Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns on the next DLC, Opinions?

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
The next DLC, Shadows of the Hist, is reported to be 1500 crowns. All this DLC contains is 2 dungeons with a norms and Veteran mode and no alternate story mode (unless I'm wrong), equivalent to IC Dungeons.

What are your opinions on this folks?

Mine is that the price point is a bit high. If I compare it to IC, if WGT & ICP were 1500 crowns, then IC, the sewers, the telvars, the story quest, & collectable are equivalent to 1000 crown? That seems flipped from the value I'd assign. The dungeons are large, but only reward 6 sets & 2 dungeon helms, with no new crafting sets either. At my price point, I feel this should be around 1250 to 750 crowns, compared to the content and benefits of the other DLC.

The dungeons are large and we'll done from what I've seen, I just feel the benefit for the cost is out of whack when you compare the rest.
Edited by HeroOfNone on June 28, 2016 2:29PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the gear from the new content BoP or BoE?

Probably better value for money to subscribe for 1 month, do the dungeons, dye your costumes how you want them and then unsub and you'll have some crowns you can spend.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the dungeons are enjoyable and challenging enough on vet mode to keep people busy for a couple hours at first, totally worth it.

I mean, it's about the price of a movie ticket. I'm sure I'll spend more than 2 hours in those dungeons.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably better value for money to subscribe for 1 month, do the dungeons, dye your costumes how you want them and then unsub and you'll have some crowns you can spend.

I am considering this too. I was going to sub for a month anyway to dye all of my costumes and if I find the dungeons to be fun enough to repeat after the month then I'll buy them with the crowns I get from subbing.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BoP (as per ESO Live), but you will be able to trade gear that you get within your group while inside the dungeon.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm subscribed so it doesn't necessarily affect me (so I feel I can be an objective 3rd party) but this is what I'd recommend to most folks also. I can't see it being worth while to buy this ala carte at this price.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

I'm subscribed so it doesn't necessarily affect me (so I feel I can be an objective 3rd party) but this is what I'd recommend to most folks also. I can't see it being worth while to buy this ala carte at this price.

You will also have to accept giving up 2 days of gold keys per rotation if you don't have the dungeons though.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the price of a 5500 pack at $39.95, this makes the DLC around $11 US. Not bad for two new dungeons for people to run and try out over and over again. People pay A LOT more for mounts than this....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is still no info about prices but i kinda think about subscribe for 1 month, dye costumes and see what happen next.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    There is still no info about prices but i kinda think about subscribe for 1 month, dye costumes and see what happen next.

The DLC is at least confirmed 1500 in the patch notes
    If you do not have an active ESO Plus membership you can purchase the DLC Dungeon Pack for 1,500 crowns via the in-game Crown Store.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is definitely overpriced at 1500 crowns. The only real "content" that you unlock are the two dungeons, and the "Heroic" personality. That's it. The rest of the update are all crown store items which you have to purchase separately if you want them. I would pay at most 500 crowns for this. And that's being generous.

The next update is essentially a giant cash shop update and if you go on the PTS the number of items for sale has essentially tripled. They are charging for eyelashes, eyebrows and silly tattoos that will all be covered up by your armour anyway. For someone who normally doesn't really care much about cosmetics being added this just reeks of nickel and diming, in a vein similar to Evolve's ridiculous reskin store. It's not even good cosmetic skins. The hats clip through my High Elf's ears and any hair that I had was covered by it as well. Pointless.

And the new personalities are rubbish as well. From the awesome "Assassin" which ties in with DB we get tripe like "Happy" and "Sad" which has nothing to do with Argonians or their dungeons and has nothing unique about their animations. I swear even the RP addon that gives your char Idle Animations does a better job that this drivel. Bah, you really screwed up with this update ZOS. Here's hoping Vvardenfell and housing aren't like this.
    Edited by Contraptions on June 28, 2016 4:15PM
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    With the price of a 5500 pack at $39.95, this makes the DLC around $11 US. Not bad for two new dungeons for people to run and try out over and over again. People pay A LOT more for mounts than this....

Looking at the price point is a misleading indicator, at times, since you can't tell of everyone buys in bulk, got their crowns on sale, or only purchased a few updayes. This means you may be spending 11 to 15 dollars. It feels the better indicator would be the other DLC prices, which seems they got a lot more in just half of its full content.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    How many dungeons did the other expansions have? Does this bring anything else to the table like new trades, character classes or anything like that?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfectly valid price point.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niastissa wrote: »
    How many dungeons did the other expansions have? Does this bring anything else to the table like new trades, character classes or anything like that?

Only IC had dungeons included, as stated, and was 2500. With that it included a full zone, new sets, new crafting g sets, new motifs, new collectables, story quest, etc.

Neither one brought new skill lines or classes to the table.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's less than the previous DLCs but does seem a little high for two dungeons and a personality. Yes, people do pay more for a mount. But it makes me wonder if they are resetting our expectations about what DLC packs should cost (will cost in the future) with this update.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not too badlt priced, lots of gear and replayability. If only I could pre-order.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm biased, but I would pay them 1,500 crowns for each dungeon.

Just give me veteran tempest already, I mean I only have been asking for 2 years.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since Orsinium each DLC has had less and less, but the price has also come down. Also, since it's only 1500, it makes sense to sub a month, clear half you inventory into the bags, dye your costumes, and decide if you want to own this one permanently or not and save 1500 crowns for other stuff.
    Edited by driosketch on June 28, 2016 5:05PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    I do like dungeon runs. I'd really like to see some raids be added. If it comes bundled with some other piece of DLC I could see myself paying 1500 crowns.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, 1500 crowns, but why they didnt told for how much those apeearance change bundles will cost :/
  • Sneakles
    Sneakles
    ✭✭
    Sure, the pricing comparatived to other DLC might seem a bit high; but in retrospect to the amount of time I will spend clearing the dungeons I still feel it is a good value. This update focuses a lot on aspects to the game that are not specific to the DLC, such as costume dying and scaling trials, that I very much appreciate. Because of this, I am more than willing to accept a smaller DLC.

To be honest, I would much rather them continue to release small DLC with a large focus on prior released content (such as expanding on cyrodil with town capturing systems or released veteran versions of existing dungeons) than to neglect prior content and focus entirely on an expanded zone.
    Edited by Sneakles on June 28, 2016 6:39PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niastissa wrote: »
    I do like dungeon runs. I'd really like to see some raids be added. If it comes bundled with some other piece of DLC I could see myself paying 1500 crowns.

While I partly agree, I'm pretty satisfied with Vet AA, Vet Hel Ra, Vet Sanctum, and Vet Maw
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »

Looking at the price point is a misleading indicator, at times, since you can't tell of everyone buys in bulk, got their crowns on sale, or only purchased a few updayes. This means you may be spending 11 to 15 dollars. It feels the better indicator would be the other DLC prices, which seems they got a lot more in just half of its full content.

That's just the regular price for the 5500 Crown pack. Even at $15 imo it's a decent value. It's a much better deal than the mounts that cost 4k Crowns for sure. With a mount, you don't have any opportunity to make game gold from it as any BOE sets that drop from those dungeons can be sold for game gold. That's if they are BOE that is.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marketing strikes again. They priced it so you would be more likely to buy the bundle than the individual dungeon pack.

Guar's probably going to be 1300 crowns sold by itself. Turtle pet 700 like the cave bear and dragon frog. Scrolls basically a free bonus.

That would put the actual DLC appropriation at around 1,000 crowns as with the bundle you'd get 500 off either the mount or the pet.

But ZOS has to make money somehow. I can say that now that I'm in the Cult of ZOS, right?
    signing off
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too much for just two dungeons. I won't be buying this DLC. I prefer actual zones with quest related content like Wrothgar.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Marketing strikes again. They priced it so you would be more likely to buy the bundle than the individual dungeon pack.

Guar's probably going to be 1300 crowns sold by itself. Turtle pet 700 like the cave bear and dragon frog. Scrolls basically a free bonus.

That would put the actual DLC appropriation at around 1,000 crowns as with the bundle you'd get 500 off either the mount or the pet.

But ZOS has to make money somehow. I can say that now that I'm in the Cult of ZOS, right?

It might actually work the other way around. Buy the new guar and turtle pet with some scrolls, and get two dungeons for free!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'll rather pay 1500 crowns for two dungeons than buy TG or DB DLCs.

That being said, when the SotH DLC comes out, the recap of three newest DLCs will be:
    • 2 small maps with 2 world bosses
    • 2 guild skill lines and storylines
    • 1 trial
    • 2 group dungeons

ZOS, is this everything you can come up with in 9 months time?
    What the hell are you focusing your resources on?
    How much time does it take to re-skin a panther mount?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting 1000-1500, so this seems perfectly acceptable.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it should have been 1000 Crowns, but I'm not overly bothered by it.