The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would Pet Sorc be good for players with high ping (Latency) PVE ?

BLaaR
BLaaR
Soul Shriven
Referring back to my initial topic here:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/273546/lag-friendly-pve-build

Followed the tips recommended and it did help tremendously and made it to Lvl50 and got a few Champion points but, once again, being in melee range makes it difficult to dodge certain attacks in time, or casting certain abilities felt like I still had to press the button a few times before the skill actually activates due to lag.

During my journey I saw a few players with pet sorcerers and while the pets were tanking they could attack from range.

I was thinking that perhaps I can try a pet build instead, but wanted to have some opinions if it is a good idea , or should I try something else like a Heavy Armored Nord / Orc with with all stats in health, but I am not sure because I still want to be able to do some decent damage and enjoy the PVE and once again melee may be a problem.

Thanks for any advice.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely find pet sorc the easiest to solo, just finished everything in craglorn that I could solo (some mechanics there need multiple players...now if I could tell my pets to press something or stand on a pad etc...) and high ping wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying as being melee class. The mobs/bosses can still come to you so you can't just stand back all the time but generally it's easy.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet Builds are good, but your going to want to keep an eye on Hardened Ward as that can protect your pets. There have been some updates to the Pets, so check the Patch Notes so you can gear up and determine a rotation or tactics to take advantage of the changes.

I also think there are a couple of gear sets optimized around Pets. Necropetence is one of them, but I think there is another one.

Also, see this for some ideas (you don't have to copy this, but use it for inspiration for your build)

http://www.sypherpk.com/sorcerer-build/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BLaaR
    BLaaR
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the replies.

@greyfox, could you please post a rough build of your Sorc.

Last thing, I see Sorc have 3xbards to slot skills in. Does this apply to pet sorc too ? Seems overwhelming too me having 3 bards instead of 2, and not something I want to try first time round.