Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My game has been having issues

oMrRust
oMrRust
✭✭✭✭
I was playing just fine, 0 issues but now everytime I try to play [only eso] my whole computer freezes, locks up. Cant do anything but force restart, it only happens to ESO. But now im reinstalling and the freeze happened while installing the patch.

Best Answer

• oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem was fixed, uninstalled and reinstalled and had issues installing so I tried doing verify files through steam and it worked and now I am having 0 issues
    Answer ✓
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you have some programs running in the background that are interfering ?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you play other games as well on your PC? If your PC runs fine, but you don't play other games. I would definitely check your fans in your computer and on your video card. It almost sounds like something is running hot. Take one of those air cans and blow on the fans.

I had a similar issue awhile back and it was my video card fan quit working.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its only ESO doing it. Played portal 2 mw2. No issues, its only ESO and nothing changed with files so no conflicts.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be a heat issue like Vamp Emily stated ?
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    My fams are all up and working fine
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fans*
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which version of Windows are you running ?
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Windows 10, but never had an issue with it
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried disabling your addons to see if the game launches?

Are you using the Launcher or a shortcut to the EXE?

Are you using the 64 bit or 32 bit version of the game?
    Edited by Nestor on July 26, 2016 3:44PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a quick checklist you may already know .

Update all drivers

Use the repair option in the launcher settings

Check for missing windows updates

If using Windows 10 try not launching from STEAM by creating a new shortcut on your desktop
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am tryin to reinstall but when i do. Computer freezes in partial way. As for addons, never had a issue with em before. I run 32bit but i got 64 bit computer.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhAmex wrote: »
    I am tryin to reinstall but when i do. Computer freezes in partial way. As for addons, never had a issue with em before. I run 32bit but i got 64 bit computer.

OK, I bolded that part because the first step in troubleshooting a game that does not work is to disable addons. The fact that they worked a couple days ago does not mean they work today. It could be one you updated, it could be one you need to update, it could be something in the game that got updated and now they no longer work, something could have gotten corrupted in the data files for the addons.

Never assume your addons are not the reason the game does not launch until you have disabled them and see if it changes anything. It just takes a moment to do this.

• oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, not only eso seems to be an issue, my internet too.
    During the install of the patch, it said loading news which news was already loaded, when i start steam i gotta relog in. An apparently im appearing offline n i keep fixing it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, not only eso seems to be an issue, my internet too.
    During the install of the patch, it said loading news which news was already loaded, when i start steam i gotta relog in. An apparently im appearing offline n i keep fixing it.

Reset your router , virus scan and run a maintenance program . Eliminating that variable is important .
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Internet is stopping the game from loading, then you should get an error message to that effect.

I don't have the game with Steam, but it seems to me that you could bypass the Launcher and use a shortcut to the EXE instead, at least for Testing. So, try that.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just curious, when you say "computer freezes" during the install, do you mean everything on your computer freeezes? Or just the download freezes? Can you move your mouse and do other things?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything. Taskbar, background even mouse, sometimes mouse can move but nothin can b clicked