Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Menu screenshots

Buffout
Buffout
Hello everyone!

I have a problem with taking screenshots from character selection screen. I just cant do that. Using print screen button and copying in paint ends up with a picture of black screen. Gyazo doesnt capture screen, in-game shortcut for taking screenshot dont work as well. In game everything is fine, i can take screenshots either by print screen button and copying in paint or just using screenshot shortcut. But the character selection is just denied.
Please, help

Thanks in advance,
Buffout
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately the only way to do it that I know of is to record the screen and then get a snapshot from the video.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Unfortunately the only way to do it that I know of is to record the screen and then get a snapshot from the video.

Howl! :). Tbh easier way is to pick a screenshot by Fraps.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afterburner_1080Logo.png
    I use MSI-Afterburner to video capture game play, but it also allows hot key screen capture, including the Character Selection screens. Customize video format (AVI, MKV), and image format (PNG, JPG, BMP), plus many more features including overclocking.

The x86/x64 application is free from Micro-Systems Inc. (the motherboard manufacturer) for anyone. Complete program details and download link: https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

(Sorry for the duplicated post)
    Edited by Auldjohn on August 1, 2016 11:06PM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buffout wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I have a problem with taking screenshots from character selection screen. I just cant do that. Using print screen button and copying in paint ends up with a picture of black screen. Gyazo doesnt capture screen, in-game shortcut for taking screenshot dont work as well. In game everything is fine, i can take screenshots either by print screen button and copying in paint or just using screenshot shortcut. But the character selection is just denied.
    Please, help

Thanks in advance,
    Buffout

Afterburner_1080Logo.png
    I use MSI-Afterburner to video capture game play, but it also allows hot key screen capture, including the Character Selection screens. Customize video format (AVI, MKV), and image format (PNG, JPG, BMP), plus many more features including overclocking.

The x86/x64 application is free from Micro-Systems Inc. (the motherboard manufacturer) for anyone. Complete program details and download link: https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs