Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: July 1, 2016"

• Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alp wrote: »
    y8YaTKF.png

I love your spell checker.

what did they spell wrong?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is more confused than usual - which takes some doing.

How can you take away from us that which we do not yet have?

The dress we cannot yet buy will be removed before this one can obtain it yes?

Yours with puzzled paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point to remove crown store items?

Honestly, I really don't like it. I feel that I am forced to buy more crown in addition to the monthly fee. More I will not. I'd rather not buy anything if it depends on this. Not very glad of this, as the crown shop develops. Fortunately, sometimes coming out of new content, so I feel less than in I felt in Guild Wars 2 (~0 new content but new items in gem shop every two weeks).

How good it would be if everything stays in there and sometimes we can buy what we want.
    This crown store says to me. I will say you what you want and when you want, this is not good, but it is my opinion.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom several days later, can you PLEASE update the article, and as to why you are saying you are removing non existing items? :/
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point to remove crown store items?

Honestly, I really don't like it. I feel that I am forced to buy more crown in addition to the monthly fee. More I will not. I'd rather not buy anything if it depends on this. Not very glad of this, as the crown shop develops. Fortunately, sometimes coming out of new content, so I feel less than in I felt in Guild Wars 2 (~0 new content but new items in gem shop every two weeks).

How good it would be if everything stays in there and sometimes we can buy what we want.
    This crown store says to me. I will say you what you want and when you want, this is not good, but it is my opinion.

Creating false scarcity to increase sales. Betting on selling to the few willing to spend a lot. That and making things limited has a tendency to make us think of something as worth more than it really is. It's just psychological tricks to make people more likely to spend money.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Please keep the cost of the Doom Wolf Mount reasonable, unlike the Dro'M'Athra-Senche Mount.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feels bad that the prices of costumes seem to be rising while the really good ones only stay up for a little while.. I get that people still buy it but it feels like it's because they feel pressured because they might not get the chance again. Its playing with peoples natural uncertain minds.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom several days later, can you PLEASE update the article, and as to why you are saying you are removing non existing items? :/

Check again, the listing of removed items has recently changed.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the ESO Crown Store on all platforms on August 1st.

Costumes

Desert Garden Gala Overdress - ONLY ON PTS - Removed from listing
    Priest of the Green - Added July 7
    Song of the Night Ensemble - Added February 4
    Toxin Doctor - Added June 23
    Treasure Hunter - Added May 19
    Treethane Ceremonial Dress - Added June 30
    Tribal Shamans Pack - Added Mar 17 2015 (Wikia)
    Winterborn Reach Costume Pack - Added November 2/17/18 2015 - Orsinium Launch (Wikia)
    Winter Scouts Pack - Added January 7

Mounts

Banded Guar Charger - Added 17 Mar 2015 - TESO TU Launch

Pets

Baby Netch - Added December 23
    Banekin - Added April 9 2015
    Blue Nixad - ONLY ON PTS - Removed from list replaced with *
    Blue Oasis Frog - Added May 19
    Bravil Retriever - Added April/May 2015
    Sanguine's Black Goat - Added January 7
    Turquoise Nixad - Added July 7 - Added to list replacing *
    Windhelm Wolfhound - Added Mar 17 2015 - Also in Starter Pack (Wikia)
    All dates as listed in their respective showcases except where indicated.

Also would someone working for ZOS please change:
    The Priest of the Green costume will be available on all platforms, starting on July 7.
    To:
    The Priest of the Green costume will be available on all platforms for a limited time, from July 7 to August 1.
    Or at least:
    The Priest of the Green costume will be available on all platforms, from July 7 to August 1.
    And:
    The Turquoise Nixad pet will be available on all platforms, starting on July 7.
    To:
    The Turquoise Nixad pet will be available on all platforms for a limited time, from July 7 to August 1.
    Or:
    The Turquoise Nixad pet will be available on all platforms, from July 7 to August 1.
    FAO: @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_MattFiror

Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on July 9, 2016 11:44AM
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I would love to use my crowns for this stuff...if I could get them from my ESO+!
  • FrozenNord
    Just echoing everyone else here, constantly removing items from the store is a very, very dirty and underhanded tactic and a blatant cash grab. Last time you removed items that were just added the previous month. And you never warned players the previous month that it was a limited time item so they may have passed on it to get it later, then not be able to the next month and miss it completely. Now, this time, you're removing a few items released very recently and you've set to remove two items that weren't even released yet that are explicitly not labeled as time limited even though they are.

You have a digital store, there are no limitations. You are lying to us all when you say "to make room for". No you don't have to make room for anything! You don't have to make room for anything at all. It doesn't work like that! You're not running a physical store with physical items with physical space limitations. It is digital, it has no limits. It can have however much you want. If you can still have all the items on a menu in people's collections in-game, then you have absolutely no excuse for not having them in a menu in the crown store because you obviously can do it if you did it with the in-game items.

The total cost of items that are no longer available each time you do these mass removals, when also considered with the new time limited stuff that actually is labeled as such, is ranging to into the 12,000 to 16,000 crown range. That's like $90 to $120 worth of content. The amount of money I usually spend on gaming each month is on average about $40. When I want something, like some new content or a new game, I can usually push that to $100, but not much further. And sometimes it's a bad month and I can't even do that.

This is getting pretty ridiculous. We went so long without constant removals. Now every other month you're doing mass removals. You don't have realistic space limitations. Stop acting like you do.
    North American Server - Xbox One | GT: Frozen Nord | ESO Plus
    Amara Marane | Breton | Female | Sorcerer | Destruction Staff | Light Armor | Daggerfall Covenant
    Lyra Aranni | Bosmer | Female | Nightblade | Bow | Medium Armor | Aldmeri Dominion
    Lucan Larius | Imperial | Male | Dragonknight | One Hand and Shield | Heavy Armor | Daggerfall Covenant
    Almalyra | Dunmer | Female | Nightblade | Dual Wield | Medium Armor | Ebonheart Pact
    Argues-with-Trees | Argonian | Female | Templar | Restoration Staff | Light Armor | Ebonheart Pact
    Lugdulg Logob | Orc | Male | Dragonknight | Two Handed | Heavy Armor | Daggerfall Covenant
    Dar'Saddha | Khajiit | Male | Nightblade | Dual Wield | Medium Armor | Aldmeri Dominion
    Arlia | Altmer | Female | Sorcerer | Destruction Staff | Light Armor | Aldmeri Dominion
    Baral Aldwyr | Redguard | Male | Dragonknight | One Hand and Shield | Heavy Armor | Daggerfall Covenant
    Haknir the Strange | Nord | Male | Dragonknight | Two Handed | Heavy Armor | Ebonheart Pact
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    y8YaTKF.png

I love your spell checker.

ETscjum.gif
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FrozenNord wrote: »
    Just echoing everyone else here, constantly removing items from the store is a very, very dirty and underhanded tactic and a blatant cash grab. Last time you removed items that were just added the previous month. And you never warned players the previous month that it was a limited time item so they may have passed on it to get it later, then not be able to the next month and miss it completely. Now, this time, you're removing a few items released very recently and you've set to remove two items that weren't even released yet that are explicitly not labeled as time limited even though they are.

You have a digital store, there are no limitations. You are lying to us all when you say "to make room for". No you don't have to make room for anything! You don't have to make room for anything at all. It doesn't work like that! You're not running a physical store with physical items with physical space limitations. It is digital, it has no limits. It can have however much you want. If you can still have all the items on a menu in people's collections in-game, then you have absolutely no excuse for not having them in a menu in the crown store because you obviously can do it if you did it with the in-game items.

The total cost of items that are no longer available each time you do these mass removals, when also considered with the new time limited stuff that actually is labeled as such, is ranging to into the 12,000 to 16,000 crown range. That's like $90 to $120 worth of content. The amount of money I usually spend on gaming each month is on average about $40. When I want something, like some new content or a new game, I can usually push that to $100, but not much further. And sometimes it's a bad month and I can't even do that.

This is getting pretty ridiculous. We went so long without constant removals. Now every other month you're doing mass removals. You don't have realistic space limitations. Stop acting like you do.

Yeah...I feel the same way about the removals. Also, pretty crappy that these are all removed one week after a limited time sale of TWO items at the same time. Seriously!? Sounds like they need to post a huge sales number for the first month of the fiscal year. Also, sounds like their idea of putting crafting bags behind the ESO+ pay wall didn't pan out for them. We'll see if costume dying will (yes, I know they have those stupid dye stamps for non-ESO+ members).

Tell ya what - if you FIX ESO+ on XB (that is, I'm GUARANTEED my monthly crowns and GUARANTEED to have access to the DLC and in-game benefits) then I'll subscribe again.

EDIT: Whoah...got a little off topic there. :smile:
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 11, 2016 7:49PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play on my Daggerfall Covenant character.

So yeah, I want that Covenant Hero Costume, right now, if possible.

And then I am gonna make a female Nightblade, just because.

For the Covenant!!!
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feels bad that the prices of costumes seem to be rising while the really good ones only stay up for a little while.. I get that people still buy it but it feels like it's because they feel pressured because they might not get the chance again. Its playing with peoples natural uncertain minds.

I was going to say the same thing. I love the costumes and the increasing variety is great! I love that we can soon dye them. But we used to get 1 costume for 500 crowns and 3 packs for 1000. Now it seems that all the new ones are 1000 and there are no good bundles. Same with mounts and utilities. I'm a paying customer, I'm willing to chip in, but it hurts to feel like your value for your $ is being reduced so much. I believe I would actually spend MORE if the items were cheaper because recently I've passed by dozens of items I wanted since the prices were just too much. If you must keep the items at these new prices, please consider later adding them to discount bundles rather than removing them from the store. Such as a banker/merchant 2 pack, a bundle of all 3 redguard female outfits, etc.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the 3 alliance motifs were not announced in this post for some reason?
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    So... my sub renews on on August 1. Will I still be able to purchase the Priest of the Green costume, or will it be gone at midnight?

Side-note: I remember the first time BethZoS removed stuff from the Crown Store. The stuff they removed were 50 percent off. Are they still doing that?
    Edited by Mouseattigan1 on July 16, 2016 6:13PM
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    RE the 3 alliance styles--several questions/comments:
    1. I sure hope at that price that the book is for ALL your characters, not just one, RIGHT? RIGHT?
    2. Um, $40 for each ONE? FOR ONE TIME USE?
    3. Is there any other way to get alliance styles other than dropping $40 for them for ONE toon it would seem?
    4. Okay, I don't mind luxury items but at least the Glowing Panther Thingy was cross-account. If these are only good for one toon each than the naked money grab nature is disgusting.

Please respond, if I DO get one, I want to know what I am really getting.
    Edited by Threemoons on July 20, 2016 10:47AM
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... my sub renews on on August 1. Will I still be able to purchase the Priest of the Green costume, or will it be gone at midnight?

Side-note: I remember the first time BethZoS removed stuff from the Crown Store. The stuff they removed were 50 percent off. Are they still doing that?

They didn't do that on the last time they removed stuff, just on the first time.

It is really a shame. I wish they still did that.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • xcruyeloxb16_ESO
    xcruyeloxb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I know that you guys need to make money, that's perfectly fair.
    But when you use those "temporary sales" tactics, it's pretty obvious that you do it because you want people to buy new crowns to buy those items, you don't want them waiting for their next payment and using those "free" crowns to buy the items.

It doesn't make your players happy when you act this way, and you'll eventually lose more on the long-term than you'll gain by using tactics like this. People want to pay you because you give them good value, they don't want to pay you because you put new walls between them and what they want. (The next update is another good example of this, to be honest)
    Be careful not to drive away the paying customers by asking too much from them.
  • Lvcian
    Lvcian
    Soul Shriven
    I am calling it, Zenimax Online Studios does NOT care about the game or the people whom fill their pockets with the money they need to put food on the table and a roof over their head comfortably without stressing over making the next game as some developers do. They are spineless and will not even address this with the people willing to speak up who are also the same ones who will be first in line to pay their money for. I have read through the comments and see NO attempt to make right or explain things even to the smallest extent...and they want our money for this?

@Threemoons - He explains a HUGE issue that many have asked about for . . . well probably years at this point with no avail. Why do they want $40 USD for a one time use in game item . . . ? ? ? LOGIC ANYONE ?

@ 90% of Everyone Else - Why such high prices for the cool stuff then when no one buys it you develop this new method of high priced and limited time only...with the ABSOLUTE intent of forcing our hand to "buy it now while it lasts"

I dare them to respond...to man up to what the heck is really going on and why we can't get some reasonable pricing so we can feel comfortable buying it. Is that too much to ask?
    Death . . . is only the beginning
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Lvcian wrote: »
    I am calling it, Zenimax Online Studios does NOT care about the game or the people whom fill their pockets with the money they need to put food on the table and a roof over their head comfortably without stressing over making the next game as some developers do. They are spineless and will not even address this with the people willing to speak up who are also the same ones who will be first in line to pay their money for. I have read through the comments and see NO attempt to make right or explain things even to the smallest extent...and they want our money for this?

@Threemoons - He explains a HUGE issue that many have asked about for . . . well probably years at this point with no avail. Why do they want $40 USD for a one time use in game item . . . ? ? ? LOGIC ANYONE ?

@ 90% of Everyone Else - Why such high prices for the cool stuff then when no one buys it you develop this new method of high priced and limited time only...with the ABSOLUTE intent of forcing our hand to "buy it now while it lasts"

I dare them to respond...to man up to what the heck is really going on and why we can't get some reasonable pricing so we can feel comfortable buying it. Is that too much to ask?

Agreed, and thanks for the shoutout.

Let me add that I have worked on beta and even alpha on many games including The Secret World, Age of Conan, DOOM, and God of War Ascension. It's a serious hobby for me. Yes, I even finally got in on late beta for this game.

I LOVE ESO. I think it's just about the best MMORPG out there right now.

BUT...

The way the game has been played, and the way I have trained up my 3 mains for crafting, if I wanted to do all 3 faction styles for all 3 materials and weapon styles, I would be looking at $240 MINIMUM to train out 2 toons (and more if I wanted to more accurately gear up my crafters at their current level.

Folks, that is MORE THAN THE GAME COSTS. THAT IS MORE THAN AN ANNUAL SUB COSTS. Heck, even ONE full buildout is $120, which is more than my ConEd bill was despite blasting the A/C in NYC this hot summer. My GROCERIES for two weeks (I cook at home a lot and bring my lunch to my gigs) cost less than that. My Verizon bill is only around $130 a month.

Zenimax, what you are hearing is NOT butthurt from people who are squabbling over the difference between a $5 two-slice and a drink special after school vs. an in-game item. Many of your players are adults with real jobs and real obligations, and when paying customers are being asked to pay for vanity items that are not only well above and beyond any cash already committed to the game but actually bump against real bills and real-life obligations, it grates.

Yes, we can always not buy them, but being forced to look at vanity purchases at that scale may make many longtime players re-evaluate WHY they are playing and paying for a game and leave entirely. Don't do this.

Do the right thing and drop the price, give people who already purchased it actual cash refunds based on crowns or give them in-game crowns, or for the love of Mara make the styles account-wide if you are going to insist on charging the old price. I would CONSIDER buying them at current price if they were account-wide. Not a sure thing, but it would get me beyond "F*** that!!."

Edited by Threemoons on July 20, 2016 11:36AM
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    And now, here it is, the 21st, and I don't see the new items in the item shop? What's up with that?
  • Fett233
    Fett233
    ✭✭
    So where's my Doom wolf and Breton hero custom? It's the 21st not seeing it.
    Alphawolf
  • Fett233
    Fett233
    ✭✭
    Still waiting?
    Alphawolf
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Note that the overpriced Alliance styles are front and center though..... :#
  • Fett233
    Fett233
    ✭✭
    It's out know thank you
    Alphawolf
  • Turondil
    Turondil
    ✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    Note that the overpriced Alliance styles are front and center though..... :#

Just buy them, I flung my money right at the screen when I saw them at the crownstore. They are so cool and atleast the awesome model continues to live with new weapons and NOT sitting in the sewers to be forgotten how awesome it was.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Cv8p0I3.gif
    Ex-WoW player, playing ESO on ps4 EU server. Love some good discussions and good stories.
  • Helldir
    Helldir
    ✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to the Breton Hero Costume. After trying it on in the crown store, I just don't feel it's that great compared to the price tag. It just seems rushed. So I think I'll pass on this one. Doom wolf is OK. Only thing that seems weird to me is the black stuff that oozes from it's eyes. Sort of looks like giant animated eyelashes. It makes it look weirdly feminine, heh.
    Councilor Helldir Indoril
    (PC-EU)
    <The Danish Guild>
    <Unicorn Brigade>
    <The Brotherhood of Askir>
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is the next crown store showcase coming soon-ish? :)latest?cb=20100604224849