Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You Know You've Been Playing ESO Too Much When...

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you hear a loud roar from a vehicle or plane and look around for a dolmen.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • CrypticEasy
    You wake up out of a dream too scared to walk in front of your family because you don't want them to question all the weapons and gear you're carrying.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are dreaming and you get annoyed because there are some bugs in it
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 6, 2016 4:26AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    when you see blue fox gloves and feel a faint urge to pick them for alchemy.
    when you hear someone coughing and instantly think of the sounds NPC's make when you use the blade of woe.
    when you can't stop humming Stagger and Sway, the bard song.
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    u lag irl
    nerf mdk
  • Vruci
    Vruci
    ✭✭
    When you crouch behind people and the voices in your head tell you 'Looking is fine, taking anything is a crime'

Just me?

Wrong game?

Whaaaaaaaat?
    I have a god complex. Don't judge. Or do judge. I will thus proceed to smite you.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Walking the dogs the other day by a creek, saw a fallen section of tree, the lines of the bark were kind of parallel....

Darn near called out to my husband (who also games with me)

"Chest!"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    when it takes me minutes or so to re-attune myself to what is going on around me outside of the game.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Using ESO terms IRL like:

"The boss is around the corner looking to gank people leaving early."

- 'Gank?'

"I meant... gaffle?"
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I keep singing "Queen Ayrenn" and "Red Diamond" out loud at work because I steal so much in Hallin's Stand that I've remembered the Bard's soundtrack

Yes those and "Stagger and sway" and "Over The Seas And Far Away"
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on July 15, 2016 6:09PM
    PC/EU DC
  • sweetwrath1985
    A guildie the other week said he was gonna take the kids to the library, was gonna open every book once and put it down to look for lorebooks!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you go with a bus from work and the guy sitting next to you stinks (forgot to put a deodorant on, or just does not care) and the first descriptive word that comes to your mind for that stench is "debuff" :smiley:
  • UrBaN_RaNgErZz
    When you log off for the night and in bed you find yourself thinking "how can I improve my build" or "what is on the agenda for tomorrow".
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere, but lunch break doesn't allow me to search too long for it:

When you have both the Grand Overlord and the Master Angler titles available for display.
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    This game helped me discover Yerba Mate (which I am very grateful for!).

I was never exposed to it before playing ESO and one day I found it at the grocery store to my surprise, tried it, and now I'm hooked!

Doesn't give me the jitters on days when I have high anxiety and gives me a real mood lift. I love when video games expose you to real world goodies like this!
    Edited by HotToddy on September 22, 2016 11:30PM
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    You mistake your dad as a flesh atonrach and grab 2 knifes and perform rapid strikes untill he dies
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Ragdoll
    Ragdoll
    ✭✭✭
    You hear an airplane somewhere in the distance and think "Oh, a thieves trove must be near..."
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When, while in a cafe with your real life friends, you call someone a "fotm cancerous pug", and they look at you funny.

When you go to a grocery store and think about selling your useless junk to the grocer instead for easy gold.

Speaking of currency, when you refer to "pounds" as "gold" in your macroeconomics essay.

When you wish you paid as much attention to the fluctuations of real life markets as you do to the rise and fall of the columbines and alloys' prices.

When you wake up and think about those tedious daily quests that you have to do irl too.

When you have more anger and resentement towards a velidreth/viper nightblade who ganked you than towards the b**** who went to the prom with your ex.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And another one, this time from my boyfriend rather than me: When about to check the timetable at a bus stop "I wonder how often this bus spawns" :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, something else happened to me the other day. I was playing ESO and reading this hilarious conversation in guild chat, and then spent a long moment wondering how to give someone's "comment" an awesome :D I think I'm spending too much time on the forums!
    PC/EU DC
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you remember looting random objects in your dreams and seeing the auto looted objects pop up on the side of your dream screen.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on October 24, 2016 11:45AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When You see a girl irl and you assume it's just another guy
    Edited by DannyLV702 on October 24, 2016 11:47AM
  • SamuraiJohn
    Jute is nice
  • SamuraiJohn
    Trying to post comments to up my forum level so i can get a bug fixed. Yay...
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Last night while having a conversation with someone, I found myself standing like one of the stances in the Brassy Assassin's personality and thought, ohmygod..:) I don't think I have ever stood this way before.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ragdoll wrote: »
    You hear an airplane somewhere in the distance and think "Oh, a thieves trove must be near..."

Wait...what? Is there a noise to them? I never noticed it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • leemcky
    leemcky
    When you have a dream that Red Mountain erupted and you couldnt escape Vivec City in time. True story
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    ...when you have to watch your speech patterns so you don't refer to yourself as 'this one'.
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    natewook wrote: »
    when you see a wild flower and and instantly think of picking them for potions.
    That and...

-- having a brief urge to grab a butterfly you've spotted for insect parts
    -- driving past a Burger King and referring to it as BRK instead of BK
    -- referring to heavy traffic as lag
    -- getting really good at silently mouthing cursing fits so you don't wake anyone up while PvPing

Um, you mean heavy traffic ISN'T lag? Well, that explains why the new video card I soldered into my car didn't help any. Damn, you could have told me before. Oh well, at least I didn't install the terabit network card yet. :(
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    You mistake your dad as a flesh atonrach and grab 2 knifes and perform rapid strikes untill he dies

So...I'm guessing we won't see you again for another 20 years or so?