Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Amberplasm - Special 5-piece Visual?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does Amberplasm display any sort of cool visual when you use 5-pieces of it? I am going to use this set and am hoping it has a really cool visual effect!

Likewise, what do the procs on the Aspect of Mazzatun, Gossamer, Heem-Jas' Retribution, Widowmaker, and Hand of Mephala sets look like?

Best Answers

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides looking like someone from Mass Effect or Halo.... no, no effect.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Answer ✓
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Does Amberplasm display any sort of cool visual when you use 5-pieces of it? I am going to use this set and am hoping it has a really cool visual effect!

Likewise, what do the procs on the Aspect of Mazzatun, Gossamer, Heem-Jas' Retribution, Widowmaker, and Hand of Mephala sets look like?
    Mazzatun - yellow glow upon proc, similiar to visual of healing from Bahraha Curse set or DK healing whip.
    Gossamer - same as Evasion from medium armor skill.
    Heem - intense dark-red glowing round your hands.
    Widowmaker - sorry, don't remember.
    Mephala - small web around you and 3 hoarvors(same like from Trapping Webs morph) running on it and explode later.
    Sadly Amberplasm dont have any visual, unlike new monster set that grant major armor buffs - purple lightning aura pulsing round you like every 6 seconds.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2016 8:12AM
    Answer ✓
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, your hanging *** might be *cough* a special effect. Set consists of some weird necklace and a miniskirt.

Otherwise no.

edit: Oh come on, this word is not even close to being obscene, ZOS!

Edited by Anhedonie on July 30, 2016 10:22PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane Haven't seen you in awhile :D
    You're going to farm it or stick to necropotence?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kasa-obake

We chatted just recently in game :D But do you remember gandalfiecoglione ? That AD Sorc who insulted you ?
    He kicked me on Facebook and in game because I chatted with you and Hexys.

And I'm not really interested in Amberplasm at this point. You know, I try to build as offensive as possible. Now since Necropotence comes with yewelry, I could go for amberplasm, or seducer or so for some sustain. But not sure yet.
    Edited by Dracane on July 30, 2016 11:17PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane Well, by my no-lifing standards, not seing a person in-game for a week or so makes it a long time.
    Yeah Gandalf *wipes an emotional tear*, dear Gandalf. He got quite mad at dying and resentful of my comments about him enjoying the feeling of lava whips on his skin.

Yeah, I know your playstyle xD Hell I started playing with pets too atm. Anything to cure the boredom that plagues me in this game. But amberplasm in combination with necropotence would be a wonderful idea out of the Imperial City, which is why I asked ^^
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Besides looking like someone from Mass Effect or Halo.... no, no effect.

@Dracane So like.... yay or nay? (slightly in denial because I wanted a cool effect....)
    Edited by Vaoh on July 30, 2016 11:53PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kasa-obake I would loose so much Magicka when I would go for 5 amperplasm. And I don't know, if I really have the patience to run these dungeons. I have no guild or friends who are capable and would help me doing them. I also need to run dragonstar arena a lot..... so much farming, but so liddle time and no friends :dizzy:

@Doncellius I don't like the looks of Amberplasm. But as we said, it has no visual effect. Amberplasm is no proc, it's always active.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright thanks everyone. Makes me kinda sad :(

Just a a pulse of orange lightning or something every ~6 seconds would've been really cool.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 31, 2016 1:57PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a a pulse of orange lightning or something every ~6 seconds would've been really cool.

But on the other hand, it's beneficial.
    So you can just put on a costume and nobody will know what you are wearing. If there was a visual effect to it, everyone would know you are a pve addict with infinite ressources
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you can just put on a costume and nobody will know what you are wearing. If there was a visual effect to it, everyone would know you are a pve addict with infinite ressources

My Flawless Conqueror (and eventually Master Angler!) title already tells everyone I'm a PvE addict....

Definitely true that it's beneficial to not have the special visual effect over none at all though.... but I'd still take a minor flashy effect over nothing so I can look really cool. And yeah my armor will absolutely get covered by a costume. :)

It's not like the set is very popular that many would know what they're seeing. A little sad but not a real issue. I guess no one will know what I'm using then. :|
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Flawless Conqueror (and eventually Master Angler!) title already tells everyone I'm a PvE addict....

Definitely true that it's beneficial to not have the special visual effect over none at all though.... but I'd still take a minor flashy effect over nothing so I can look really cool. And yeah my armor will absolutely get covered by a costume. :)

It's not like the set is very popular that many would know what they're seeing. A little sad but not a real issue. I guess no one will know what I'm using then. :|

Amberplasm is getting hyped very hard. Many will wear it. Some foolish tongues claim, it will be the revival of Magicka Sorcs.
    But then again, all Magicka classes can use it and will profit from it the same way. So I recommend ignoring these rumors.

I myself don't see why people get so crazy over this set. From a magical point of view, it's barely better than what we already have available when it comes to a compromise between damage and sustain.
    I guess it's because you ALSO get stamina regeneration.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Amberplasm is getting hyped very hard. Many will wear it. Some foolish tongues claim, it will be the revival of Magicka Sorcs.
    But then again, all Magicka classes can use it and will profit from it the same way. So I recommend ignoring these rumors.

I myself don't see why people get so crazy over this set. From a magical point of view, it's barely better than what we already have available when it comes to a compromise between damage and sustain.

Yeah... So its pretty much like having both the Atronach and the Serpent mundus stone with 7 gold Divines pieces. Does that help you picture the strength of this set? Maybe you need to be reminded that you can wear it with another 5 piece set (*cough* Julianos *cough*)? Still looks bad

I don't know about the whole revival of magicka sorcs thing, but I do know that for certain builds and playstyles this set will be a blessing. Magicka Nightblades will definetly benefit from this set. The endless cloaking, the healing ward and annulment, and now on top of that rolldodge to complement Double Take. Now 300 stam recovery is not huge. But with a Pot, Passives and maybe a blood spawn piece/recovery glyph it will add up.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah... So its pretty much like having both the Atronach and the Serpent mundus stone with 7 gold Divines pieces. Does that help you picture the strength of this set? Maybe you need to be reminded that you can wear it with another 5 piece set (*cough* Julianos *cough*)? Still looks bad

I don't know about the whole revival of magicka sorcs thing, but I do know that for certain builds and playstyles this set will be a blessing. Magicka Nightblades will definetly benefit from this set. The endless cloaking, the healing ward and annulment, and now on top of that rolldodge to complement Double Take. Now 300 stam recovery is not huge. But with a Pot, Passives and maybe a blood spawn piece/recovery glyph it will add up.

Yes yes.... I know it is a strong set and it will be, what seducer was so far.
    But I myself don't like it. I prefer more offense.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It simply caters to a different playstyle. Entirely depends on your build!

Knowing you are a Pet Sorc, Amberplasm would not be a good choice at all.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It simply caters to a different playstyle. Entirely depends on your build!

Knowing you are a Pet Sorc, Amberplasm would not be a good choice at all.

Because most people prefer sustain. But I think, max damage is important in pvp.
    I've seen videos of legendary mage 1vx (just an example)
    It takes him ages to kill something and the sustain isn't even thaaat great when the fight just takes forever.

What I'm trying to say is, that killing things faster can be more usefull than high sustain but endless fights.
    Because fast fights require less regen, longer fights require more regen. So who cares.

When you get completely outnumbered, high sustain might not help you either. Depends on what class you are I suppose.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the thing with Amberplasm is that you can go full damage.
    My theorycrafted build running Kagrenac's Hope, Amberplasm, 1 Molag Kena

With all the enchants I end up with around
    3.6k Spell damage (4 sorc abilities on the bar and surge)
    2.4k Magicka Recovery (with potion)
    1.3k Stamina Recovery (with potion)
    40,1k Max Magicka

These are extremely well balanced stats. You will hit very hard and you will have very good sustain.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the thing with Amberplasm is that you can go full damage.
    My theorycrafted build running Kagrenac's Hope, Amberplasm, 1 Molag Kena

With all the enchants I end up with around
    3.6k Spell damage (4 sorc abilities on the bar and surge)
    2.4k Magicka Recovery (with potion)
    1.3k Stamina Recovery (with potion)
    40,1k Max Magicka

These are extremely well balanced stats. You will hit very hard and you will have very good sustain.

The magicka value looks waaaay too low for my taste.
    The spell damage value is nice, recovery as well. Should be a good setup.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 Bloodspawn, 5 Tava and 5 Amberplasm. My MagDK says yes.

2 Engine Guardian, 5 Kagrenac and 5 Amberplasm. My Magplar says yes.

Bit of a shame there's no glow but it's not exactly a buff and like already said it's a blessing in disguise.
    PC EU