Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy Any of the Style Parlor Tokens?

• Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I plan to buy one appearance change token, and maybe three hair styles. That's it. Zenimax could have had me buy more of the new styles, the base game bundle, a name change token, and probably at least one more appearance change. Not anymore.

In case anyone at Zenimax is paying attention to this thread, this represents what is called a loss of potential revenue. You're still getting some, sure. But imagine how much more you could have made off of me. Now multiply that by however many players are active in the game. Your greed is costing you money, Zenimax.
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I was extremely picky when I made my characters in the first place, so no need for an appearance change, likewise for name. I don't min-max much so I don't care if their racial passives are sub-par or not, ergo no race change either.

I still think those prices are absurd though. I was expecting ZOS to get their money out of quantity with these. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Name change price = *** that.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I would buy a Face Sculptor assistant for basic appearance changes (No sex change for example), there was one in Skyrim, I think it would be pretty cool to have this plus the Style Parlor.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=w45rOt_BlSs
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I wasn't really looking to do anything anyway. The last mmo I played was EQ at launch +8 years so changing your appearance wasn't really an option. I was very careful creating my characters. Now I DO have a character I wouldn't have minded race changing( really starting to like the bosmer look) but since he's only lvl 22(several traits researched but /shrug) the price is a bit too steep for a few hours of leveling a new character.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, explain.
    Too rich for my blood. Plus, I can live with any imperfections on my characters rather than pay dollars instead of gold at any price. But I have no problem if people want to pay these prices so they can look cool. I'd rather put the money in a good investment.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    These Prices Ruin My Immersion! (No Explanation) - No.
    Prices are outrageous, especially if you run more than one character.
    There should be in game purchase options as well, similar to how restating attribute, skills, and points have.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I make my characters how I want them to begin with....and I already have 8 slots to fart around with.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I'm getting the 90+ set bundle. I'm not concerned by the prices, and getting any hair or style on the fly sounds fun.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Wasn't planning on using any all along. I am planning to buy the hair bundle for 1000 crowns. Wouldn't pay over 2k for any cosmetic stuff though.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    It would have been a much appreciated gesture of good will, not to mention been a perfect opportunity to create a consistent gold sink (something which is sorely lacking in game), if beauty parlor took both gold and crowns. Say for example something like either 15k gold or 500 crowns. Best of both worlds giving players the choice of which they'd rather spend..

And I can't accept the rational of the price being there to discourage players from constantly rolling fotm. That could be countered much more effectively by putting a limitation on how often players can change race or name ( once every two to three months for instance). No, I'm sorry, this is just taking advantage of something people have been hoping and waiting for for two years in order to pull in money.
    Edited by Fruitmass on July 27, 2016 3:57AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I want to take the circlet of my main character the rest I am happy with really, I probebly only did that as it was a first character. I was carefull after that ( I thought I'd be able to take it off when I made it :/) maybe I'd buy hairstyles but I am happy that I'll keep an open mind towards.

However I am annoyed for others with race change as they are changing the racial passives, I do think it should be high but at least once free when they make racial changes, I know a few dunmer vamps, who have been annoyed on guild chats. And people not making characters waiting to see what actually happens.something altering people's behaviour as to buying slots and rolling alts, is clearly an issue.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I will probably buy a token / bundle for one character, but I believe that changes such as hairstyle or colour, eye colour etc, should be able to be changed for in game gold. STO allows any changes to character creation for nothing, TSW allows you to buy tokens OR in game currency, as well as the option to be rewarded with plastic surgery token as a quest reward, so I fail to see why ESO can't do that.

I did have a character that needed a name change because she has an accent over a letter in her name, and I can't receive PM's unless people use my username when I am playing her. But at that price, I'm just going to go ahead and not be able to get messages. Name change is too pricey.

I'm fine with race-change costs.
    EU / NA / PC
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Honest i dont get why you all are so much again this to be honest you guys should play SWTOR there you have pay with really money every part everything from race to what hair color you want if want change any thing on char here atlest you pay one sum and you can everything on char.

Beside one thing OP forget to tell you all is that you can buy so call Packs & Bundles of those item for example pack that includes all the existing hair styles (90+ in all!) which mean you change hair style for free after that with out any extra cost which i think is really smart thing for agian in SWTOR you have pay extra real money for that change.

Also this one If you're interested in doing a complete overhaul on your character, you'll want to check out the Name and Race Change Bundle which will offer huge savings, available for 3500 crowns which i think is cheap.

I can say that the MMO that is much worst when come to char change price so honest people you should start look at other MMO and you will see that this price is not that bad.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I just wanted to change one characters name, but 2500 crowns?
    I mean I get the high price for the race change but name change? :disappointed:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I just need this.

Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    No plans to use any of those services not required for my game play
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Not at the current pricing.
  • Slakk
    Slakk
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I do have one character that I've wanted to race change for a while, and I will still cave and race change it.

I normally don't hop on these kinds of discussions but I would agree the accountants got a bit harsh on this one, I've been subbed since the beginning and have even spent a bit more on crowns when there was those fatty sales. I enjoy this game enough to spent a bit monthly on it and not have a problem but in my case it's just fluff stuff that I just buy out of enjoyment.
    I even bought the Dro-m'Athra for when I got the skin, which I do have now. Looks pretty nice.
    To me it's just a feel good special snowflake purchases for me since i've played the game for so long and enjoy it.

I wasn't too surprised to see a lot of people were not happy about the pricing of this stuff because it feels more like a punishment/regret payment rather than that feel good special snowflake purchase I mentioned.
    Lots of players have created toons and then realized they aren't too happy with their racials as they've played the game longer and longer, and with the amount of time you can put in one toon to max out their mount training or achievements or alliance war rank or even just the sentimental value some players have.

I would bet a lot of people are going to buy less or none at all and just hope there's another crown sale not far off, or perhaps hope this years black fredas bundle has one for a crazy value. That might have calmed the initial unhappiness of the pricing.

I don't think it should be everyday cheap, but plenty of players aren't gonna feel good about that one toon they put effort into with the race they might not like as much as they initially did.

It's a purchase that just doesn't have the same feeling as a cool mount or costume.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    There is nothing to explain - I would be ok with those prices, if I would get a pack of 10-12 tokens each for that price, but for a single token that price is just ridiculously overpriced.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Yes I can't wait to change my mains appearance - she's been parked for months cause I can't bear her ham face....

I don't think the appearance prices are too bad at all - and race should be a little more costly.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised!?
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Most likely no.

Appearance change is too expensive, especially if one only wants to change small details.
    Race change is way too expensive.
    Name change price is just ridiculous.

The need to spend 3500 crowns to change gender + name is outright punishment for using race/gender/lore friendly names.
    The need to spend 3500 crowns for race + name change + 1900 crowns for adventure pack is theft (also the above comment applies).

Hair styles w/o ability to recolor are not really worth the money imo either.
    Edited by Kaspy on July 27, 2016 10:00AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I can't wait to change my character then put my helm back on ^.^
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    As things stand, no.

Thankfully, I have no need to change character names or races. The time I spent planning what I wanted to play, how I wanted to play and what I wanted them to be known as has paid off in this respect. I'm disappointed that the appearance change is so expensive though. I had hoped to make minor but more frequent modifications or tweaks for RP purposes as my characters developed (e.g. an eye patch or a scar following a particularly heavy fight). 1,000 crowns for the privilege is about £6 in my world, and I can't justify that from what little money I allow myself each month for gaming and other hobbies.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I planned on changing my Appearance and Name. Race change was debatable for me since i like to gank but im an Imperial which is not optimal for that purpose. I really need to figure out how beneficial the Stealthy racial passive is for ganking purposes in pvp (If anyone could pm me some information about the Stealthy passive compared to say 10% max stam imperial gives that would be great.).

Appearance is 1000 crowns
    Race Change 3000 crowns
    Name change 2500 crowns

All though there is a bundle for 3500 crowns to change Name, Race and have access to all the hairstyles available for your gender/race and you can switch them on the fly.

So i guess i'll be buying the Bundle since Appearance and Name change cost the same price.
    PS4 NA DC
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Way, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive for me. I'd be willing to pay 500 crowns for a name change, 1000 crowns for an appearance change, and 1500 for a race+name+appearance change. There's really no justification for ZOS' high prices, so I won't pay them.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Prices are simply absurd. They should be half this price, and it would still be overpriced.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hy didn't they handle it like World of Warcraft?
    (0): Hairstyle/Ornaments/Beards are in-game gold. - Even the same with Final Fantasy XIV's Aesthetician! Should've followed through with the original immersive plan!
    (1): Name Change (500) Crowns
    (2): Name Change + Appearance Change (750 Crowns)
    (3): Name Change + Appearance Change + Race Change (1250 Crowns)

Well, if they handled it like World of Warcraft, option 3 would be 3000 crowns ($25), not 1250.

I'm also disappointed by the pricing, not of name and race changes, but of appearance tweaks. I'd hoped those would be priced as minor in-game gold sinks, encouraging the acquisition and healing of scars, changed in adornments and hairstyles, etc. I'd also thought to tweak a nose here and the thickness of an arm there, but certainly won't pay ZOS's announced price to move a slider a notch or two.

I agree that a race change should include name and appearance, but don't think it should be priced to encourage flavor-of-the-month changes.

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Because I want to!
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    The crown store is a waste of money anymore, so no, I won't buy them.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS