The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My friend crashes when I message spam

Saturn
Saturn
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a friend, @Zazariz who crashes whenever I "message spam". Instead of me getting kicked he gets kicked. He is the only person I know this happens to, but it happens every time I reach the "message spam limit" and he is in the group. This may just be a wild theory, but this bug might be the same reason why some people at times randomly experience "message limit spam" kick without doing anything.

Here's a video of it happening. I am using the map pinpoint (ctrl+lmb) to reach the message limit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6M5nsCoj8I

Update: It seems it isn't related to message spam at all, but rather the map pins.
Edited by Saturn on August 6, 2016 6:30PM
"Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You realize you've doomed your friend.. Right?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damn it and I was all ready with the "message limit reached has nothing to do with sending people whispers" comment.

One question, have you tried doing this to him while he has absolutely zero addons turned on? And are the results the same?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Message spam kick = 99% chance addons fault.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize you've doomed your friend.. Right?

It's okay, I enjoy watching him suffer. It's a twisted friendship ;p

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Damn it and I was all ready with the "message limit reached has nothing to do with sending people whispers" comment.

One question, have you tried doing this to him while he has absolutely zero addons turned on? And are the results the same?

I haven't yet, but I will definitely test it and update the thread.

Fire and Ice