Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

holy crap prices for racial/name/apperance change

• Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow with the pricing I REALLY feel ripped off when they double dip people who have race appropriate names and have to buy both a race change and name change.

I guess my argonian character is just a dead mule/crafter till they make other changes or lower the price to be reasonable or realize what asses they are double dipping their customers in the first place.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Crown Packs

• 750 Crowns = $7.99 USD
    • 1500 Crowns = $14.99 USD
    • 3000 Crowns = $24.99 USD
    • 5500 Crowns = $39.99 USD

Real Prices
    Imperial City = $18.18 USD - $26.67 USD
    Orsinium = $21.82 USD - $32 USD
    Thieves Guild = $14.55 USD - $21.33 USD
    Dark Brotherhood = $14.55 USD - $21.33 USD
    Shadows of the Hist = $10.91 USD - $16 USD

&

Appearance Change Token = $7.27 USD - $10.67 USD
    Race Change Token = $21.82 USD - $32 USD
    Name Change Token = $18.18 USD - $26.67 USD

This is despicable. Such greedy Devs it makes me sick what'll come of ESO now.

In comparison. An appearance change in GW2 costs about $4.40, and a name change costs $10 (or you can buy the gems with in game gold, it'll be 228 gold for enough to do a name change but that's not that bad). You can also buy an identity change (combining an appearance change and name change for a discount. There is no race change unfortunately but since race impacts your personal story questline it was a bit harder to implement) for about $12.50, so you save a little on the bundle.

Here it basically costs you $40 for a race change + name change.

That's absurd.
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've found out why it is so expensive: everyone who is changing name/race is paying a penalty fee for using immersion breaking feature ;]

They should offer a lower price, a discount if you want to change a name, race of a character which was created for example before removal of softcsps, introducing champion system.
    Edited by Reremnu on July 29, 2016 3:03PM
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the prices of many of the recent crown store items is just... high. I used to buy nearly every costume, now I can't afford to buy any that I don't absolutely LOVE. Costumes used to be 300-500 with bundles for 1K. The prices of the new convenience items, the bank and the merchant, seem insane when converted to $. I want to support this game and improving it, but not for that price! The cost of the race change, given how many times they've changed the passives, is kind of an insult :( I want to be able to heal with my Bosmer, I know it's not the best race for it, but I hate feeling like you have to be one certain race to do a certain type of character, and the price they're charging makes that even worse. I may as well convert my bosmer to a stamplar with a respec and reroll a new argonian healer since I'm certainly not paying for the race and name changes.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $10 says they'll "rebalance" races again next patch... After we have all paid for a race change.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to be basing the prices on the "free" crowns that subscribers get every month. Because those accumulate and subscribers end up having a glut of crowns available pretty often if there's nothing they want to spend crowns on. But if they actually took a step back and analyzed how much it'd cost someone to just buy that amount of crowns they'd realize their prices are absolutely madness, like, costing more than buying a new copy of the game madness in some cases.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels it's way to expensive.
    As a plus member I have crowns stacked, and there for can spend them as I please. But even costumes that cost to much alltough I have the crowns is not something I will do.
    I have to think hard on this race change...
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels it's way to expensive.
    As a plus member I have crowns stacked, and there for can spend them as I please. But even costumes that cost to much alltough I have the crowns is not something I will do.
    I have to think hard on this race change...

Yeah, agreed. Plus member here as well, but the prices still are absurd. Pretty low chances that they would listen to the feedback and respond from players here, though. Probably the reason they wait so long to reveal the prices. Close to the release, less time for a big backlash.
    Joskus menee perkeleen huonosti, mutta minä en anna periksi!
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm scared of what the new hairstyles and adornments will cost... and here I was hoping to buy the dlcs and new hair/body markings, but I really don't think that's going to happen. Rather spend it on a new game like No Man's Sky. :O Maybe that's there strategy leave you flat broke so you can't buy another game!
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I have to post it also here :smiley:

ZOS...

a7fc014bf8488b37d60ed7dc6c76acbff5d3fb7491ff3cbd302a4a9a4743ef14.jpg

The best thing ever so far... much appreciated to all team for fair pricing
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the worst thing is that ZOS doesn't even give any indication that they're listening to our feedback, even though I think this high of prices will drive people away from doing it. People will opt to reroll over buying these tokens.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    if it was not my main char with all my achievements, etc. then perhaps I would.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    I think the worst thing is that ZOS doesn't even give any indication that they're listening to our feedback, even though I think this high of prices will drive people away from doing it. People will opt to reroll over buying these tokens.

They never really have.

Most of the stuff added were stuff they had planned to do from the beginning, so its not due to player feedback or suggestions, its just stuff they were going to do anyway. They just get the added benefit of claiming to listen to players if their plans for the game happen to coincidentally occasionally coincide with what players want.

Here and there, but like.. how long have some bugs existed? Or how long have people complained about the mechanics of werewolf vs vampire which makes werewolf neigh useless in PvP or really anything else due to you only being able to use your abilities if you transform and that transform being incredibly short? You know what they did? They added "Pack Leader", which originally gave players a little more time in the transformation.. then when Dark Brotherhood released they removed that and gave two worthless DPS pets that spawn for Pack Leader instead of the +time buff. So they literally went backwards from what players were asking for.

Players have been asking for werewolf to be made into a toggle like Sorcerers have with Overload, but do they listen? No.

That is just one example, there are many more throughout the years. Will they listen to players here? No.

Definitely not with release day for the NA servers less than a day away.
    Edited by Kuningatar on July 31, 2016 8:52PM
  • Maztiax
    Maztiax
    ✭✭✭
    Despite all the QQing and moaning over this, both you and Zenimax knows they're going to make a fffffffton of money from this... and they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, at least now I think that my chars are totally fine, have nice racials, names and hairstyles.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    Maztiax wrote: »
    Despite all the QQing and moaning over this, both you and Zenimax knows they're going to make a fffffffton of money from this... and they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Precisely the reason so many companies do things like this. They know they can get away with it.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    if it was not my main char with all my achievements, etc. then perhaps I would.

Well for myself I'm just retiring the character that I was consider changing instead. They can still craft I guess.
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    The appearance and race change seem fine. The name change should be more in line with appearance change tbh.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appearance change should be in game gold, period. They are very expensive.
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    Simple solution:
    Don't buy it if you think it's too expensive.
    Buy it if you think it's worth it to you.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lepemetus wrote: »
    Simple solution:
    Don't buy it if you think it's too expensive.
    Buy it if you think it's worth it to you.

Exactly, what I've done. It's still disappointing not to be using a long-desired feature.

Part of the issue for me is that all appearance changes are treated the same (except for hairstyles). Buying a token to completely redesign a character is one thing. Buying a token to move a single slider a notch is quite a different matter. For instance, I have a character I think might look better with her hair a shade darker. I'd be happy to pay a barber in-game gold to see whether such a change actually improved her appearance. Spend a thousand crowns to conduct the experiment? Get serious!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Appearance change should be in game gold, period. They are very expensive.

And so was the developer time that it took to make it possible for us to change character appearance... ZOS doesn't work for free, and in game gold doesn't pay to keep the lights on and employees paid. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's how the world works, especially MMOs that require an on-going source of revenue to keep the game going.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the fuss is, yeah, these are some pretty expensive conveniences; they are saving you an assload of time.

Be happy that you don't have to remake your character, which was our only option before. And remember, remaking a character is still an option. I repeat, you don't HAVE to buy these conveniences. You have a choice, you don't have to buy these; ZOS is not twisting your arm. They haven't taken anything from you, they've only provided you with new options. Be thankful! and most of all, be respectful!
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    To me it seems that the only way to justify the price of a race change is if said character has already done the time-consuming grind(s) or not. Things like Undaunted, Mages & Fighters Guild, Alliance War skills, etc. For a character who not done these (or has only just begun, say in the first few ranks) the race change would be worth its price. For any character who does not have these already - do yourself a favor and reroll. The time it takes to get to level 50 is only a day or two tops when you're really going ham on the grind, and with CP being account-wide, the opportunity cost of a day is far less than 3000 crowns (equivalent to two months of sub time).

It's far easier to justify if you sub to the game, and just have the crowns sitting around collecting dust. If there's nothing else you want/need in the store and you sub, then why not?

Yeah, race change seems like it shouldn't be very common because it would only be on characters who need to be optimized and people interested in that likely didn't mess up the race on many alts. And if you mess up the race on characters without major time investments like undaunted, like I did on some crafting alts, you can just delete the character and create a new one with a better race choice.

In general, I am pro cheap race change because of all the annoying racial passive changes year to year. I would be fine with people doing race changes weekly if they want to try something new.

I don't care about name change as that is 100% cosmetic.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its more about if someone is lazy to a point that he doesn't want to level a new character and feels bad with the one he plays now... for it to be full they need add the class change.
    Edited by Akrasjel on August 13, 2016 7:53PM
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,