Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People can't invite, message or mail me, they get the "player doesn't exist" error....

Krace
Krace
I do not know what to do about this....
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    You on XBOX?

Edit: ah just noticed it's the PC forum. If you're on xb, there was a content setting on the console that did the same thing. Make sure it's set to adult and then you should be able to do all the social stuff.
    Edited by CJohnson81 on June 26, 2016 10:13PM
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Krace
    Krace
    nope pc
  • Krace
    Krace
    As far as i know there is no such setting for the PC version...
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you marked online? Check this first.
    Do you have any unusual characters in your name?
    Are people trying to invite you using your character name or your @name?
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Press CTRL to unstealth . . .
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Krace
    Krace
    baratron wrote: »
    Are you marked online? Check this first.
    Do you have any unusual characters in your name?
    Are people trying to invite you using your character name or your @name?

yes
    yes its Sált... cant do anything even if they right click my name
    character name
  • Krace
    Krace
    Well that was disappointing....

Response By (Ricky) (06/27/2016 04:57 PM)
    Greetings,
    We apologize that we have taken so long to get back to you in regards to your issue. Due to high ticket volumes, we will be unable to assist you further with this ticket. We understand this may be frustrating and we are disappointed that we are unable to deliver a Customer Service experience that is up to our desired standards.
    Please also be sure to visit our help portal where you can search for common issues and subscribe to individual articles for any updates about that information: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com.
    Best Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Customer By () (06/26/2016 06:07 PM)
    the name i need changed is "Sált", i think the á is messing it up....
    Customer By () (06/26/2016 02:39 AM)
    i need a name change, people cant message me or add me to Groups/guilds... and im set to "online"
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can they do anything with you by walking up to you and hitting 'f'? Not a satisfactory resolution I know, but at least if that worked you could still join groups. If that doesn't work then you can't actually join a group in an mmo (lol?).

Edit: or failing that you start the group by inviting someone and then pass the crown.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on June 28, 2016 2:34AM
    PC | EU
  • Krace
    Krace
    i can add people to me, just not the other way around... also i don't think the random group finder is seeing me as well.. i've been in a queue for over 5hrs... i have yet to be in a random so far...
    Edited by Krace on June 28, 2016 2:47AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krace wrote: »
    i can add people to me, just not the other way around... also i don't think the random group finder is seeing me as well.. i've been in a queue for over 5hrs... i have yet to be in a random so far...

So strange. I can't believe it's the character in your name, I play on EU server and I'm sure there are players with accented characters in their name, although I can't think of any off the top of my head. I also can't believe the official response to your ticket lol, paints an interesting picture of behind the scenes at zos hq lol.
    PC | EU
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The random group finder is broken, but yes that could be messing your name up.

Try customer service again. In this situation they should change your name since it makes quite a few things impossible for you. Make sure to include character name choices that you would take instead if case the same name with a normal a isn't available.

I still can't believe you got that response. Keep trying, it's definitely the special character causing your troubles. Might be wise to leave your ticket # in this thread as well in case a mod see's it then they can look into it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Krace
    Krace
    good idea...

Customer Service Ticket [Incident: 160626-000416]
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krace wrote: »
    good idea...

Customer Service Ticket [Incident: 160626-000416]

There is thread in general form where player can ask for a change of account name, if that is something you might want to consider.

You can only change it once and you should provide some range of possible names as some names might be already reserved.

Try to avoid special characters as accents can sometimes be hard to see on other players display when they make manual invites from group tool and different setting for displaying fonts might make it even harder to see those small addions above or below expected font for users language.
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    In a previous patch (2014/2015) they did some changes to their database which resulted in any names with special characters becoming invalid at the time. After that patch many players had the issue you described and they did a free name change if you logged a support call. You wouldn't happen to be logging in with a very old character (pre-2015) would you?
  • Krace
    Krace
    they fixed it... all was needed was a name change
  • Krace
    Krace
    In a previous patch (2014/2015) they did some changes to their database which resulted in any names with special characters becoming invalid at the time. After that patch many players had the issue you described and they did a free name change if you logged a support call. You wouldn't happen to be logging in with a very old character (pre-2015) would you?

and yea thats what it was...