Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making a Magtemplorc

Draven147
Draven147
✭✭✭
TL;DR Magicka Templar Orc Tank. I'm doing it and you aren't going to stop me.

That's right, I'm making a Magicka Tank Templar Orc. Because...... well, because I can.

I know there are plenty of better options out there for a magicka templar tank (or a tank in general) but it's my character and you aren't the boss of me!

Who knows, maybe when the change race patch comes out, and I hit the cp ranks, I'll decide that I don't like the way he feels and change him but, for now magicka is whats up.

I went with orc because I like the idea of extra health regen and the added extra health and stamina. I know I wont be able to take full advantage of the stamina seeing as I'm going with magicka but its still nice to have and should I decide to change to stamina it's there as well. Plus the idea of a magicka wielding orc is funny to me and slightly against the grain. I'm not too sure what his endgame set will be as I have only really focused on the sorc side of things in this game and this will be my first adventure in the tank department. I know that stamina is a more normal way to go but like I said.... don't you tell me how to live my life!

I'm going to focus my main bar on attack and crowd control with a 2 handed weapon (cause templars love them their broad swords and massive maces and mauls. If only they could get flails similar to diablo 3!) and the back bar will most likely have a healing staff to take advantage of the madd templar heals.

I'm still debating in my head how many points to put into health/magicka while leveling. I'm thinking that around 30k health is where I wanna sit come level 50 with the rest of the points going towards my magicka pool. It's gonna be a fun ride with a lot of experimenting and testing and probably a ton of death (poor Ironius)

I'll mostly be focusing on PvE and dungeons. I'd like to do some PvP with him but I think that will have to wait until I understand the class/abilities better and, what do the kids say these days... oh yes..... GET GUD

I'm enjoying flying blind into a new character/role. It's bringing a renewed sense of vigor and excitement back into the game for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my sorc, but I felt it was time to leave the comfort zone and live life out on the front lines of battle.

Time to be the tip of the spear instead of the hand that cast it!

His story:

Ironius Destris Templar of the 4th order, warrior in the 3rd Sect.

Orphaned at a you age and filled with anger and hatred he spent his youth on the streets stealing and killing when need be to survive. Until one day, he was caught trying to pickpocket a visiting band of templar priests. Seeing the fire of life and the spark of magicka in the young orc's eyes and the capability of his combat skills they promised young Ironius that instead of turning him over the guard (or just plain killing him on the spot) he could live a better life where he could focus his anger and rage and purge the realm of all the evil that lurked in every shadow and every cave. A life of fulfillment, of love, of brothers and sisters, a life of wealth. A life of purpose. The priests promised to return in the spring and if he were still alive and willing, they would accept his pledge to the order and grant him a life beyond his wildest dreams.
Intrigued and fascinated, Ironius couldn't help but lay awake at night and fantasize what his life with the sect could be. Off adventuring, travelling Tamriel, killing all the deadra he could get his hands on. Spring could not come fast enough for the young orc. That spring, as promised, the priests returned and little Ironius pledged his life to the templar order. He spent the remaining years of his youth training and honing his skills, learning to focus and control his anger, use his magicka and in the spring of his 25th year he became a templar warrior. With renewed purpose and vigor Irionus is out fullfilling his duty to the order, vanquishing Tamriel of evil and spreading the word of the order.
If you are lucky, perhaps one day you will get the honor of fighting by his side and sharing a mug of skooma while swapping stories of battles past. Keep your eyes open, for he is out there.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very role play...so your choice in orc isn't bad. Don't care what anyone says. You get run speed buff!! But as a magplar...you are gimping yourself severely by not going vampire. ESPECIALLY as an orc without good stat regen bonus. So the HEALTH RECOVERY is moot if you need my advice, the extra stamina will net about 1kish. Most likely less than that. The only real bonus you're getting is run speed. So basically your race choice will not grant any bonuses to combat. Which isn't bad, you can still wreck face.

I am a nord magplar as my only toon since game launch, and as you know with the upcoming patch we are pretty much the same except I will be getting reduced damage! Anyway my point is is that I made it work...abd work it does! Gl
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't given much thought to either warewolf or vampire before. I have never really been interested in either of the two to tell you the truth. I may have to look deeper into that. I would like more health recovery because lets face it , who wouldn't? Thanks for the tip!!

Run speed buff will actually help me out because I rarely ever ride anywhere. I am a severe hoarder in this game so I collect every single thing I can for crafting/alchemy and I find it annoying to keep mounting (ayoo) and dismounting all the time.

Ironius is only in the low levels (16 I think) but man o man am I enjoying him so far. I can't wait to hit the CP/Vet levels. He feels very overpowered compared to my sorc at the same level. Of course now I understand weaving and blocking and I am positive that that is a huge difference maker in combat.
    Edited by Draven147 on July 9, 2016 1:45AM
  • hitman46_2
    I don't know man, in pve everything works so do what ever you want.

But your saying:
    I would like more health recovery because lets face it , who wouldn't?

Well ....

I would like not, just because lets face it, who needs health recovery right?
    No body indeed
    PC - EU - EP

Guild:Dutch Dark Brotherhood (GM)
    Hodor Outcast

EP - Brobert - Imperial Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - Stripper - Breton Magicka Templar
    EP - Gangstah Sorcerer - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    EP - Assassins Blade - Redgaurd Stamina Templar
    EP - Stripper Magic - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    EP - Stripperino - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight
    EP - Cheesy Stripper - Khajit Stamina Nightblade
    AD - Sneaky Stripper Druglord - Woodelf Stamina Nightblade
    EP - This Stripper Rekt You - Orc Stamina Sorcerer
    EP - Permablocking Saiyan - Argonian Warden
    DC - Blue Stripper - Argonian Templar
    AD - Yellow Stripper - Argonian Templar

Specs:
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=65440431379

• K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine did the same thing.

He uninstalled.
    nerf mdk
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Update time:

Ironius is coming along quite nicely now and I am starting to get a pretty good idea of what skills/abilities I enjoy using in combat with him. As well as the flow of his weaving. Having picked up the razer naga hex mouse a couple weeks ago on sale has made a huge improvement in battle.

As Ironuis is approaching lvl 40 I am starting to have an idea what I'd like to see from him as far as end game sets and performance is concerned. I am going for a sustain/regen type build. Right now I can craft the seducer set so he has a 5 pc and tomorrow the research will finish on two more pieces and I will be outfitting him with some magnu's gift armor/weapons as well. I'm thinking of staying with the 5pc seducer and 4pc magnus combo untill he has more crafting options. I'm thinking perhaps twice born star/kagrenac could be a fun combo as well but with research times being what they are that is a long ways down the road. Really wish you could buy research speedups in the crown store!

I have put 35 points into magicka and I think I will put the rest into health and see where that levels out come lvl 50. I'm hoping for a even balance of health and magicka before enchants and passives and the such. I think I will be putting health enchants on the chest, head and pants armor and magicka on the rest once he reaches 50 as well.

Any set combo ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • Zyrathius
    Zyrathius
    I have a Breton magplar tank and run all points into magicka, then full enchants for health (except 3 prismatic on the 3 large infused pieces), with healthy willpower jewelry with magicka regen enchants. I'm running dual sword and shield with a full kagrenac's hope set and a 4 piece Spectre's Eye.

I used CasNation's build as a starting point for my gear. Very effective combo, Lots of tanky, good healing. He had more of a focus on healing than my focus on more tanky but works great. You could probably tinker with that setup as a good starting point. Maybe swap the Spectre's Eye for seducer for more regren as an orc which also has more health.

I love my setup though, I duo with my wife a lot and I can sustain solo for a while if needed because the baby is crying and can even squeeze off emergency rez in boss fights when something goes wrong.

My bars are normally 1/puncture/absorb magic/blazing spear /repentance /breath of life /solar prison and 2/deep slash/purifying light /puncturing sweeps /restoring focus /ritual of retribution /empowering sweeps. Sounds like a fun character though, have fun and good luck.
    Edited by Zyrathius on July 20, 2016 6:56PM
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas, very much appreciated!

I like the sounds of seducers with Kags. That would give piles of regen. My PS4 templar is a Breton and I like him lots as well. I was thinking of going the same route as you with full magicka and health on a select few armor pieces. Seeing as how the templar class has great heal abilities a guy can save some points for the magicka pool and use heals to sustain.

Sometimes it's hard to sift through all the abilities/passives and stuff and figure out what you want to run. I've made like 4 different pages of notes and ideas so far haha I'll probably end up taking bits and pieces from each one and mashing it all up.

Although the more I play PVP with him the more I want to focus on that aspect of the game and that's a whole different world as far as skills and attributes and sets go. So many choices and only so many hours my wife will let me play haha
  • Zyrathius
    Zyrathius
    Haha, yeah I got lucky when my wife finally sat down and watched me for a while, next thing I know we made her an account and a character and a few months later we are buying a second xbox to play together. I don't PvP much, so have nothing to offer in that realm.
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I was that lucky. After about the 5th hour or so of watching she tends to get a tad ancy and wants me to stop playing and put a movie on. So it's not like i really have it that bad haha

We talked about getting a second ps4 and I think down the road that will become a actuality. She has troubles with the dual toggle sticks controlling the character and camera. My advice to her is to keep on trying and she will get better. She usually ends up giving up after about 5 mins haha

Baby steps I suppose
  • Zyrathius
    Zyrathius
    Yeah it took my wife a bit to get used to it as well, she had never used a game controller in a serious game before. Started out slow and we made her a character that had simple fighting style that could grow into something more. Initially just spammed puncturing sweeps and tried to keep the camera more or less aimed in the right direction. Now she's mixing it up in Vet dungeons and pulls off bar swapping and Dodge rolls like a Champ.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    I use to be a Magtemplorc like you until I took an arrow to the knee.....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is his name Ironius as in Iron or as in Irony?

Lol love the back story! Love your writing. I don't have much advice but i just wanted to say thanks for sharing :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Is his name Ironius as in Iron or as in Irony?

Lol love the back story! Love your writing. I don't have much advice but i just wanted to say thanks for sharing :)

Little of column A little of column B hahaha

Thanks for the read! I like to get a little too attached to my characters in this game. Don't know if it is a curse or a blessing

Zyrathius wrote: »
    Yeah it took my wife a bit to get used to it as well, she had never used a game controller in a serious game before. Started out slow and we made her a character that had simple fighting style that could grow into something more. Initially just spammed puncturing sweeps and tried to keep the camera more or less aimed in the right direction. Now she's mixing it up in Vet dungeons and pulls off bar swapping and Dodge rolls like a Champ.

That's exactly what I'm going to try to start working towards. Most games she plays she just button mashes for the win so it shouldn't be too hard (I hope) to get her into weaving and timing. First step is that new PS4