A New class should be a priority for Devs, and i hope it happens

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    ZO$, won't add any new class or combat abilities ,again!. They have changed their model into a $$Crown $tore$$ business model.
    But think about all the $$$ to be made in the crown store on extra character slots and mount training if they added a new class!

As much as I used to want more classes added, I don't anymore. They seem to be having enough trouble balancing (and re-balancing, and re-re-balancing) the classes that already exist.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • illusionarythade
    illusionarythade
    ✭✭✭
    Just throwing my spare gold in:

Considering the current difficulty of keeping classes balanced, I would love to see new classes added but I don't think now is the right time for such.

Rather I believe the basic game weapons skill lines should be expanded upon and fleshed out much more before classes are considered.

Concepts such as:

Unarmed Skill; Using hand wraps as weapons that can be created with the Clothier crafting skill (Under a weapon section like shields in woodwork) Passive skills that support stamina management and faster movement, dodging and blocking and such. As passives increase they could add new animations that unlock to represent skill involved. Active abilities could include a fusion of Ki attacks and martial arts.

Wyrd Magic; Nature magic, either using a staff or a talisman or some such to represent weapon. Which could include Support style magic and some heal options and maybe a summon to pull aggro. Passive abilities to manage magicka and such.

^--- Those are just random ideas that I had already thought of but you get the idea, I feel "weapons" skills area could be expanded on much more with very different styles of weapons and equipment to use the abilities involved.

"Use nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury."

.: Fehn-reil Bosmer Craftsman [AD] :. | .: Teiali Bosmer Warden Support [EP] :.
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're missing an ice mage
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    while I would love to see a new class ZOS needs to fix and overhual Sorcerers first a class they broke even more with DB before they even consider making a new class.

Overhaul sorcerers?? Wtf are you on dude
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix the original 4 classes before adding more complexity to the problem of class balance.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    I would rather see them add new weapon types with new skill lines. Maybe a second nonstamina weapon.

Staves are pretty much it.

Illusion Staff? (like Abnur Tharn)

Could work. Then people wouldn't hate NBs so much :p

Screw Tharn though gimme my own Khajiit Beech Illusion Staff with Damage Enchantment lol

Bring on the damn wabajack (spelling) let me turn mofos into mofukin chickens in cyrodil.
    Edited by Unsent.Soul on June 30, 2016 9:11PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    We're missing an ice mage

Yes. Yes we are.
    I would rather see them add new weapon types with new skill lines. Maybe a second nonstamina weapon.

Staves are pretty much it.

Illusion Staff? (like Abnur Tharn)

Could work. Then people wouldn't hate NBs so much :p

Screw Tharn though gimme my own Khajiit Beech Illusion Staff with Damage Enchantment lol

Bring on the damn wabbajack let me turn mofos into mofukin chickens in cyrodil.

I don't know if Uncle Sheo would approve of you shooting things with his stick...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely not.

Adding a couple extra in-class morphs would have way more depth.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bit off topic but why capitalize 'DEVS'?

Surely the capitalized bit should be the point of the post such as 'PRIORITY'

I mean, why capitalize 'Devs'? It's not like the Support team are gonna be the ones doing it. XD
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can understand the sentiment, but I believe the worst thing the dev's could do at this time is introduce a new class...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new classes... despite balance they can't even get skills to work properly on original classes. Skills that have been broken since release. You want a new class with more of these issues?

Yes, I actually do. For some at this point the bugfixes or getting every class to be perfectly balanced(you can keep dreaming, but it won't ever happen) wouldn't make the game any more interesting.
  • AtAfternoon
    AtAfternoon
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see skills given additional morphs instead of a new class. And I'd rather see spell crafting and a stamina variation of it before I see additional morphs.
  • Galbrant
    Galbrant
    ✭✭
    Well I do want to see Battle Mages class where they get more Magicka for wearing Heavy Armor and Agents who wear clothe armor making them more stealthy.
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaedur wrote: »
    A New class i believe should be an important priority for DEVS. I feel this way because it could:

1) add a play-style this game does not have, to appeal to more players
    2) add replay ability for hardcore players who have played the four classes to death
    3) add a revenue source by making it a pay to play class, or free with ESo plus (yes I'm suggesting this)

Here are my suggestions:
    Bard - Magicka Buffs group , Stamina Debuffs Monsters
    Ranger - Archer class, can do uniquie morphs to bow skills to be Magicka or stamina based
    Necro - Cause i like necro'ing old threads/ideas
    Spellsword - everything scales off the "LOWEST" of total Magicka and stamina.. a true hybrid class

Those are my ideas.. Could come up with more,but these seem to fit the Elderscrolls world, imo
    Vaedur wrote: »
    A New class i believe should be an important priority for DEVS. I feel this way because it could:

1) add a play-style this game does not have, to appeal to more players
    2) add replay ability for hardcore players who have played the four classes to death
    3) add a revenue source by making it a pay to play class, or free with ESo plus (yes I'm suggesting this)

Here are my suggestions:
    Bard - Magicka Buffs group , Stamina Debuffs Monsters
    Ranger - Archer class, can do uniquie morphs to bow skills to be Magicka or stamina based
    Necro - Cause i like necro'ing old threads/ideas
    Spellsword - everything scales off the "LOWEST" of total Magicka and stamina.. a true hybrid class

Those are my ideas.. Could come up with more,but these seem to fit the Elderscrolls world, imo

Suggestion.

