Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Bug] 2.5.3 crash to desktop on Quit

baratron
baratron
✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I quit the PTS, the game crashes instead of exiting neatly.
q93ZO.png
q9407.png

I thought it might be being caused by an incompatible addon, but my boyfriend is having the same trouble and he doesn't run any addons on PTS.

I am also having similar trouble on Live with 2.4.11, although that isn't every time like this is.
Edited by baratron on July 21, 2016 6:53AM
Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is mentioned in the known issues, in the first few lines of the 2.5.3 patch notes.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have this issue on the live server as well almost anytime I select "Quit" from the Esc menu. Otherwise, if I log out, then quit from the character select menu, the game closes normally without crashing.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me about half the time I quit ESO. Much irony.... "I think I'm done for now" ..... *crash*"
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    This is mentioned in the known issues, in the first few lines of the 2.5.3 patch notes.

Well, duh, don't I feel stupid now? Although I wonder if that note got edited in later, I certainly don't remember seeing it on Monday.

Thanks!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50