The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

(93% Support) Should Training and Prosperous be taken out of loot tables for end-game content?

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
This seems to be a large pain point for the player base. It seemed that many voiced their opinions in the last PTS, but no change was implemented. So another PTS, another poll.

Should items with Training and Prosperous be eliminated from the loot tables for the following end-game areas: Undaunted Chests, Loot drops from bosses in 4-man dungeons and 12-man trials, Chest drops from Vet Maelstrom Arena, Drops from Vet Dragonstar Arena, and Gear vendors in Cyrodiil and IC?
Edited by MrTarkanian48 on October 7, 2016 9:01PM
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4

(93% Support) Should Training and Prosperous be taken out of loot tables for end-game content? 377 votes

Yes. Take them out of all.
91%
Nestorfsmassey_ESODethierwayfarerxMoloch1514Joy_Divisiondodgehopper_ESOarkansas_ESOOakmontowls_ESODeadlyRecluseKattemynteMojmirkadaragabahmeatshieldb14_ESOSedrethiBowserSaltypretzelsErock25DirtySmeegs33Stalwart385 346 votes
No. Leave them in all.
5%
NewBlacksmurfTurelusDhariusValen_Bytephaneub17_ESOTanadrielElsonsoLorDrekRastorichrothbernnotimetocareshadowwraith666BeardimusHempyreIvan04TransairionBryanonymousDinisaIsellskooma 19 votes
Other. (Explain)
3%
XaelDarlonBuggeXdsalterAuricleDubhliamPreyfarHylda69FriedEggSandwichXoxHANNIBALxoXLastAmbushOnEarthValykc 12 votes
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    i say just lower the rate, we need filler to encourage repeat runs of say PvE, but i have to admit those 2 specific traits are FAR to common
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Training is not usefull at all. Prosperous is always equally usefull/useless because gold is always needed.
    Both are traits, that don't add any benefits to your combat strenght and since this is what most people want, I say remove them AT LEAST from max level gear.

And I say this for other people. I myself don't really mind. But I definately received a few annoying training and prosperous pieces from tel var boxes and since 2 more useless traits make it less likely to get the trait I want....
    Edited by Dracane on June 29, 2016 7:57PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be heavily weighted in the favor of training and prosperous gear in the drop rate of end game gear which is absolutely ridiculous. However they appear to have done this intentionally in order to water down the loot tables so I doubt they will remove them from the drop tables.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, take them out of all end game runs. I am finding that while I have started to get Monster helm drops FINALLY.. All I am getting them in is Prosperous. Crap traits like those should not be dropping on end game gear.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to perform the black sacrament against them, but still here… and more than everything else.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    Leave them as drops, but remove the from chest/weekly/vault rewards. Every single -- and I mean EVERY SINGLE -- ICP and WGT vault key I've used has given me one training and one prosperous item. With every boss dropping and item why are the vaults constantly dropping crap?

Vaults, reward chests and weeklies should be something to look forward to.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave them in all.
    Yay, I'm special!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave them in all.
    I understood drop rate went UP, but they added the traits. So its a good thing overall no? I.e. You will get a helm / shoulder earlier just might not be the one perfect. I guess it depends on the RNG rate.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave them in all.
    As per your other poll no.

I think all areas (PvP Vendor and PvE drops/chests) should have a chance at selling/dropping all traits so everyone has access to every type.

With the update that Gold Chests have a guaranteed drop of a shoulder part and the ability to trade within dungeons players just got a wider chance of the items they want which means expanding the drop types is less damaging.

I would say the NPC in Cyrodiil could do with offering two or three sets a week if it moved to selling all traits however.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason they should be on end game gear. There is also no reason impen was removed from the loot table.
    Edited by IxskullzxI on June 30, 2016 2:38PM
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • geophonic_ESO
    geophonic_ESO
    ✭✭
    End Game Gear should be exactly that, END GAME. No need for useless traits, because all it does it that your greatest battles will be versus the RNG instead of the enemies.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As per your other poll no.

I think all areas (PvP Vendor and PvE drops/chests) should have a chance at selling/dropping all traits so everyone has access to every type.

