The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have imperial edition, cannot pick any race with any faction?

Tykune
Tykune
✭✭✭
So my friend started to get back into playing ESO again, and they have the digital imperial edition, but when they were making a new character, their race to alliance was restricted. He was unable to play a race outside of it's normal faction, which should not be the case for the edition he has. What would be causing this to happen?
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbone perhaps?? Could be related to the eso+ Dropping in & out bug plagueing so many others.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Edition allows you to pick Imperial race for any faction. The Adventurer Pack allows any race in any alliance. To get both perks, you must buy both.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Gotcha, thanks
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This comes up surprisingly often. The "any race any alliance" bundle was also a perk for pre-orders, a lot of is that pre-ordered the Imp Ed forget that the race mix wasn't part of it, and has to be purchased separately for players that missed the pre order.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    This comes up surprisingly often. The "any race any alliance" bundle was also a perk for pre-orders, a lot of is that pre-ordered the Imp Ed forget that the race mix wasn't part of it, and has to be purchased separately for players that missed the pre order.

To add to that the code that identifies your game as pre order is the explorer's pack code included in the pre order edition and not the game code itself. Many people did not/ do not care (or have the adv. pack anyway) about this code and you can still buy it off someone (watch out for the usual untrusted sites and so on bla ). Got my any race any alliance perk this way for 64 cent activating it on the digital imp edition. I do not believe this code works for non PC but please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Insomnia rex on June 29, 2016 11:15AM
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex