The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Back After Hiatus - Crafting Questions

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm back after a while away, and really enjoying the new content.

I thought I might get back to work on my crafting, and have a few questions.

1. Can I craft directly from one of my guild banks, or do I need to pull items from there and stick them in my crafting bag?
2. What's the easiest way to find the items with the right traits to break down to fill in the gaps in my crafting knowledge?
3. Are there recommended guild vendors (NA - PC) for motifs?
4. Or are there bosses I should farm for them?

Thanks for your help!

Rain
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I think you'll have to pull them out of your guild bank.
    2. Search in guild traders or ask friends to make them for you
    3. Most traders carry motifs, so just shop around. The biggest traders are in rawlka, the undaunted enclave cities, orsinium, and craglorn.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Motifs are often found in Urns etc - amongst other things like receipes.
    But safest way is to buy them from guild traders.
  • Carokube
    Carokube
    ✭✭✭
    Different motifs come from different places. Some from urns, wardrobes, desks, or other containers in the world, some from bosses, some from other things.

Check out this thread for some helpful advice on motif farming:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/275660/do-motifs-drop-anywhere-in-tamriel/p1
    Trade Guilds | Shatner's Trade Dominion | Blackbriar Barter Co | Black Dragon Apothecary | The Ska'vyn Bazaar
    PVE Guilds | The Shogunate
    The CaroCrew | Jesulon (DC) | Jilandara (DC) | Juniper Wind (AD) | Jostine (AD) | Jura (EP) | Jtala (EP) | Jysha (EP)
    CP600!!+ (and still not a vMA clear) | NA | PC
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    1. The matts you have in your bank or crafting bags are available to use whenever you visit a crafting station.

2. easiest way to find items for research is to join a big trade guild and ask in guild chat. You should be able to find someone willing to make you an item matching your needs easily enough that way.

3. The biggest trade guilds on NA PC are in Rawl'kha. Other good locations are the three faction capitols. (Mournhold, Wayrest, and Elden Root)

4.Rather then list the ways to acquire the many craftable styles here is a link to a forum thread that does it already:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260228/all-motifs-updated-list/p1
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis