The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Please make deployed siege only usable by the one deploying it

Leandor
Leandor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It is freely tradeable, you can hand it over anytime, there is absolutely no reason why we still have deployed siege being taken over by people who are either too cheap to buy their own or leech off from those that actually know how, when and where to deploy it.

I can't count how many battles I have lost just because some random person took over the siege that was deployed to actually have a chance against the blue tide and refused to check out even after being told.

@Wheeler please make it happen.
Edited by Leandor on June 28, 2016 8:32PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    It is freely tradeable, you can hand it over anytime, there is absolutely no reason why we still have deployed siege being taken over by people who are either too cheap to buy their own or leech off from those that actually know how, when and where to deploy it.

I can't count how many battles I have lost just because some random person took over the siege that was deployed to actually have a chance against the blue tide and refused to check out even after being told.

I want to be able to lend my friends siege sometimes.

How about making it so the owner/deployer can boot any player off an engine that they didn't deploy? In other words, you go to use it in your 2-3 engine rotation and just push the freeloader aside without interruption. It would hopefully annoy them!

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I want to be able to lend my friends siege sometimes.

How about making it so the owner/deployer can boot any player off an engine that they didn't deploy? In other words, you go to use it in your 2-3 engine rotation and just push the freeloader aside without interruption. It would hopefully annoy them!

That's a good one as well. Mind, I do not want them bound, they need to continue to be tradeable. It just sometimes is important that it is actually ready to be fired immediately.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    InB4 I set 20 trebs down to troll my faction and keep them from being able to siege a keep.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep I agree 100%. Tired of someone jumping on my siege. "Buy your own" is what I told someone once and he/she said I'll use your siege if I want I do not see your name on it and there is not s*** you can do about it. He/She is s right, there is nothing I can do.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too exploitable to make them locked to one player.

I know it's annoying, but my advice is to let it go and drop another or find something else to do. It will drive you mad otherwise.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I drop siege expressly so our lowbies have something to do. I don't want to be forced to man all the siege myself. I feel your pain when someone comes and turns your siege around but the alternative is worse.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    InB4 I set 20 trebs down to troll my faction and keep them from being able to siege a keep.

Could be handled simply by making it so that only manned/reloading siege count for the limit, not those just standing there.
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Negative. A good group always lays down as many siege as possible (20) and let the rest of the group siege with it.

That could be exploited so easily by one player or multiple setting up a bunch of siege so others couldn't attack a wall
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »
    Negative. A good group always lays down as many siege as possible (20) and let the rest of the group siege with it.

That could be exploited so easily by one player or multiple setting up a bunch of siege so others couldn't attack a wall

Good point.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give us the opportunity to self detonate our siege instead. As in blow up whoever just took my siege and started hitting the postern house.
    Edited by Armitas on June 29, 2016 9:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see it restricted to group members, and/or the ability to boot people off of siege we place.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely not. What happens when people forget to buy siege? What happens when you need to meatbag or oil a group but the one who set it down died and there's no more room where you need it? Plus, good luck getting zos to successfully program something like that.

rip decibel
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Give us the opportunity to self detonate our siege instead.

Perhaps the ability to pack up any siege you own even if you're not manning it? Similar to your proposed idea but you don't potentially lose something harder to get like a cold fire balista.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Handing siege out to randoms is one of favorite things to do. I counted yesterday and I was carrying 52 of them.

I could see if this is a problem if you were only carrying a few but let's be real. If you're PVPing a lot having less than 10 is bad form.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should award the points for anyone who happens to be killed by siege to the owner instead of the operator?

I also like the idea of allowing the owner to pack it up and take it even if someone else is using it.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repair it while they are on it and wait for them to die from siege fire. If your heals, don't heal them, let them die while standing in stupid while you move away. They will eventually hop off it, if they survive that is.... and if their dead, problem solved!
    Edited by Robbmrp on June 29, 2016 8:40PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭

This is similar to GW2 (or at least how it was a while ago). Anyone can use siege, but the owner can boot anyone else off of the siege. Siege weapons cannot be packed up and stuck back in inventory though for GW2, so the mechanics are a bit different.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You sound like children.

"Mommy, she's touching my stuff!"

"Nuh uh! I can play with it too!"

Grow up, put down another siege, or do something else constructive with your time like heal allies taking fire or provide fire back to defenders on the wall. There's plenty to do, and it's not like the dude on your siege isn't firing.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Give us the opportunity to self detonate our siege instead.

Perhaps the ability to pack up any siege you own even if you're not manning it? Similar to your proposed idea but you don't potentially lose something harder to get like a cold fire balista.

Oh no I mean actually detonate and blow up whoever took my siege. Send them back to the rez at my own volition for using my siege to hit the postern house.
    Edited by Armitas on June 29, 2016 9:37PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are several well thought out proposals here, that I can very much agree with. I also have to admit that I didn't think of the troll potential properly.

The reason I dumped the rant was a specific situation, outnumbered defence of bleakers against a large mass of attackers, several times over.

We had a couple good players and a couple of apparently less good players.

This went to and fro several times. We had a chance as long as we could properly use ground siege. We lost every time one of the lesser qualified players took over one of the sieges, sitting on it until overrun.

This is what I would like to prevent. Cam amyone come up with a good, less exploitative solution?
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate sieging. If someone wants to take that over for me, awesome. Just make sure you don't noob it up and hit the wrong wall.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate sieging. If someone wants to take that over for me, awesome. Just make sure you don't noob it up and hit the wrong wall.
    I agree, hitting wrong walls is for noobs. Everyone knows the proper way to take over someone's siege is to turn it around 180 and engage RP emotes.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can think of like 50 more important things than locked siege.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fully expect people to man my sieges. I often end up placing more than one at a time; sometimes a great distance apart, and it can be difficult to manage them. Let someone else use it and save me the risky run back and forth.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah. If anything just implement a way to kick someone off of it if you own it. Every siege I am apart of I lay down multiple trebs for randoms to use. I mean if you spend any decent amount of time in Cyrodiil you should have more than enough AP for siege..
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on June 30, 2016 5:54AM
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    You sound like children.

"Mommy, she's touching my stuff!"

"Nuh uh! I can play with it too!"

Grow up, put down another siege, or do something else constructive with your time like heal allies taking fire or provide fire back to defenders on the wall. There's plenty to do, and it's not like the dude on your siege isn't firing.

Have you ever had precious coldfire siege stolen? I'm guessing not. It's enraging.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather a system where when looking at it or operating it you can toggle it between open/locked.

There are a lot of times in the past I have provided siege for raids and just dropping them and saying "grab a siege" is faster than trading.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I would rather a system where when looking at it or operating it you can toggle it between open/locked.

There are a lot of times in the past I have provided siege for raids and just dropping them and saying "grab a siege" is faster than trading.

Good one. I could go with this. Maybe implement the other proposal and have three toggles: Locked, Group only, FFA

Make it so you can preset the option you want for your own siege in options and have "f" while on siege be the toggle key.
    Edited by Leandor on June 30, 2016 8:13AM
  • JodaGreyhame
    JodaGreyhame
    ✭✭✭

This is a good idea. It is annoying when you set down coldfire siege and have someone else jump on it and you can't pack it up :persevere:
    Orsimer Than You I Am: Orc Warden
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on pc, the number of people shooting wrong things (postern etc) is very low now. i don't really mind. I really want to keep putting up sieges everywhere when defending an inner keep severely outnumbered. i'll use it when i come by and it's ready, if grouped my peers will, and i'm perfectly happy if randoms use it as well.
    Edited by Kas on June 30, 2016 9:34AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others