Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does it bother you to have mismatched or under leveled armor?

KimberlyannKitsuragi
Do you feel your armor has to all be the same style? Do you need to recreate or buy new armor every level up?
Edited by KimberlyannKitsuragi on July 31, 2016 2:27AM
Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything

Does it bother you to have mismatched or under leveled armor? 104 votes

Yes
51%
laurajfSunraBigBraggcwolfe702b14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeSvenjaixieValnThe_SpAwNKorprokAbeillekhele23eb17_ESOcruderscub18_ESOelias.stormneb18_ESOkkidd0hDagoth_RacArcanusMagusFrozenAnimalQUEZ420Dimentiza 54 votes
No
39%
TotalitarianKochDerDamonenDirtySmeegs33jedtb16_ESOcosmic_niklas_93b16_ESOguulSeriAlex_Lexahstin2001nub18_ESOWolfsheadLylithkamimarkWald1naphairdonWeidexxWreckinCrewxxFfastylLettigallKelcesListerJMC 41 votes
Style doesn't matter to me
8%
KallistaBlackheartkevlarto_ESOMojmirRylanaBlackEarstojekarcub18_ESOEasily_LostWhatzituyahFullBlownBeast 9 votes
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats where dye comes in.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It did. Then economics sunk in.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when armor doesn't match and it's too bad, I just use a costume XD
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Appearance is important to me - I just do not feel well, if it does not suit my personality.
    Edited by Lysette on July 31, 2016 2:41AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes because most of the crafted armor sets look better then any costume .
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I use both, armor and costumes - because I do not want to wear the same every day. But even when I am wearing a costume, the armor below it has to match.
    Edited by Lysette on July 31, 2016 2:47AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Style matters to me but the look I like usually comes from mixed styles. If I can't get the look I like, like right now, then I wear a costume. Underlevelled definitely matters in pvp though.
    PC | EU
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'm okay if I have different styles that make up my outfit, but if a single piece doesn't look good with the rest of the outfit then I will not stop until I find a better looking replacement, even if said replacement is a bit worse in terms of armor rating and whatnot. The people in my guild know me as the guy who can spend hours putting an outfit together and then having "emergency dye sessions" to make it all match.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    only thing that bugs me are the silly floppy flying flaps that hover on your butt/hips and serve no purpose except to fly next/behind you and flap and flop around.

Having a bunch of miss-matched gear can actually look pretty good.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Style matters to me, but I like to mix and match purposefully. I could spend hours doing this in Dark Souls, it's a bit more pricey here xP
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • e1team
    e1team
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It doesn't. You can always dye it in some cool way.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm shooting myself in the foot because I have a specific look I want my characters to have, and that basically means ignoring all the Monster sets, special armor sets, ect.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That's what costumes or disguises are for.

Though back in the day it was something of a shock to see just what your character is actually wearing underneath said costume when on the character screen...
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am one of those weird folks that goes to great lengths to use as much crafted style and good looking appearance set pieces as i can... then i dye it up all proper and so on

and then use the goblin costume on every character anyway so all that work is irrelevant.

whablablablabla
    Edited by Rylana on July 31, 2016 7:19AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont care about looks or dyes.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm, that's two unrelated questions. No answer.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I love making interesting appearance combinations by mixing different armor styles so no, mismatched armor doesn't bother me. I do wish the dyes weren't so varied between different styles though, that does annoy me.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I like some mis-matched armour. It helps to neutralise the appearance of my characters, makes them look less formal, less regimental. I often wear items that are several levels behind where I am, mainly because I dislike many of the styles from higher levels and because I get too attached to the more simple, subtle appearance of some of the lower level kit.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t shirt and jeans,everywhere
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well, I sometimes have lower level gear, when it comes to set pieces and I have not found a replacement for them at my level. otherwise I craft my armor newly as soon as I can craft a better set, but I might mix with different helms - I go normally for a 5/1/1 approach to level as well those armor types, which are not my favorite (helm and belt are normally of a different armor kind) - so it is kind of a mix and match, but I nevertheless care for that it does optically match - I do not see that as a mismatch.
    Edited by Lysette on July 31, 2016 8:45AM
  • logosloki
    logosloki
    ✭✭✭
    No
    That is what costumes and polymorphs are for. I didn't really mind about underleveled until I started out in Cyrodiil as a little CP 30, then I realised I might need to up my gear to at least CP30.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    i play only first person so i don't see it anyway
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, it was at level 45 before I thought 'hmm better upgrade that level 22 hat now' :)

The game is too easy in PVE to need to have the exact level armour. We need to try and add extra difficulty where we can
    Edited by Garldeen on July 31, 2016 11:01AM
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Well you can other buy from armor vendor if lvl alt which gave you same style of armor or if you have high lvl with max carft you can craft every 10 lvl i think is and make blue and it will hold to for next 10 lvl easy way to same money on alt
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Haha yees, well underleveled no... but mismatched, totally :joy:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This is why my Redguard Templar alt wears the Bleakrock bandit disguise 90% of the time. The Khajiit helm he's wearing now... :s

My main wears mismatched motifs, but that was on purpose (Breton robes so no ugly hip flaps, Primal shoes and gloves, Ancient Elf shoulders so THAT isn't sticking out everywhere...going for the sleek, worn-away-by-the-sands-of-Craglorn look) with an eye to making the outfit as a whole look nice.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    When I'm levelling an alt, I just wear whatever I find. Usually at levels 16 and 36 (new materials and content ramps up harder) my main'll craft a set for them, but then it gets replaced with better scraps. I'll try to use a consistent dye set for each character, but if it looks bad, throw on a costume.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm in love with my costumes. I don't care much about styles. I mean - who needs gear-styles when you can look like this:

bCtxqR6.png
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underleveled: no, I craft/farm my gear at max possible level and quality.
    Mismatched: depends on what you mean by this. I never wear all armor parts of the same style, but style matters for me and I usually combine crafted and dropped sets. A combination of different motifs doesnt have to look mismatched. ;)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU