Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aggressive Warhorn vs Stury Warhorn vs Barrier

kidico
kidico
In the current patch, which one is the best one to go for, in dungeons and pvp fights? The 8 second crit boost doesn't seem that great unless your team has high crit rate so is sturdy warhorn better or what?

And I heard barrier only works for 6 ppl now, so is warhorn just better overall in pvp since it affects everyone?
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on your role a bit.
    In dungeons:
    • As a tank I use aggressive horn which imo is much better than sturdy horn as major crit is a lot harder to get than minor resolve and ward.
    • As a healer I think barrier can be more useful, especially if the tank is running warhorn. Also you can get magicka and ultimate regen from one of the morphs.
    • As a DPS I don't think any of these abilities are useful.
    In PvP I honestly have no idea but I would say aggressive horn isn't particularly useful because of crit resistance and sturdy horn's buff is a bit lacklustre compared with some other ultimates. Barrier is probably more useful.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In pve, aggressive warhorn is best by a long shot. Barrier is probably best in pvp, but warhorn is also useful.

rip decibel
  • saps101
    saps101
    As a PVE healer four man, I run reviving barrier and aggressive war horn, whilst my tank runs his own aggressive war horn, the extra damage from aggressive can make a big difference in certain fights such as the gold CoA pledge, (this is how we finally did it) tank runs it constantly, when atronauches spawn drop a barrier and everybody goes to town on the dps. Plus with good ultimate generation you can normally drag out enough ulti for a war horn or another barrier before the 1st has gone.

Basically, if it didn't hit hard/is a dps race, me and tank rotate warhorn, you can permanently run the 30sec buff, and have about an 70% uptime on the dmg buff.

If it hits like a truck, or the group needs survivability, then barrier.

For trials, it depends on the group.

PVP wise, aggressive seems a waste when you consider impen gear/transmutation set. Reviving barrier has saved my 4-6man PVP group 20+ times this week and situational use of reviving barrier and absorption field can give a mid size group a lot of survivabilty, plus you have a min of 5 seconds after dropping reviving for burst dps.

All in all, there situational but all can be lifesavers.
    Edited by saps101 on July 11, 2016 2:36PM
    For the love of God, fix group finder.

Xbox EU

o Slaughterer x
  • kidico
    kidico
    Looks like I'll be using aggressive warhorn in pve dungeons and not getting barrier at all since I'm a tank/dps. Prolly gonna stick with dragonknight standard for PVP
  • saps101
    saps101
    May I suggest you try dragon leap too, it can be hilarious in PVP, and I know a lot of people run dawn breaker, I'll let you decide between the group knockdown, or damage when slotted ;).
    For the love of God, fix group finder.

Xbox EU

o Slaughterer x
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank --> 5 tavas / 2 blood spawn /3 potentates + agressive warhorn = perma ult. Warhorn rocks the boat.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    As a tank --> 5 tavas / 2 blood spawn /3 potentates + agressive warhorn = perma ult. Warhorn rocks the boat.

Next patch you can do dragon set for an extra 5% xD

rip decibel
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aggressive for sure in PvE and Dungs. I run with my guild mates. I tank and my brother DPS's, we both use it and alternate. Pretty much 90% of the runs have it up, even on trash and we crush everything.

I even tank in PVP... yea I said tank. Pretty much the one guy that runs out there and get pummeled while my group destroys them. I use Aggressive as well, if you fighting a zerg too, it can change the whole battle.

I never used barrier to be honest. But my buddies do in PvP and its great.

Sturdy isn't bad, but with all the other buffs out there with Earthen Heart and weapon enchants its almost a mute point in my opinion.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB