Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the Breton Hero Costume be reworked and patched?

ThatKidd_Anthony
Most who have bought this costume have voiced their opinions on the forums, what course of action should take place?
Edited by ThatKidd_Anthony on July 29, 2016 4:22AM

Should the Breton Hero Costume be reworked and patched? 95 votes

Yes, not worth the 2,000 Crowns!
86%
fastolfv_ESOMoloch1514XexpoOakmontowls_ESOMojmirKochDerDamonenNewBlacksmurfOsteosValnItsGlaiveAlienSlofnikolaj.lemcheb16_ESOSnowstriderBrittany_JoyFunctionNifty2gBlueVioletDerNachtfalterdean_64ukcub18_ESOsdtlc 82 votes
No, it's fine exactly how it is!
13%
ItsMeTooShadowolfskongkimThevampirenightvonScuzzmanNeirymnnotimetocareBalibeKammakaziMaxTMDuiwelthisisScoManEshja 13 votes
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ThatKidd_Anthony
    Kammakazi wrote: »

Did you buy the costume?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixed costume-5k crowns lol
  • ThatKidd_Anthony
    I just find it ridiculous how much time and effort they put into hyping up the three cinematic Heroes of the game, to turn around and release such a poor quality costume IN the game. They marketed the hell out of these three heroes, selling merchandise and figurines, etc..

When it came down to living up to the YEARS of build up, they completely let me down.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something should be done . Either remove the raincoat and make a different version or figure out a work around for animating it into a cape instead of a slicker .
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the rain coat. I like that it has a coat!
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ThatKidd_Anthony

I agree, I like the idea of a cloak just think it was very poorly executed and should be redone.
    Maybe something along the lines of the Toxin Doctors cloak or maybe if that's too much to ask for they can just switch it to a half body (stops at mid back or waist) tattered "cape"
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you prefer the Breton Crossing Guard to the Breton Hero ? I did not see that coming ..
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they rework it, they'd have to reoffer it. Which presents its own issues.

They need better previews. They put a six second video on the ESO Facebook page on July 21st. Six seconds of standing around. What the *** kind of marketing is that?

Marketing that doesn't have confidence in the product it's showing, that's what.

Don't release things until they're ready. And no more static picture crown showcase. Nobody cares about the flavor text. It's not that great anyway. Show off finished products in action.
    signing off
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been wanting walking previews for a while. That's for costumes and mounts.

I think this one should be patched for the low res textures and maybe they can do something about the cloth physics. Agree with something someone else said, these are the heroes of the game, their costumes need to be topnotch. No compromises.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay 2k for a costume anyways. I d rather buy a DLC for that much
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh for sure. Seriously Zeni your team can do so much better than this and you know it.
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should it? Yes. Will it? Nope.

They've got your money now so no incentive. That's the problem with time limited deals. By the time most people realise how bad it is it is off sale, meaning complains after have no impact on future sales. If it wasn't a time limited costume and people were put off from buying it, I bet we would see a fix. The game is increasingly being run by accountants rather than game developers.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option "other" is missing :P
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they need to do anything it's just fix the gap from the hood...

Apart from that guys just live with it, those of us who have the Nord costume learned to live with it and as a matter of fact I wear it on one of my chars now ( it will grow on you ).

Might not be what you wanted but we're a simple specie we learn to appreciate these things later...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • ThatKidd_Anthony
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Might not be what you wanted but we're a simple specie we learn to appreciate these things later...

Im just hoping that after enough people raise this issue up they'll do the right thing and fix it. Serve their fan base, the ones who've supported them on their whole game development journey. I don't think that we're asking for too much or that we're entitled.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a preview in game. You still bought it, obviously you liked it.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually, no. They need to make a coat mesh instead of painting coat textures on a robe model. If not for this armor then for future ones. Or... abandon the coat/cloak design completely.

P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly just get a refund
    Seriously, if you don't like the quality, get your money back
    If it's not working, get your money back
    If you feel it sucks, get your money back

Feedback is not acted upon very much in this category so save yourself the frustration as many have done
    this week.

For those suggesting to use the preview first....the preview does nothing as you can't move the camera, you can't move your character and cannot mount. It's not an adequate preview it's only at best a teaser view.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 29, 2016 8:56AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im just hoping that after enough people raise this issue up they'll do the right thing and fix it. Serve their fan base, the ones who've supported them on their whole game development journey. I don't think that we're asking for too much or that we're entitled.

That would be nice...

Actually, no. They need to make a coat mesh instead of painting coat textures on a robe model. If not for this armor then for future ones. Or... abandon the coat/cloak design completely.

Actually you can be glad you got that at least, again I will refer to the Nord costume, look at the cinematic or the wallpapers about the Nord hero and look at the in game. We didn't even get a cape / cloak/ coat or a painted robe mesh. Perhaps be grateful you at least got something. Picture the Breton hero with no coat like the Nord costume and you will get why I am saying while you might not like it at all, it's better than no coat at all...

I only bought the Doom wolf because this costume wasn't appealing to me whatsoever... It even made my chars look fat.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see it reworked, simply because I think it could have been so much more. Having it as the favourite for many people, and it being left until last, I myself was admittedly expecting it to be something with a real "wow" factor.

I thought the Elven Hero armour was quite nicely done ( despite its painted on straps instead of meshed straps ) even though a lot of people didn't buy it. Having seen how nice it looked I was sure that the Breton one would be twice as good.

When I previewed the Breton costume the other day, I nearly fell out of my chair. It looks like some ugly raincoat that a flasher would wear, trimmed with some fake gold piping. I couldn't believe it, and was SO disappointed to see it. It had been the costume I'd been waiting for since they began releasing them and it looked cheap and nasty. Needless to say, I didn't buy it but I still feel it should be reworked. The preview was enough to show how truly awful it looks :disappointed:

I'd like to see it reworked into something spectacular.

Edit - I can understand why there would be no flowing cape, as remarked on by ZoS ages ago in regards to queries about cloaks. I would have been fine if there was NO cloak rather than having it stitched to the characters legs when they walk. My distaste is all about the plastic looking textures and lack of layering on the shoulders, and having everything look as if its painted on. They certainly haven't done that remarkable costume any justice at all within the game.

Edited by BlueViolet on July 29, 2016 9:12AM
    EU / NA / PC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, compared to the video "Tree Fates trailer" he looks not as good as in the video
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because if they'll do it prettier I buy it and I spent too much money for this recently ^^"
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Breton costume has been designed for those that play in first person ;)
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

Watch out guys. Kamikazi's at it again with the whole 'Let's not bother questioning people getting ripped off'
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'