The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This game is overheating 1 of my graphic cards

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the upgrade this game has been putting a lot of strain on 1 of my graphic card in my gaming laptop. I had no issues whatsoever prior. What is going on? Why is this game burning my graphics card? I have no problem whatsoever on other games, just this one. It seems like the issue is getting progressively worst, and not any better.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is a cell phone screenshot of the issue that I'm having (it actually went up to140). I tried to lower the graphic settings from ultra to high, and it didn't help.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried turning it off and on again?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a feature.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yes plenty of times. I never had this happening to me prior to patch/upgrade.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a cell phone screenshot of the issue that I'm having (it actually went up to140). I tried to lower the graphic settings from ultra to high, and it didn't help.
    Your readings are in Fahrenheit, not Celsius, so it is far from overheating. 140 F is 60 C, and most GPUs are designed to operate at 85 C. If your GPU reaches ~190 F or 90 C, that is when you should be concerned (although most GPUs and CPUs can function under load at even higher temperatures, but most will start to thermal throttle and downclock to be safe at that temperature.)

You still have a lot of thermal overhead before your system begins to down-clock, let alone do any damage.