The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade Health

SPE825
SPE825
✭✭✭
I run a lot of the Imperial City and Sewers, and I'm finding that my health is a bit to low. Right now, I'm at about 22K health and 29K stamina (with food and battlespirit). I don't find that I have much of a resource issue with stamina right now (CP 250). The odd thing is that I've pretty sure that my health was around 26K even a day ago. So first, I;m wondering if there's a bug where battle spirit maybe isn't getting applied? Not sure how else I lost around 5K health from one day to the next.

And at the same time, I know that my damage is directly correlated to the amount of stamina I have, but 22K health just isn't enough in my experience so far.

Just wondering what others think your target minimum health and stamina should be in PvP for a DPS stamblade. Also, what's the most efficient way for me to increase health (change attributes or glyphs)?

If it matters, I run 5 PC Hundings (4 are impen) and 5 PC Viper.
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    22k is fine. Unless youre a imperial youre not going to have much higher than that. Stamina is a little low in my taste but thats bc you dont run agilility. I have around 25k on my stam nb thats with imperial race and 5k food buff (I run health plus stam regen food)
    Edited by lappas on July 31, 2016 5:46PM
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    The reason your health was one number before and is another number now is because of the campaign. Depending on who's emperor (if it's your faction), if your faction has their home keeps, enemy keeps, and scrolls. All those will add to your health, sustain, and damage.
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    The reason your health was one number before and is another number now is because of the campaign. Depending on who's emperor (if it's your faction), if your faction has their home keeps, enemy keeps, and scrolls. All those will add to your health, sustain, and damage.

I thought as much. Couldn't recall what bonuses we had the other day, but I now remember that message coming up that someone from AD took emperorship from us in the middle of our sewer run, so that's probably what it was. So is 22K good enough? I suppose I can increase my survivability a bit when I get more CP maybe (half-way to the cap now until they up it in a couple of weeks).
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    @SPE825 22k health is fine. If you're having trouble with survivability you want to see what the reason is. Are you running out of stamina and can't do anything but sit there and die? Are you fine on stam but they're just hitting like a truck? Are you getting poisoned? the stamina nightblade has the highest amount of burst of any class. The goal of that is to kill enemies as fast as possible before they can get shields up or cc you down.
    Edited by Bakven on July 31, 2016 7:48PM
    EP NA Haderus

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty, most of my deaths in IC seem to come from the district bosses and hits that land for like 30K damage. That or the 501CP folks. So I guess I should just grind up that CP and git gud :)
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    LOL that's definitely a good idea. Let me also suggest knowing your class very well. That means passives you might not think of while in the middle of a fight. i.e.. drinking a potion gains you 20 ultimate, activating a shadow ability grants you physical and spell resistance, etc.. as well as learning strengths and weaknesses of other classes for when you come across them. If you ever play other classes you get a really good idea on how that class functions.

TL;DR it's a L2P issue, just practice (and die) and learn from your mistakes and just have fun with it
    EP NA Haderus

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK