The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why health regen nerf on orc and nord?

artal
artal
✭✭✭
I'm trying to figure out why this happened. This 2 races got nothing in return for these nerfs and I don't really think it was needed.
Among other things i play health regen build, and honestly dont think its that OP. It has its counters now and you have to sacrifice a lot to achieve really high regen, but than your other stats are really on low side. If you go for mediocre regen (you are tanky but not that much) all your other stats would also be mediocre.
Its a build where you have to find that sweet spot between health regen, dmg and stam or magicka regen. And be good at sustaining yourself . Really don't think it deserved nerf since its not really "I have high regen nobody can touch me build".

If orc and nord got something else useful for pvp I would be fine, but its not the case so I ask you zeni to reconsider.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless something has changed defile cuts health regen in half, and like you say it takes a lot of sacrifice to get health regen to do anything for you. Why they think its OP is beyond me but they seem fixated over anything related to tanking.

Edited by Armitas on June 28, 2016 12:37PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it would make sense if they would actually make health regen an important stat. Unfortunately, that's not the case...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only guess is that they did it to fit the max stam in. If so why not nerf frost resistance instead?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    My only guess is that they did it to fit the max stam in. If so why not nerf frost resistance instead?

Probably, i was bit pi##ed and just saw inspiration and drink duration increase. Failed to notice increase in stamina and healing received. Those are nice changes but It still bugs me that health regen has taken the hit since i only played those 2 races because of it
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah me too. I would much rather they fit it in by nerfing frost resist.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the healing received more than make up for it? Health recovery is very slow so, as a tank, healing received being increased will make up for any loss in health recovery. You will get more healing and faster
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I can tell you exactly what happened: PvP troll builds. ZOS has a history of hating (and nerfing) any PvP build that seems "unkillable", regardless of the fact that you can't kill anything with these builds.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they did it because most people find Health Recovery to be a lackluster stat,

Base Health Recovery is very low at 309. If you ran 3 recovery enchants at 169 each that gets you to 816.

If you had a 30% health regen passive:

816*1.3=1061, so an additional 245 health every 2 seconds.

So you would get an extra 245 health back every 2 seconds on a build that sacrifices all Jewelry enchants for Health Recovery.

Meanwhile, most decent HoTs in the game (Vigor, Rapid Regen etc) provide way more healing per second.

99% of people would perform better with more stam and healing received than with Health Recovery. 30% health recovery sounds nice, but when you look at the actual numbers it is very underwhelming.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because now he gets an extra 10% inspiration that does absolutely nothing for my maxed crafter......
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah would take healing over recovery...but for nord... health recovery really meshed well with mDK and heavy armor.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because health recovery is a lackluster stat that only had use in a few gimmicky builds and was replaced by far more useful passives that are really beneficial to a large number of builds.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There goes my 100k hp Orc emperor 11k health recovory blazing shield build idea.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel ,

Please consider removing health regen outright.

It isn't that useful, isn't fun, and is just a remaining fragment of an older game.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They view it as a buff, I'm sure.

It is a nerf in my eyes, but eh, I get it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel ,

It isn't that useful, isn't fun, and is just a remaining fragment of an older game.

Speak for yourself. I find it useful and fun and I do good with it.

@CasNation I get it that bigger population will benefit from bit more stam and healing (still kind of dont think people will pick nord for this small stam buff), but I just ask was 10% health regen that OP to be removed?
    Edited by artal on June 28, 2016 4:46PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7k health regen is more than any vigor cast. Its rediculous how much it is. You do need T build for it, but I had a non vamp blazing shield build centered around healthcovery maxing and it was op. Although in really big zergs it was pointless
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the Nord's nerf either. Nord's racials are geared towards tanking, and health recovery can be great in certain PVP tank builds. If ZOS feels it needs to nerf it, why not replace it with a bonus actually useful for a tank, such as stamina recovery, magicka recovery, or CC break cost reduction?
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel ,

Agreed.

There's a reason most of the people I craft stuff for prefer tristat food to tristat drink, and prefer wrothgar drinks that boost max health and magika/stamina regen to conventional drinks that boost health regen and magika/stamina regen.

Max health makes you noticeably harder to kill, health regen doesn't.
    (Except in a handful of gimmick builds).
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, what?

Didn't Nords get a 6% stamina increase to replace the 10% health recovery they're losing and don't Orcs now receive 5% additional healing received for their 10%?

It's not as though you got nothing from the exchange, although I will admit Orc change is totally useless as it serves the exact same function as before, just thru an alternative method.
    Argonian forever
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel ,

Um, no. I have a dk running a health regeneration build. I hit 4 k health regeneration buffed. Very hard for other to kill me. And it is very fun to play.
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if they thought it was Op I think they thought it was lackluster and some healing bonus would be better. Health regen is not normally the most sought after build I think more people actually benefit from more healing. Although I have thought about trying a regen build
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    because i sended to much people to the salt mines who tried to Xv1 bomb me, while still surviving with 7k health regen and 4K weapon damage on PTS

how?
    5x perma frost
    5x fury
    +wrath heavy armor passives

"sure not OP at all"

it kinda needed a little bit of nerf, but u can reduce some1s helth regen with poisons and dat disease sh*t.
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Orc is not happy about this.

My Argonian isn't happy about his changes either.

We can add Khajiit to the elite races now though. They are so crap at balance it's unreal. Who remembers when they buffed Altmer? It didn't even make it passed the 1st week of PTS iirc.
    PC EU