With the update that Gold Chests have a guaranteed drop of a shoulder part and the ability to trade within dungeons players just got a wider chance of the items they want which means expanding the drop types is less damaging.

I would say the NPC in Cyrodiil could do with offering two or three sets a week if it moved to selling all traits however.

@Turelus Thank you for your opinion.

Could you explain why you would want Training or Prosperous on a Monster Helm or sets dropped from end-game dungeons or trials?

Most of this content requires you to perform at a certain level to complete, which would assume that you already need to have gear that is superior to Training and prosperous, making these drops unappealing.

If you really wanted sets for grinding or getting maximum gold, wouldnt it be easier to just craft those sets, so you have a complete set? Also, would it be necessary to have a training kena helm to grind seeing as how most of that content is relatively easy?

IF they brought back Impenetrable, and took out Prosperous and Training, there would still be a huge RNG element, but at least it would be limited to mostly useful traits.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Leave them in all.
    @MrTarkanian48 simply for the fact I feel the game is better with all options available to everyone.

There maybe players out there with farming character for either XP or Gold which also wish to have a faster/stronger build and might use these sets to achieve that. Seeing as they would sacrifice their normal strong traits for the farming ones there would be a desire for a stronger set bonus.

As I said though this would be on the grounds that traits being in the loot table is balanced against higher drops of the items giving payers more rolls on the RNG table of doom.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of prosperous/training and give us back impen!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take 3-4 of the crap traits and merge them into one trait.
    Edited by timidobserver on June 30, 2016 7:29PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take them out, and put impen in. The drop rate won't change much and most traits will actually be usable.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MrTarkanian48 simply for the fact I feel the game is better with all options available to everyone.

There maybe players out there with farming character for either XP or Gold which also wish to have a faster/stronger build and might use these sets to achieve that. Seeing as they would sacrifice their normal strong traits for the farming ones there would be a desire for a stronger set bonus.

As I said though this would be on the grounds that traits being in the loot table is balanced against higher drops of the items giving payers more rolls on the RNG table of doom.

In my opinion that is what crafted gear is for, not end game gear.
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    Those traits simply water down the loot table. They are complete trash. I have no empirical data to back up my suspicion, but anecdotally, I have seen sooooooooo many more of these garbage traits drop than anything good, and I believe that it is intentional.

End game gear should be just that, end game gear. If you want those niche traits, craft a set with them.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Turelus There is the problem with this logic since prosperous is actually inferior to the new impenetrable in terms of gold farming unless you are throwing the gear away without repairing it
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/273766/why-prosperous-is-preposterous
    Edited by Oakmontowls_ESO on June 30, 2016 7:45PM
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has a proven track record of completely ignoring player feedback. Those traits are going to stay no matter how much we shout.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    Argh... Misvoted.... Should of course be YES!
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duh.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poll is pretty unanimous.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still trying to get decent traits on my end game stuff, so need training, well fitted , and preposterous on my stuff so useful.

Just adding more grind to the grind....
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. (Explain)
    Other: I would not mind leaving Training and Prosperous IF they at least include Sturdy and Impenetrable along with those two.

Certain loot tables were updated in DB DLC to include Training and Prosperous, but Impenetrable and Sturdy was not included.
    Where is the logic in that?

@Turelus : we don't have all options, only Training and Prosperous were added to certain loot tables.
    Yes, Monster sets have a better drop rate now (and also come in Sturdy), but WGT and ICP sets don't have a higher drop rate, yet they now include Training and Prosperous, without including Sturdy, Impenetrable or Nirnhoned (okay, Nirn is not a typical drop trait).
    Edited by Dubhliam on July 2, 2016 6:37AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infernal Maw on the Golden Vendor in PvP for 2 weeks in a row!!!!

Put impenetrable on the loot table so we can get the gear we need in a year please.
    Edited by Armitas on July 2, 2016 10:30AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • davidcombs7
    Beat molag kena for the first time on hard and got a prosperous head piece, useless with my tbs set.... decontructed last night.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like all I get is training. 10 vWGT tower runs yesterday and all my SPC pieces are training, with a few posperous and sturdy. ZERO divines or infused.
    Edited by svartorn on July 3, 2016 9:15PM