Make a Necromancer class and move the Sorc's pets.

Necromancer can have more "dark magic"-like spells and even curses to buff/debuff.

Sorc's daedric summoning line can be replaced with conjuration. Like bound armor, add bound weapons. When toggled, you can use weapon skills like steel tornado etc. that will scale off of magicka and deal magic damage, and retain their original effects.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Azoryl
    Azoryl
    ✭✭✭
    A new class is not needed...
    They need to drop classes altogether and allow people to pick 3 active skill lines ...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azoryl wrote: »
    A new class is not needed...
    They need to drop classes altogether and allow people to pick 3 active skill lines ...

No, they don't. There will be no cookie cutting in TESO!
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

We got 4 Magicka Weapons according to Wrobel...

Technically hes right Restoration, Ice, Fire, and Lightning all have their own staff thus 4 weapons.
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    No new classes.

Spellcrafting is a must. Skillcrafting would be nice too, add additional Stamina abilities to the weapons. The classes we have are fine as a starting point but there needs to be a larger universal variety of abilities to choose from. As well as good viable choices. Some of the stuff from the guilds is highly underused.

I would like to see a class with ice though. Not a single one has anything related to ice but I guess there is always the destruction with mages guild route.
    Lokryn wrote: »
    I would rather see more Weapon Skills.

I will agree on this but having to pay for a new weapon skill line would be P2W in this B2P environment assuming its a new weapon to use. I would like to see Martial Arts "unarmed combat without being unarmed basically", Lance & Shield, and last but not least flails.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new classes. But a new weapon or two would be cool.

On the theorycrafting/imagination side though....It would be cool if each class could split into two different sub classes.....I mean, it KIND of does since some skills are now morphed as stamina and some are magicka, but they could do much better.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish the Warden hadn't been canned. They were the one class which might have been enough to my tastes to have me subscribe and stay subscribed from the start. Though I always thought they were mad for having classes at all.

What we need is the long-ago promised spellcrafting.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer. So I can raise the dead to aid me in battle.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may be among the minority but I still wish they'd just drop the classes altogether and just offer Skill Lines that people could pick (say mains 3 per character) so people can customize as they choose.

It would sure as hell make "balancing" easier for them, and we'd see a lot less "NERF X CLASS PL0X!!!!!" spam on the forums.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    No, we have a Mage (Templar/Sorc) Thief (Nightblade) and Warrior (DK)

I'm a rare Mage (Nightblade). lol

New class? Maybe... what about class specialization? Like Sorcerer being able to change to Necromancer for example, and earning a new 4th perk with summoning and debuffs.

Um what? Nightblades are obviously assassin/thief class due to their stealth ability.
    Yet they do all that with "Shadow Magic" and they even have a passive called "Magicka Flood"

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should remove classes entirely and reintroduce the schools of magic and perhaps one or two more weapon types for stamina uses.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, we have a Mage (Templar/Sorc) Thief (Nightblade) and Warrior (DK)

I'm a rare Mage (Nightblade). lol

New class? Maybe... what about class specialization? Like Sorcerer being able to change to Necromancer for example, and earning a new 4th perk with summoning and debuffs.

Um what? Nightblades are obviously assassin/thief class due to their stealth ability.
    Yet they do all that with "Shadow Magic" and they even have a passive called "Magicka Flood"

They also use Magicka to execute at a distance.
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they did a new class I'd want it to be something like Bard.

Every class skill line is buffs for other players, Bard naturally has the lowest damage potential of all the classes.

The salt would be glorious.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on July 1, 2016 12:47AM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lets say they DO add a new class or heck even just the spellcrafting (which in this fantasy includes stamina abilities).

Does it require a DLC purchase/sub?????

Before you race and answer F2P.....Thieves guild line and Dark Brother hood, I had to by the expansions for just to have.

A new class/ Spellcrafting wouldn't be a necessity except maybe for PVP.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    So lets say they DO add a new class or heck even just the spellcrafting (which in this fantasy includes stamina abilities).

Does it require a DLC purchase/sub?????

Before you race and answer F2P.....Thieves guild line and Dark Brother hood, I had to by the expansions for just to have.

A new class/ Spellcrafting wouldn't be a necessity except maybe for PVP.

They will not lock active abilities behind a paywall. That's why TG and DB are all passives.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't ZO$, add a new weapon skill like spear,knuckles and necro staff?

Edited by Van_0S on July 1, 2016 3:30AM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No new classes... despite balance they can't even get skills to work properly on original classes. Skills that have been broken since release. You want a new class with more of these issues?

If ZOS waits with releasing a new class until they have everything fixed and balanced, there will never be a new class.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.