Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Costume Comeback ?

Silverado
Silverado
✭✭✭
What are some costumes you would love to see come back for sale in the crown store? Also, what are some of your favorite costumes you already own? I personally would die to have the chef costume come back. Out of alI the costumes I do have, I bought the priest of the green costume on day of release and would have to say it's one of my favs. I love it to bits. I also love the black hand robe and the treasure hunter costumes too. Oh and also the nedic costumes are bad a**.
Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
Wood Elf 310 CP
Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmith.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • infernomorgothb14_ESO
    Did they ever give a reason for removing any costumes? You'd think they'd want to build a solid library of stuff for people to buy. I don't recall Star Trek Online ever removing anything from their store at any point in time...then again I haven't played STO in two years so who knows by now.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they ever give a reason for removing any costumes? You'd think they'd want to build a solid library of stuff for people to buy. I don't recall Star Trek Online ever removing anything from their store at any point in time...then again I haven't played STO in two years so who knows by now.

'To make space'.

It's simply creating false scarcity: a lot of people will feel enticed to buy stuff when things are limited time only or are going to be removed in X amount of days. Especially for some of the older inventory, where sales might have gone stale, saying they will be removed in a week might spice up sales for that period.

Keeping this cycle going is arguably netting them more revenue than just continually expanding their stock.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage's Guild pack would be nice as I missed that one.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a good idea for ZOS to start bringing back some of the old costumes now that costume dyes are available, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who passed on a few costumes simply because I didn't care for the color scheme.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not really a costume, but I'd really like the Mindshriven skin.

Also would like the high collared whatever back. It'll look nice when dyed, I think.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite previously thinking that I hadn't missed anything of note, that blacksmith costume would be perfect (but I presume it was available prior to the console launch?)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Despite previously thinking that I hadn't missed anything of note, that blacksmith costume would be perfect (but I presume it was available prior to the console launch?)

Yeah it was removed before we on the PS4 got a chance at it. I feel really bad though for our XBox cousins, they missed a hell of a lot.
    Edited by Eirikir on July 29, 2016 8:54PM
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer