Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I believe your team should also look into the issue of ESO Plus membership just disappearing. Yesterday, two different people, myself included, randomly lost our membership when we are current. This has happened multiple times before to different people. Sometimes a hard reset of your Xbox has resolved the issue, but other times a support ticket has been required and unfortunately this appears to be case this time.

It's very frustrating to pay for something and have a glitch prevent access to said subscription. While this is uncommon, I believe it is worth examining and fixing at some point.
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

While this is uncommon

it is not uncommon. It happens to me every time my ESO plus renews and I hear people in guild chat complaining about it all the time.

• Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , will this patch also help with the npc and fellow players character loading or are we still going to see blank characters and missing npc's?
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is support's second response to the ticket I opened:
    We are currently investigating reports that some players are experiencing issues logging into some of their characters or excessive crashing.

In order to rule out any possible causes for this issue, please first try the troubleshooting outlined in this help article. If you continue to experience trouble with this, please reply back to this email so we could investigate further.
    You can keep updated on this issue by reading this forum post.

Thank you for your interest and support!

Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

My god, the incompetence of the support team.
    EDIT: "support" still refuses to engage with my specific issue and request.

Edited by The_Lex on July 5, 2016 6:04PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by The_Lex on July 5, 2016 5:50PM
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    (Cross-posted to the PlayStation 4 Technical Support forum area)

There is still one edge-case crash cause in Orsinium that we are working on a fix for, but it is easily avoidable. If you Wayshrine into Orsinium (the city) and quickly run into the city, especially with a movement speed buff on, you may crash. Waiting a few seconds before moving after you Wayshrine into Orsinium will greatly reduce the likelihood that you will crash. This issue will be fixed in a future patch.

As long as we can enter the Fighter's Guild building where the bank is without the game crashing, I can live with having to wait a moment or two at the nearby wayshrine.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "edge case", @ZOS_JessicaFolsom do you mean every time I wayshrine anywhere and don't wait at least 90 seconds before walking at normal speed in any direction or looking at the map or entering the start menu screen at all?
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    I am now losing connection to the server about 60 seconds after I access my lore book library. So basically I am getting kicked after each lore book acquired. Making my lore book hunt take 3 times as long as needed.
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Been kicked 16 times in the last 2 hours. Just wanted to say how much your game sucks and how much I hate to play it now. Time for Rally Dirt. Fix this by tomorrow or maybe I'll permanently find something else to spend my money on.
  • korey175ub17_ESO
    Been kicked 16 times in the last 2 hours. Just wanted to say how much your game sucks and how much I hate to play it now. Time for Rally Dirt. Fix this by tomorrow or maybe I'll permanently find something else to spend my money on.

That's crazy as this happening to me a couple weeks ago. I deleted and reinstalled it's seemed to help. I have only been kicked twice in the last week. Not sure if you have tried this but I hope maybe it helps.
  • shocky1025
    shocky1025
    ✭✭
    I am trapped in Orsinium!
    GT: shocky1025
    NA Server

Please get me unstuck! I hate paying for an ESO plus membership that I can't use and having purchased a game I can't play!
    Edited by shocky1025 on July 5, 2016 11:57PM
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭

That's crazy as this happening to me a couple weeks ago. I deleted and reinstalled it's seemed to help. I have only been kicked twice in the last week. Not sure if you have tried this but I hope maybe it helps.

You know what... it might be worth doing this. Might as well exhaust all my options and workarounds.

But even if this fixes my issue, at the heart of all this is confidence. I simply lack confidence in the game's development team to consistently release new DLC that works properly. With each subsequent DLC they have made the game more and more unstable. And it wouldn't be half as bad if it only affected the new content. No, they manage to somehow bug the original content that was working. How you gonna update a game and break what was previously working just fine?

So even if reinstalling and even if tomorrow's patch fix these kicking issues for now, I fear that the DLC in August will just introduce more and perhaps worse bugs. Why should I continue to play and invest time and real money into a game that may ultimately wind up unplayable. I mean, I actually had a situation where my main character was perma-stuck for 3 days. I had to load and reload and reload, each time moving 3 meters or so. I placed over 100 tickets and was ignored.

Lack of confidence in the dev team combined with a complete lack of any technical support. So even if the game became completely stable by tomorrow, I fear it will just go back to being broken next DLC. Am I to put up with this for another year?
  • korey175ub17_ESO

You know what... it might be worth doing this. Might as well exhaust all my options and workarounds.

But even if this fixes my issue, at the heart of all this is confidence. I simply lack confidence in the game's development team to consistently release new DLC that works properly. With each subsequent DLC they have made the game more and more unstable. And it wouldn't be half as bad if it only affected the new content. No, they manage to somehow bug the original content that was working. How you gonna update a game and break what was previously working just fine?

So even if reinstalling and even if tomorrow's patch fix these kicking issues for now, I fear that the DLC in August will just introduce more and perhaps worse bugs. Why should I continue to play and invest time and real money into a game that may ultimately wind up unplayable. I mean, I actually had a situation where my main character was perma-stuck for 3 days. I had to load and reload and reload, each time moving 3 meters or so. I placed over 100 tickets and was ignored.

Lack of confidence in the dev team combined with a complete lack of any technical support. So even if the game became completely stable by tomorrow, I fear it will just go back to being broken next DLC. Am I to put up with this for another year?

I completely agree. I just got the game 2 months ago and let me say this has been a less than optimal start to a game I have been excited for since it was first announced. Even before it was announced I played Skyrim and wished I could play it with my buddies. Now we have this....

I hope the next patch doesn't cause these issues although it seems to be routine from what I have read here. Since it's not offering a new zone (2 new dungeons yes but not large open areas) maybe it will be less of an issue. Who knows. I just know I'm stuck playing for now and flagging issues I have to be fixed. Here is to a less buggy future!!
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    Well the patch didnt work for me, still crash when i try to log onto any of my characters, ...
  • korey175ub17_ESO
    :/
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    gl0wgl0w wrote: »
    Well the patch didnt work for me, still crash when i try to log onto any of my characters, ...

Where are those characters located?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w

Where are those characters located?

They were moved to a safe location in Auridon
  • ZorroDeMar
    ZorroDeMar
    ✭✭
    No fix so far, but lots of new stuff for the crown. Why spending more money on a game that crash?

Instead of releasing more DLC, you should be working on the fix.

On top of that you are going to sell 2 more dungeons for a game that crash.

They should be free for all the times to we lose a fight or a good loot because you haven't fix the crashing bug.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Just to make sure we're on the same page, your characters are in Auridon now and you're crashing to dashboard when you try to log into them?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    I was able to play a total of 3 days since the new dlc on June 14th...everytime i try to log into any of my characters my game crashes, ive spent alot of time andmoney on thosecharacters, lots of time emailing back and forth with support and the patch i have been waiting for to fix my game didn't work
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was able to play a total of 3 days since the new dlc on June 14th...everytime i try to log into any of my characters my game crashes, ive spent alot of time andmoney on thosecharacters, lots of time emailing back and forth with support and the patch i have been waiting for to fix my game didn't work

This has been my gripe. I've demanded support to either refund my sub fee for June or to provide some other form of compensation. Support responded three times with copy/paste responses, completely ignoring my demand for compensation for being sold a defective product. It's like they're not reading my ticket.

They have no idea . . . I will keep hounding and opening new tickets until I am satisfied with their response.
    Edited by The_Lex on July 6, 2016 3:04PM
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Patch didn't work for me either. Still getting kicked after each purple lore book. Booted 3 times in 20 minutes.
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w

Just to make sure we're on the same page, your characters are in Auridon now and you're crashing to dashboard when you try to log into them?

Yes, i crash everytime i try to log into any of my characters, and they were moved to Auridon

Gamertag gl0wgl0w
    Character names Glowi
    and Glow Glow
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well no ones responding to my post but I'm having possibly the same problem but since patch this morning. Everytime I open eso I get dashboarded. The game does not even load
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    Well no ones responding to my post but I'm having possibly the same problem but since patch this morning. Everytime I open eso I get dashboarded. The game does not even load
    Been happening to me since the dlc on june 14th, thats why you havent seen me around
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been happening to me since the dlc on june 14th, thats why you havent seen me around

I can't complain too much your guys are easier to kill w/o you healing! Haha just kidding it really needs to be fixed we should be able to at least play and experience the dashboards and lag with everyone else.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w

I can't complain too much your guys are easier to kill w/o you healing! Haha just kidding it really needs to be fixed we should be able to at least play and experience the dashboards and lag with everyone else.

Yeah they need to fix my account, because this is been to long that they havent fixed it...
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character got stuck in orsinium AFTER todays patch! I put a ticket in, i cant even load character up it just dashboards me.....

GT - Buffmeisterflex
    Char name - dumpus maximus

Xbox one eu
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    This time it is a bit much, ZOS, you need to get your priorities straight and FIX these literal game breaking issues, it literally is unplayable for a LOT of people, and I can't travel for more than 10 seconds (if that) before getting slammed with a loading screen, unless I get bogged down fighting invisible enemies! This isn't The Legend of Zelda, there is no Lens of Truth to reveal them...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom i noticed you requested feedback on a different thread re: todays patch, but i cant find that thread so.....

I took one of my characters to orsinium (Puffy The Slayer - Xbox EU AD) I was able to load in to orsinium wayshrine quite quickly, I waited at the wayshrine for all NPCs to fully render (which took 30 sec), was able to pick up writs/complete writs with no lag, or dashboarding. I walked everywhere to reduce the risk of lag/kicking but got kicked to dashboard handing them in. I was unable to launch the game following getting kicked. I did a hard reset on my Console, game will now launch but character is now trapped in Orsinium. so while a lot of the issues have clearly been resolved, the issues are far from resolved.