Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old player returning - getting slaughtered by higher champion mobs

fredrikmageeb16_ESO
fredrikmageeb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello. I haven't played since launch and now I'm a bit stuck. I just came back, read into champion points and new changes etc. and then I went to continue questing where I left off. When I quit I was veteran rank 5 I think and questing in Bankorai. Now I'm champion rank 61 (was 50 when I logged back in) and the mobs I'm fighting are rank 150. I cant pull more than two mobs at a time without getting killed. I can barely defeat boss mobs (after several tries sometimes). The challange is nice and all, but I go down so incredibly fast it aint fun anymore. I cant do any other quests neither because I've done every quest before Bankorai... Any tips? Should I farm champion points somewhere else? Or am I just bad?
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some crafted gear for your play style, in at least blue quality and tops purple depending on who you know to craft it.

Are you stam dps? Mag dps?
    Try get some blue food - max health and max stam/magic, ppl will freely make if you ask nice.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you just need to get familiar with the combat mechanics again. Also there have been some big changes since launch regarding how you should build your character (e.g. staves scale of spell damage now instead of weapon damage, some class skills can be morphed to scale of stamina and weapon damage, softcaps are gone) so your old build will most likely not be perfect anymore.
    But after some time you should be able to kill those rank 150 mobs even when you reset all your cp and play without them.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    What is the quality of your gear? Improve what you have or craft a better set.

Get some food.

Get potions.

Don't stand still in fights. Actively stun, interrupt and rows control the mobs.

One last thing you can do is explore unexplored areas for XP and the chance of finding missed quests.

Worst comes to worst DLC will scale you within 10 cp levels of the content.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I haven't played since launch and now I'm a bit stuck. I just came back, read into champion points and new changes etc. and then I went to continue questing where I left off. When I quit I was veteran rank 5 I think and questing in Bankorai. Now I'm champion rank 61 (was 50 when I logged back in) and the mobs I'm fighting are rank 150. I cant pull more than two mobs at a time without getting killed. I can barely defeat boss mobs (after several tries sometimes). The challange is nice and all, but I go down so incredibly fast it aint fun anymore. I cant do any other quests neither because I've done every quest before Bankorai... Any tips? Should I farm champion points somewhere else? Or am I just bad?

Have you put skill point into every passive for your ability that you use on your bars and for passives in armour and race?

In which abilities have you invested champion point?

If you provided more information about your build such as weapon, race, armour, jewels and which kind of buffs from drinks, food or potions you use it might help to make suggestion for what you could change. Do you make use of Mondus St

Take screen shot from your character window (press C) to show us your attributes and other information like critical chance, spell and weapon damage.

Are you on PC on console? On PC there is several add on that might help you to see your damage, healing and have better control then in game options. There is also at least one add on that might help to show all your gear and what actives stats you have, but I have forgot its name. You can find it at http://esoui.com/addons.php
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I quit I was veteran rank 5 I think and questing in Bankorai. Now I'm champion rank 61 (was 50 when I logged back in) and the mobs I'm fighting are rank 150.... Any tips? Should I farm champion points somewhere else? Or am I just bad?

Your doing the equivalent of taking on Vet 15 Mobs at Vet 6. It's not going to be easy.

You need to farm some more Champ Points. Good news is, the last 4 zones of Silver will give you full experience towards champ points. So, you have lots of content to grind on or public dungeons to do circuits in.

One thing, once you reach CP160, then any character you get to L50 becomes CP160, so you can use end game gear as soon as you are done leveling.

Edited by Nestor on June 29, 2016 2:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the new DLC scale you up. Try playing in one of them. Wrothgar is a great area, but heads-up: the world bosses are best tackled with a group.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost, I recommend you look up a build guide on YouTube for your class that sounds like it matches your play style.

The gear they recommend may be out of reach for you. So come back here and ask for what you can substitute with.

If you can give us some more details, we can probably help. At your level, there are some craftable sets that will work just fine if upgraded to blue.

What class are you playing?
    Ate you running stamina or magicka?
    Do you feel like you're able to time your block or roll out well enough to avoid the *big* hits?

Pick one of the two philosophies and stick with it. Build your bars with **one** of these two plans::
    (A)each bar has one cc ability, one spammable attack, one buff, one heal, and either an aoe or an ability you're trying to level up.
    Or...
    (B)fill your "main bar" with cc and attack abilities and full your "back bar" worth heals & buffs.

If you aren't able to craft what you need, and if you're on PC / NA, get me some of the info above and I'll be happy to craft you up a green or maybe blue (been a while since I checked my mats) set that will work well for you.
  • fredrikmageeb16_ESO
    fredrikmageeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the answers! This is me right now http://imgur.com/a/exm5J

I'm a nord DK, going Stamina with Dual Wield and Bow. I haven't found any good guides yet for the Dark Brotherhood patch. Seems like all the specs I've found are pure DPS with few survival abilities. I'm not standing still in fights, but I have a problem noticing when to block sometimes when I pull more than one, with the spells taking most of the screen haha. I'll get better at the more I play.

I'm a bit confused regardings what spells I should use. Since its so long I've played and several skills have changed I don't know which spells I should hotkey and what to morph them into. Myabe if you could recommend some spells a DW Dk I would appreciate it.

Also, I've almost every achievement in every earlier zone I've visited, like quests, dolmen etc. before Bankorai.

Thanks again for the anwers. I'm going to upgrade my gear, buy some food and try some survival abilities and give questing another go. I'll test some dungeons aswell!
  • fredrikmageeb16_ESO
    fredrikmageeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on Europe server, but thanks for the offer anyway Kungfu!

I want to go heavy armor for the cool looks, but medium armor is worth it just for damage, right?
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have 5 heavy armour and its passives opened up, with the heavy Armour passive changes heavy is much better then it was.

Elf Bane is decent for a Mag DK as it has 2 spell damage bonuses.

That will help you a bit with survivability.

I don't know but it seems Med Armour just isn't what is was defensively.