Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When we change our Race, let us pick any race outside our faction including Imperials... PLEASE ZOS

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a semi related note, what the hell is up with the adventurer pack info on the web page?

Play in the Alliance of your choice, no matter the race!

Ok i am with you so far... Next?

Find buried treasure, and more!

Umm what? There is no burried treasure in that pack, or more? All it does is as it says, play in the alliance of your choice no matter the race. Nothing else.

Did someone in marketing say, well crap that is only one sentence. No one will pay 1900 crowns for one sentence. Put some other stupid crap there!

Don't you get a few bags with treasure maps in them with that?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a semi related note, what the hell is up with the adventurer pack info on the web page?

Umm what? There is no burried treasure in that pack, or more? All it does is as it says, play in the alliance of your choice no matter the race. Nothing else.

Did someone in marketing say, well crap that is only one sentence. No one will pay 1900 crowns for one sentence. Put some other stupid crap there!

Yeah, the Adventurer's pack gives you ARAA, one special treasure map per original zone (well, two for Khenarthi's Roost but that's because EP and DC have two tiny zones), the bantam guar and.. maybe another thing?
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 27, 2016 8:17PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

"any race, any alliance" was free as long as you preordered on console. The Imperial race is only available with the "Imperial Edition". Both of which can be purchased in crown store now for minimal cost. Why would they tell one group of people they had to pay for something and then turn around and just give it away to another group? They will (and should) keep it as an extra feature available for extra cost.

They're kind of already doing this with the new release they got planned which comes with all the DLC for the same $60.00 price tag. I'm not grumpy about it, but you can't deny that folks who paid retail at release and then bought the DLC over time paid significantly more than the folks who will buy the game plus DLC for $60.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on July 27, 2016 6:15PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the Explorer's pack gives you ARAA, one special treasure map per original zone (well, two for Khenarthi's Roost but that's because EP and DC have two tiny zones), the bantam guar and.. maybe another thing?

Awesome I stand corrected! I forgot all about those!
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

"any race, any alliance" was free as long as you preordered on console. The Imperial race is only available with the "Imperial Edition". Both of which can be purchased in crown store now for minimal cost. Why would they tell one group of people they had to pay for something and then turn around and just give it away to another group? They will (and should) keep it as an extra feature available for extra cost.

They're kind of already doing this with the new release they got planned which comes with all the DLC for the same $60.00 price tag. I'm not grumpy about it, but you can't deny that folks who paid retail at release and then bought the DLC over time paid significantly more than the folks who will buy the game plus DLC for $60.

Yeah, that's fine since it's par for the course with games nowadays. Game comes out, either buy the season pass (ESO+ I guess in this case) or buy the DLCs individually, pick it up a year later as the GOTY/Ultimate edition with all the DLC included.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sure, you can have what I paid for free
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Trublz wrote: »
    No. I didn't buy any race any alliance so it could be freely given out to others

Isn't free. OP made that clear.

Wrongo.

OP made it clear he believes that. OP is also factually incorrect.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys feel equally cheated when the game, goes on sale or goes down in price?
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont have any race any alliance there really isnt even a point of race changing lmao if youre after min/maxing that is

I personally paid for any race and alliance so I would be against giving it out freely too.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I bought the Imperial Edition and the Any Race, Any Alliance so that I could start any new character I wanted in any alliance I wanted.

If you want to pay 3k Crowns per race change to switch your character to a race that doesn't belong in that alliance, what do I care? It would cost you about $90 to have the characters I got for $30. I still got the better deal.

This. I already got my "Explorer's Pack" for free, since I got the account-wide version from pre-ordering the game. Sorry for all you people that had to buy the server-specific version in the crown store for extra money! :)

Besides, there's a huge difference between letting a player (who doesn't have the Explorer's Pack) change a single character to a non-native race when using a race chance token, and unlocking the entire Explorer's Pack upgrade for them when they purchase a token, which would allow them to create as many new characters as non-native races as they want. While I could understand people complaining about the latter, there's absolutely no reason not to allow the former.

As for changing to an Imperial character, I think you could still use the same logic. The token will let you change one character to Imperial, but not give you the ability to create unlimited new Imperial characters (as the Imp upgrade would).

In short, letting the tokens allow changes to races that wouldn't otherwise be available is ok, because they are one use only. Buying the upgrades (Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack) unlocks it permanently, for as many new characters as you want, so those upgrades would still retain additional value over the race change tokens.
    But ZOS won't do it anyway, because they don't want to miss out on that $30 on top of the rest. That's why they won't sell alliance changes, either, because then how would they sell the Explorer's Pack?

Same as above, but just for the record, I would gladly let everyone have the Explorer's Pack for free if it meant I could do alliance changes.

{edited because I called the Explorer's Pack the "Adventurer's Pack" throughout the post.}
    Edited by Divinius on July 27, 2016 6:59PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like to swap to a race choice outside of your alliance it's very easy to left click the "Any Race Any Alliance" unlock on the Crown Store Page.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: People saying "I paid for all races and I don't want you having it for free", It's not free the race change costs MORE than the dlc does.

And if one of us were to decide to change a character to Imperial... then we'd have paid for both Imperial Edition -and- the Race change. We're still getting the short end of the stick.
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    No. I didn't buy any race any alliance so it could be freely given out to others

People paid for any race any alliance. People payed for Imperial Upgrade. Letting you bypass those requirements would indeed be getting those races for "free" as someone who already bought them who buys a race change paid more than you did. It's not that hard to grasp.

Okay so throw Imperial race out the picture, why limit the faction races when you use a RACE CHANGE. It should be universal, especially since it costs 2x as much as the imperial edition which gives u cross faction races

Master Debater
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongo.

Wanna elaborate? The content pricing should include cross faction races for just that one payment of race change.

I'm factually correct when I say it would not be "free", the change race is twice the price as the dlc for cross faction races, so it's quite justifiable and reasonable to make the sound argument that we should have cross faction races included onto this race change content.
    Edited by Smasherx74 on July 27, 2016 7:27PM
    Master Debater
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix.

If you want to race change to a race that you don't have (because you don't own the explorer pack), just tack on an extra 2,000 crowns to the price.

So your race change now costs 5,000.

Everyone's happy!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    AfkNinja wrote: »

I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    Easy fix.

If you want to race change to a race that you don't have (because you don't own the explorer pack), just tack on an extra 2,000 crowns to the price.

So your race change now costs 5,000.

Everyone's happy!

Hope that was satire lol.

5,000 crowns just for ONE race change.
    Master Debater
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    To clarify what appears to be a common misconception once and for all, at least in this discussion:

Purchasing the Imperial Edition (or Imperial Upgrade) earns you the ability to create an Imperial character. It never allowed players to play any race in any alliance. The Imperial character can be in any alliance, however.

In order to play any race in any alliance, players would have had to have either:
    The Explorer's Pack which was available on pre-ordered versions of ESO
    The Adventurer's Pack which is available in the Crown Store; it's identical to the Explorer's Pack except for the pet.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    To clarify what appears to be a common misconception once and for all, at least in this discussion:

Purchasing the Imperial Edition (or Imperial Upgrade) earns you the ability to create an Imperial character. It never allowed players to play any race in any alliance. The Imperial character can be in any alliance, however.

In order to play any race in any alliance, players would have had to have either:
    The Adventurer's Pack which is available in the Crown Store; it's identical to the Explorer's Pack except for the pet.

EVEN MORE REASON to make Race changes give the ability for cross faction races. You're paying 3000 crowns for a single race change, the least you can do is give us the ability to change to any race besides imperial then.

Master Debater
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EVEN MORE REASON to make Race changes give the ability for cross faction races. You're paying 3000 crowns for a single race change, the least you can do is give us the ability to change to any race besides imperial then.

You are asking them to sell you two different products for the price of one, they said no. Thread over.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongo.

Wanna elaborate? The content pricing should include cross faction races for just that one payment of race change.

I'm factually correct when I say it would not be "free", the change race is twice the price as the dlc for cross faction races, so it's quite justifiable and reasonable to make the sound argument that we should have cross faction races included onto this race change content.

I don't need to elaborate. I already made my case before DaveMoeDee made his post, a post that ignored that you'd already been completely debunked.

But I'll restate the case, since ignoring proof of our incorrectness seems to be a growing movement in today's world: If Person X paid for "Any Race, Any Alliance" and Person Y did not and race change costs the same for both players, and if Player Y gets to use "Any Race, Any Alliance," then Player Y is getting what Player X purchased for free. That's not opinion. That's math.

That doesn't mean it isn't well within ZOS' rights to give it to Player Y for free. That doesn't mean the cost of Race Change isn't high enough to include "Any Race, Any Alliance" in the package. That doesn't mean it's not perfectly fair to give it to Y for free.

All it means is that if X and Y purchase the same package for the same price and Y gets something X already paid for, Y is getting something for free. How much the package costs is irrelevant. Fairness is irrelevant. It's math. It's not an arguable point. It's an issue of fact, not opinion. What you want to be true is false.

(Mind you, I think you have a perfectly good case to make that what you want is fair. But that's not the case you're making. You're making the case that what you want is not getting something for free. That's simply false, and frankly beside the point. Instead, you should argue that you're paying so much you deserve it for free. Yeah, you'll *** off a lot of people who'll disagree with you, but at least you'll be debating opinions, not claiming a falsehood as fact.)
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering that the Adventurer's Pack is already just a sneaky rename to put something into the Crown Store that we were told would never be there (I still have a link to that ZOS post) I think giving the ARAA option away with race-change tokens would just be adding insult to injury.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a guy who has both imperial and any race any faction packages, I believe if you pay that much for a race change from the crown store it should be any race any faction to the purchaser. J/s.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very simple answer to this conundrum - I wouldn't allow race change at all :wink: !
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a guy who has both imperial and any race any faction packages, I believe if you pay that much for a race change from the crown store it should be any race any faction to the purchaser. J/s.

No, not for 3000 crowns.. However, for someone who does not have these packages I do believe at a price of 5000 crowns they should be able to change their race to one of any faction, except to Imperial that would be extra :smile:
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

13 of you don't understand the definition of free I'm guessing.

You're paying more than the DLC costs to race change.

So in that case for us who bought the pack earlier, we will be reimbursed the crowns then when buying a race change?
    Otherwise we have paid for something that you want for free.

So in that case then for us who didn't buy the Imperial DLC specifically and we want to change our race to Khajiit from Nord, we have to stack another 1000-2000 crowns on top of that 3000 crown purchase to get the race change. Makes sense, I'm not paying for either in that case. :)

That is really up to you but I am sure a lot of people will pay for it. I don't understand what all the fuss is about, if you want it just buy it like everyone else had to or will have to. And you don't have to buy a race change, you could just buy any race any alliance and make new character. But if you just want to take the easy way it will cost a little more.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongo.

I don't need to elaborate. I already made my case before DaveMoeDee made his post, a post that ignored that you'd already been completely debunked.

But I'll restate the case, since ignoring proof of our incorrectness seems to be a growing movement in today's world: If Person X paid for "Any Race, Any Alliance" and Person Y did not and race change costs the same for both players, and if Player Y gets to use "Any Race, Any Alliance," then Player Y is getting what Player X purchased for free. That's not opinion. That's math.

That doesn't mean it isn't well within ZOS' rights to give it to Player Y for free. That doesn't mean the cost of Race Change isn't high enough to include "Any Race, Any Alliance" in the package. That doesn't mean it's not perfectly fair to give it to Y for free.

All it means is that if X and Y purchase the same package for the same price and Y gets something X already paid for, Y is getting something for free. How much the package costs is irrelevant. Fairness is irrelevant. It's math. It's not an arguable point. It's an issue of fact, not opinion. What you want to be true is false.

(Mind you, I think you have a perfectly good case to make that what you want is fair. But that's not the case you're making. You're making the case that what you want is not getting something for free. That's simply false, and frankly beside the point. Instead, you should argue that you're paying so much you deserve it for free. Yeah, you'll *** off a lot of people who'll disagree with you, but at least you'll be debating opinions, not claiming a falsehood as fact.)
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

So in that case for us who bought the pack earlier, we will be reimbursed the crowns then when buying a race change?
    Otherwise we have paid for something that you want for free.

So in that case then for us who didn't buy the Imperial DLC specifically and we want to change our race to Khajiit from Nord, we have to stack another 1000-2000 crowns on top of that 3000 crown purchase to get the race change. Makes sense, I'm not paying for either in that case. :)

That is really up to you but I am sure a lot of people will pay for it. I don't understand what all the fuss is about, if you want it just buy it like everyone else had to or will have to. And you don't have to buy a race change, you could just buy any race any alliance and make new character. But if you just want to take the easy way it will cost a little more.

I don't want to have to pay for a bundle addition of ESO just to change my race to an optimal race for a build...
    Master Debater
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have those stupid treasure map chests clogging up my inventory. One of these days I need to go find them or trash them but I haven't gotten around to it yet. :s

Lol that is why I left mine in the mail. I am a hoarder but atleast this way they take up no space.
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭

They don't want you changing races Willy nilly, hence the high price.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're paying to change your race. You are not paying to get access to the " every race every alliance "package.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad