Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the strangest creature you think is "kinda cute"

• Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are cute.
    two rules though
    1. Don't get them wet
    2. Don't feed them after midnight.
    Guars are cuter though!!
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One does not simply debate the cutest creature in Tamriel without first seeing this:

help_mudcrab__by_darka117-d5tih73.jpg

Lemme put that in perspective for you-
    giant-crab-1.jpg

Still think it's cute? :p
  • Glyntt
    Glyntt
    Sylvan Nixad gets my vote. It coos, cuts flips and is always happy. He eats a lot of torchbugs, but I lovvvve my little greenspeaker buddy.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit are cute.
    two rules though
    1. Don't get them wet
    2. Don't feed them after midnight.
    Guars are cuter though!!

Same rules apply to my fiance :trollface:
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is the strangest creature that I think is kinda cute ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Nix Hounds. I love how they were updated for ESO, and I'd been clamoring for a nix hound pet since before the game launched.

@ZOS_AlanG you forgot to push for them to be normal sized :p
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Since you asked, the first thing to come to mind was "my husband." :trollface:

The ESO creature I think is kind of cute is my clannfear.

Oh and netches!

Edited to add netches :)

Better be careful that betty netch of yours may turn into a real killer
    One does not simply debate the cutest creature in Tamriel without first seeing this:

What about this @UltimaJoe777
    5932-1-1326302818.jpg
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and netches!

You are a really happy lady if this was your first thought - congratulations.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nixad! The little noises and flips it does are funny and the wild ones sometimes hover near resources so they even kind of help you!

I want to buy the dark one though, not the light one! Almost bought it, but want to wait and see if they release the one I want.

I can't use my "Guts" avatar without his Puck! (Berzerk)

oh yes, I like the Nixad around as well - they have something soothing, which makes me feel good.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    6a47a9ff4d.png
    Not a big fan of spiders (although I hope to overcome this fear), but the little guys are pretty cute looking :)
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nords
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaldaAinur wrote: »
    6a47a9ff4d.png
    Not a big fan of spiders (although I hope to overcome this fear), but the little guys are pretty cute looking :)

Try one of these - just make no fast or sudden moves, and you will be "environment" for them and they will stay calm.
    _41779544_tarantula416.jpg

Web-creating spiders are not that cute though - like this bark spider - those were discovered very late in 2009 in Madagaskar. My partner works with the spider silk proteins of this spider, some of those silk proteins create a self-assembling string, which is about 10 times stronger than kevlar - we try to find ways to get this into industrial production, but it is quite hard and so far no one had success with it.
    SKY20110606115503DD.jpg
    Edited by Lysette on July 1, 2016 5:27PM
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    6a47a9ff4d.png

Try one of these - just make no fast or sudden moves, and you will be "environment" for them and they will stay calm.
    I intend to get a pet tarantula when I have the room for it (it's a deathwish for mister spider with a cat around), and yeah the mexican redknee seems to be a pretty relaxed species. I prefer the look of the curlyhair though.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

giant-crab-1.jpg

Crabs and lobsters are pretty much like the spiders of the sea- alien looking, but sometimes can be endearing.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumnog.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the derpy little Chub Loons.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giant-crab-1.jpg

Crabs and lobsters are pretty much like the spiders of the sea- alien looking, but sometimes can be endearing.

Alien looking is relative - meet Anomalocaris, the top predator of the cambrian era
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ice47loNmsc
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glyntt wrote: »
    Sylvan Nixad gets my vote. It coos, cuts flips and is always happy. He eats a lot of torchbugs, but I lovvvve my little greenspeaker buddy.

Yes! They are absolutely adorable!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh and netches!

might wanna cleansing ritual him after that burn :p

ignore my last fail before edit aha :dizzy:
    Edited by dsalter on July 1, 2016 5:52PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i always loved how the morrowind style scribs looked, i used to rest in an area outside a modded house i had to try spawn several of them since they wouldnt despawn and i'd just watch and listen to them as they walked about my plantation doing their thing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFb0G-5utd4

i was actually sad when i loaded up the beta and came across my first "scrib", only to find they now look more like cheap facehuggers :(
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    6a47a9ff4d.png

Web-creating spiders are not that cute though - like this bark spider - those were discovered very late in 2009 in Madagaskar. My partner works with the spider silk proteins of this spider, some of those silk proteins create a self-assembling string, which is about 10 times stronger than kevlar - we try to find ways to get this into industrial production, but it is quite hard and so far no one had success with it.
    SKY20110606115503DD.jpg
    Still pretty cool though, if not cute, no?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6a47a9ff4d.png

SKY20110606115503DD.jpg

Cute is not the factor with bark spider silk - whoever gets this into a way, to produce this spider silk on industrial scale, will create a multi-billion dollar business - a bullet proof polo shirt with a much less secure fiber goes for 10,000 US$ a piece - now imagine what this would be with a much stronger spider silk fiber - the market for it is huge, basically all security forces and police fast response units will need this kind of protection. We are working on it, but if we will achieve it in time, is the risky part of the business - but who does not try won't ever get to it. And if not, Biotech is fun and exciting in itself.

Other fields of applications would be in aviation and for drones, which is more my field of work - I would love to have such a fiber in quantity to make drones sturdy while being extremely light weight - especially for flying drones this would be very beneficial. And maybe some day we might be able to make flapping flight possible on drones, those fibers are very elastic and would be good for tensegrity structures in flexible wings. But this is a far goal - I am looking into Pterosaurs of the late Cretaceous though, because they seem to have had such a structure in their wings.

This spider has a huge variety of different silks, what makes the research not that easy and it will take years to get to it.
    Edited by Lysette on July 1, 2016 6:42PM
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    6a47a9ff4d.png

SKY20110606115503DD.jpg

Cute is not the factor with bark spider silk - whoever gets this into a way, to produce this spider silk on industrial scale, will create a multi-billion dollar business - a bullet proof polo shirt with a much less secure fiber goes for 10,000 US$ a piece - now imagine what this would be with a much stronger spider silk fiber - the market for it is huge, basically all security forces and police fast response units will need this kind of protection. We are working on it, but if we will achieve it in time, is the risky part of the business - but who does not try won't ever get to it. And if not, Biotech is fun and exciting in itself.

You misunderstand, I meant if it's not cute, then it's still certainly cool. That;s one spider I'm not going to poke lol :D

And that's pretty cool
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giant-crab-1.jpg

Don't underestimate the power of the moecrab!
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Nix Hounds. I love how they were updated for ESO, and I'd been clamoring for a nix hound pet since before the game launched.

@ZOS_AlanG you forgot to push for them to be normal sized :p

Oh and netches!

Better be careful that betty netch of yours may turn into a real killer

What about this @UltimaJoe777
    5932-1-1326302818.jpg

That's a dashing mudcrab not a cute one lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    I like the derpy little Chub Loons.

I find them so cute too plus listening to them takes me back to the movie "On Golden Pond".
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 Dwemer Sentries
    +1 Sep Adders
    +1 Kwama Scrib
    +1 Echatere (pity they're such NOISY things)

I'll add Wisps to the list too. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spider Daedras.
    I kinda like their ***.

Oh come on, not that *** again. This word isn't bad or something.
    Edited by Anhedonie on July 1, 2016 7:40PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • BWatch
    BWatch
    Dead Argonians.
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the nerieds in Arx Corinium (sp?) are kinda hot.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer sentries remind me of Wall-e

bantam guar is cute though, bought that pet as soon as it came out and my main has been with it ever since. I named him "snargle" as I think I heard it make that noise. . .
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a strange thread.. seemingly some fetish going on here. Lol! Allright, for purely humor.. I'll chime in. Those harpies (not those ugly black ones in Wrothgar) seems cute when they're not attacking you.
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Orc

Haaa.. yeah. Duragma, the stablemaster at the Morkul Stronghold in Wrothgar isn't bad to look at, aside from the 2 jagged overgrown teeth.

Maybe off the tangent a little off this post, but daily cuteness (in-game) goes to Malyna Jurelette, the merchant walking around just outside of Aldcroft by the dolmen and Henriette Panoit, the guild trader at Morkul. Especially, when Henriette says, "Beautiful sight, eh.." Can't help but to reply.. yes. I wonder if she's Canadian.