. Would have expected exact opposite pricing scheme.

But hey, as always, they set prices, i choose whether to purchase. So no foul and I JUST MOVE ON to the other things i enjoy in ESO..
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    ZOS, stop trying to flip me upside down to shake out my pockets!!
    Well, as I've said in other threads, if ZOS really wanted to make money, they'd be better off with lower prices and more volume.

I, for one, had a number of changes planned that are now almost all scrapped. Less business from me, that's for sure.

There are also a lot of people who like to frequently change how they look; they'll probably lose much of that crowd too. Not sure if the few who do pony up would make up for all that lost volume.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I would rather delete a lvl 50 character and make changes than pay 35 dollars. What a waste. Terrible price point.
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Vangy wrote: »
    I can actually change my name in real life for a cheaper price than in ESO.... God almighty....
    lol, that post made my day.
    me-when-i-see-a-post-that-made-my-day_o_580515.gif

Edited by natewook on August 1, 2016 2:55PM
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Yes, because in the end, it's a LOT cheaper than re-rolling a new character, paying all the mount and inventory upgrades, and then there's the hours spend re-leveling a new character through quests that I've done many, many times. While I'm not happy about the pricing, I'll live with it because it gives me the chance to do things without having to endure the expense of re-rolling every time I want to try a new race, or decide my name doesn't fit how the character developed, etc.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I'm not stupid rich .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwt7Q-AMiY
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Yes, because in the end, it's a LOT cheaper than re-rolling a new character, paying all the mount and inventory upgrades, and then there's the hours spend re-leveling a new character through quests that I've done many, many times. While I'm not happy about the pricing, I'll live with it because it gives me the chance to do things without having to endure the expense of re-rolling every time I want to try a new race, or decide my name doesn't fit how the character developed, etc.

Uh.... so. With one tamerial I really think leveling will be quicker as each quest you get rewards leveled to you and with xp gain gear... not to mention you can start any faction you please. Just a thought
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.

Uh.... so. With one tamerial I really think leveling will be quicker as each quest you get rewards leveled to you and with xp gain gear... not to mention you can start any faction you please. Just a thought

That still doesn't cover the MONTHS it takes to level mount skills along with inventory upgrades... and repeating the same quests that I've already repeated 20-30 times. Leveling itself is quick, I can get to level 50 in a couple of days... but then what? I'm left with a character that has incomplete quests that, with OCD, I have to go back and complete otherwise I feel my character is not 'complete'. I'm not a completionist, but I have a problem with having a character at high levels that's never completed the faction quests. With name change, race change, appearance change... all of that is taken care of as I can simply switch a character that already has a high level of completion and not have to worry about all the other stuff- mount/inventory upgrades, repeating quests, etc.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That still doesn't cover the MONTHS it takes to level mount skills along with inventory upgrades... and repeating the same quests that I've already repeated 20-30 times. Leveling itself is quick, I can get to level 50 in a couple of days... but then what? I'm left with a character that has incomplete quests that, with OCD, I have to go back and complete otherwise I feel my character is not 'complete'. I'm not a completionist, but I have a problem with having a character at high levels that's never completed the faction quests. With name change, race change, appearance change... all of that is taken care of as I can simply switch a character that already has a high level of completion and not have to worry about all the other stuff- mount/inventory upgrades, repeating quests, etc.

Yeah that's cool. I get that I guess.. I know the mount upgrades are frustrating. Just a thought.
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know Archeage is a p2w game but, their company, and their pricing is miles and miles ahead than Zeni.

You could buy your Salon ticket with tokens, or in game gold from the auction house. Heck, you could even buy ur monthly subscription (what eso has as +) with in game tokens or a paysafe. Anything was so much better in every aspect. And I can't believe I'm saying this cus I was already disappointed in them cus of how p2w the game is.

No, i won't be giving 50 quid to change my character, I could buy the game again with this amount of money. I might check the premium hairstyles that are not out yet, or the eyelashes, but that's where it stops. Pricing is ridiculous.

EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• elisauco
    elisauco
    Soul Shriven
    No, explain.
    I spend huge amounts of time comming up with a right name and a unique look, never felt like changing anything in all of my 6 characters.

Don't quite understand with haircuts though, do I have to buy an apperiance token as well after I get a haircut itself?
    The blue plates are nice, but the brown ones seem to last longer.
  • MementoMori666
    MementoMori666
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Money, Money and MONEY ! Nothing else matter...

I was planning to change 2 characters, but 3000 tokens for race change, it's a very high cost.
    Capitalism forever...
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I'll be purchasing one bundle of "Name Change token & Race Change token" for the totally great price of 3500 crowns to update one character. I wanted to change the name and appearance of another few characters too but will not be doing this anymore. Your extraordinarily greedy. So unreal.

ZOS, these prices are absolutely disgusting. You're not even giving each account a few free tokens or anything. You want everyone to just throw the money of full-fledged DLCs around like it's nothing, but all it does is make everyone considering ESO (viewing from an outside perspective) think the game is utter trash and full of Developer greed. They are no longer wrong. Fix this pricing mess and give us some free tokens. Do something. It's ridiculous.

New players now get to witness horrific performance and outrageous prices for simple things like appearance change. You know how to correctly price DLC and content, so why is this so difficult. I could change the race of one character or purchase Orsinium..... see why it's stupid yet?

We get the best deals from the 5500 Crown pack for ESO costing $40. This translates pathetically into real prices for these tokens.

One Appearance Change Token: ~$18.18
    One Race Change Token: ~$21.82
    One Name Change Token: ~$7.27

What are they thinking? I can write pages on all the steps they've taken (in so many ways) to trick players or set us up so they can squeeze as much money as possible from us. Not from content, but rather dirty business tricks.

I wish ZOS was one of those companies that could rake in $$$ and have the players love them. If they didn't do such dirty things, I'd purposely Sub and buy crown packs to support them. These guys keep on earning a bit of my respect only to throw it away through pure greed.

Like I said before: The crafting bag started a very bad trend with ZOS. Costume Dyes came next, now the Barbershop was scrapped in favor of this Style Parlor. Forget about player housing friends.... it'll cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, no doubt.

Also notice how none of these Crown features have bugs? They thoroughly test them. This is why the rest of the game will not ever see its performance polished. They are focusing 100% of the Crown Store now.

Never felt like this against ZOS before, but the pattern is clear as day. They are driving away many existing players and at least 95% or more of new players. That's the sign of a game that tries as hard as possible to die. Atrocious performance on console, ever-expanding prices for the Crown Store, and so much more. Only genuine thing left at ZoS right now is a handful of cool developers. I don't even know what else to say but could rant for hours...... I'll end it by saying that something for Player Housing will cost 5K crowns. Called it.

And if someone at ZOS did read this.
    FIX. YOUR. PRICES.

I just want to make sure this perfect rant gets seen twice, because this is very spot on.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I'll be purchasing one bundle of "Name Change token & Race Change token" for the totally great price of 3500 crowns to update one character. I wanted to change the name and appearance of another few characters too but will not be doing this anymore. Your extraordinarily greedy. So unreal.

ZOS, these prices are absolutely disgusting. You're not even giving each account a few free tokens or anything. You want everyone to just throw the money of full-fledged DLCs around like it's nothing, but all it does is make everyone considering ESO (viewing from an outside perspective) think the game is utter trash and full of Developer greed. They are no longer wrong. Fix this pricing mess and give us some free tokens. Do something. It's ridiculous.

New players now get to witness horrific performance and outrageous prices for simple things like appearance change. You know how to correctly price DLC and content, so why is this so difficult. I could change the race of one character or purchase Orsinium..... see why it's stupid yet?

We get the best deals from the 5500 Crown pack for ESO costing $40. This translates pathetically into real prices for these tokens.

One Appearance Change Token: ~$18.18
    One Race Change Token: ~$21.82
    One Name Change Token: ~$7.27

What are they thinking? I can write pages on all the steps they've taken (in so many ways) to trick players or set us up so they can squeeze as much money as possible from us. Not from content, but rather dirty business tricks.

I wish ZOS was one of those companies that could rake in $$$ and have the players love them. If they didn't do such dirty things, I'd purposely Sub and buy crown packs to support them. These guys keep on earning a bit of my respect only to throw it away through pure greed.

Like I said before: The crafting bag started a very bad trend with ZOS. Costume Dyes came next, now the Barbershop was scrapped in favor of this Style Parlor. Forget about player housing friends.... it'll cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, no doubt.

Also notice how none of these Crown features have bugs? They thoroughly test them. This is why the rest of the game will not ever see its performance polished. They are focusing 100% of the Crown Store now.

Never felt like this against ZOS before, but the pattern is clear as day. They are driving away many existing players and at least 95% or more of new players. That's the sign of a game that tries as hard as possible to die. Atrocious performance on console, ever-expanding prices for the Crown Store, and so much more. Only genuine thing left at ZoS right now is a handful of cool developers. I don't even know what else to say but could rant for hours...... I'll end it by saying that something for Player Housing will cost 5K crowns. Called it.

And if someone at ZOS did read this.
    FIX. YOUR. PRICES.

I just want to make sure this perfect rant gets seen twice, because this is very spot on.

Technically it's not. Right now there is a Crown sale going on, so you could spend roughly 40% less than the marked price by buying Crowns while on sale. People that complain about the pricing are always those who never stock up during sales.
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Costs way to much. And personally, I don't think it's worth it for basic minimal changes. There's one, maybe two things I don't like on my main I'd like different. I was expecting the eyepatch to be visible with EVERY helmet/costume, but alas it's not. So the one colored eye and other solid white eye I have "bugs" me now. But I'll probably just bite the bullet and deal with it.

I was really hoping/expecting there would be a place added in a region (or somewhere in each faction) where you'd go and it would cost gold coins (in game currency). Or maybe give users a one time free use for each thing?
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • oddavi
    oddavi
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Bought the hair pack but i wont get any EXPENSIVE appearance change and i never planned to change any of my character race

They could at least have done it the swtor way ( the least amount of changes the lower the price )
    Edited by oddavi on August 3, 2016 2:43AM