The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Covetous Countess Bugged

Eshenya
Eshenya
✭✭
I just collected the 3 items in question and upon cleaning the last item, the quest tracker suddenly showed 0/3 again but when I go into the quest text it suggest I have the items and should deliver them, the arrow also points to the npc but when I go up to her she won't take the wares.
Has anyone else the bug and is it worth it just getting 3 other items or will it just bug again and it's better to abandon the quest altogether?
This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • Lawieke
    Lawieke
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, twice already...

it keeps repeating the same request, but getting the same items as requested, does nothing to the quest.
    I keep abandon those quests....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshenya wrote: »
    Has anyone else the bug and is it worth it just getting 3 other items or will it just bug again and it's better to abandon the quest altogether?

I have had the quest tracker weird out on me with this one.

However, of the approximately 10 Countess Quests I have done, I have been able to do 9 of them with no problem. One I had to open another Laundered Shipment Container and use the items from there. By the way, that is how you really do the Countess Quests is keep 2 or 3 stacks of items from the Laundered Shipments and she takes those. No need to Steal and Launder for each mission. The only time I ever stole and laundered was for the first quest, which was the one that weirded out on me come to think of it. I solved that one at the time by Laundering something else.

There are several items in each category, and she only asks for like 3 categories of stuff, so what I think happens is one or two of the items don't categorize correctly after laundering.

IIRC, it is Tools, Utensils and Supplies that she looks for. It may be the items that are in multiple categories are the ones that don't launder correctly. But, not sure on that.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We've taken a quick look at this quest and weren't able to pin down which of the variants isn't performing properly. Any more specifics you can provide will help us narrow this issue down quicker. What is the exact tracker goal text? What is the exact journal text?

In the meantime, we'll keeping looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports!
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • FoRgE2052
    FoRgE2052
    ✭✭
    Just completed the quest line myself with no issue.

I picked up the quest last night and forgot about it. While skulking around Anvil I pick pocketed the first item and remembered the quest. I continued my little pilfering spree and was able to collect two more items for the quest line.

I gathered and laundered with no issue:
    Fragrant Perfume Bottle (Green quality)
    Pole Ring Pouch (White quality)
    Theatrical Makeup Kit (Green quality)

After delivering them to the Countess in Windhelm I was directed back to Kari in the Den where I turned in the quest with no issue.

My suggestion would be to try doing the quest again, make note of what items you're trying to launder and if it does it again ZOS has the item names to check against in recreating the issue.
    "Your opponent's sword is not your enemy. Watch your opponent, not his sword." -The Book of Circles, Loredas Maxims
    CR 461
    Imperial DK Tank/S-DPS
    Altmer Templar Healer/M-DPS
    Khajiit Nightblade S-DPS
    Altmer Sorc M-DPS
    Orc Sorc S-DPS
    Dunmer DK M-DPS
    Redguard Templar S-DPS
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We've taken a quick look at this quest and weren't able to pin down which of the variants isn't performing properly. Any more specifics you can provide will help us narrow this issue down quicker. What is the exact tracker goal text? What is the exact journal text?

In the meantime, we'll keeping looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports!

It go wrong when you have to deliver In Baandari Trading Post. That is in Malabal Tor. However the Quest Markers tells you to go to Rawl' Kha in Reapers March. You can deliver in Malabal Tor , Just Ignore the marker on the map who is pointing wrong.
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    @Darkheart - That particular issue has been fixed internally and should make it to the Live servers in a patch soon.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post