The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Trading Guilds

Crispyxxx33
Hi there! I am new to the game, just playing for 1 week already, and i have just noticed there are many guilds focused just on TRADING... Could anyone please explain me what is this about? So far on the game i just went through quests and group dungeons, but havent socialized enough to understand what Trading Guilds are about.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlike most MMORPGs, ESO does not have an auction house system (or a central location for buying and selling). Instead, it's broken up into a couple of dozen kiosks scattered across all the regions of the map. Some are in higher traffic areas, making them more desirable locations. Higher traffic means that more people are likely to visit that kiosk and buy from it. To get a kiosk, you'll need to be in a guild with at least 50 members and bid blind on a spot weekly using gold. The more desirable areas can cost guilds up to 4-7mil gold per week! In order to generate that kind of revenue, guilds usually have to require a guild membership fee and run a variety of fundraisers, usually in the form of 50/50 raffles (half of proceedings go to winner and half to the guild).

When starting out, you might want to look for a free guild trader guild. They typically have less than ideal locations, but you'll likely not have very many things to sell at the beginning, making for a good fit.
  • Crispyxxx33
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Unlike most MMORPGs, ESO does not have an auction house system (or a central location for buying and selling). Instead, it's broken up into a couple of dozen kiosks scattered across all the regions of the map. Some are in higher traffic areas, making them more desirable locations. Higher traffic means that more people are likely to visit that kiosk and buy from it. To get a kiosk, you'll need to be in a guild with at least 50 members and bid blind on a spot weekly using gold. The more desirable areas can cost guilds up to 4-7mil gold per week! In order to generate that kind of revenue, guilds usually have to require a guild membership fee and run a variety of fundraisers, usually in the form of 50/50 raffles (half of proceedings go to winner and half to the guild).

When starting out, you might want to look for a free guild trader guild. They typically have less than ideal locations, but you'll likely not have very many things to sell at the beginning, making for a good fit.

Thank you very much for the information provided ! I get the idea... now i will have to get into it to understand better how it works!