Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Load Certain Characters and/or Certain Zones on Xbox One (NA)

• Dreadnaus
    Dreadnaus
    I was lucky enough to get my characters unstuck by moving two steps at a time through many crashes..... I want to buy the new DLC, but I won't until this is fixed.

Same goes for the group of friends that play.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting on behalf of my wife; one of her characters is stuck in Orsinium. Game crashes to Xbox home whenever she tries to load the character.

GT: TropicalGinny58
    Character Name: Brigit Donat
    Server: NA

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    Posting on behalf of my wife; one of her characters is stuck in Orsinium. Game crashes to Xbox home whenever she tries to load the character.

GT: TropicalGinny58
    Character Name: Brigit Donat

Well, thankfully she finally got her character loaded and got out of Orsinium. She held the left stick forward while the character was loading and it worked. She says she's not going back to Orsinium any time soon!
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this back:

Keep logging in and eventually you will be able to move your own toon. If you wait for ZoS it will be weeks!
  • CatherineHG
    Aeaeren wrote: »
    I posted this back:

Keep logging in and eventually you will be able to move your own toon. If you wait for ZoS it will be weeks!

I've been trying for at least two hours a day for the past seven days. I have the patience of a saint. But thank you for the support
  • ohiofirefightera
    ohiofirefightera
    Soul Shriven
    GT: Arsonist343
    Character Names: Egritte and Maegor Targaryean
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this back:

I've been trying for at least two hours a day for the past seven days. I have the patience of a saint. But thank you for the support

also vary the time, try a period of time when you know the Population is low. I managed to get out around 2pm Eastern.
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    If you have another character turn off combat text and nameplates, the settings for them seem to carry over and having everything off helps.
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    Hamiltonmath

Character: Asclepius the Great

Stuck in Wrothgar.
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah, na
  • EZgoin76
    EZgoin76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gamer tag: EZgoin76
    Character name: Dhamon
    NA server

Thought I could go to Wrothgar today because I hadn't been experiencing as many of the bugs that most people are dealing with. Big mistake on my part.

Everything was fine until I went into Orsinium. Five seconds after walking into the tavern, I was kicked to the dashboard and unable to log back into this character at all.
    I want to change the world. I'm just to lazy to do it.
  • Snippit_Thomas
    Snippit_Thomas
    ✭✭✭
    Fen'bekit, na server in Wrothgar
  • jr1387
    jr1387
    We are currently investigating an issue that arose yesterday after the Xbox One maintenance, where some players are unable to load certain character and/or certain zones. This may result in a very long loading screen that times out when attempting to access certain zones and/or characters. If you are experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread with the following:
    • Your Xbox Live Gamertag
    • The name of your impacted character(s) and what zone(s) they are in
    Also, please confirm that you are indeed on the North American Xbox One megaserver.

Thank you all for your patience as we work on resolving this issue.

[*] Gamertag: IXIXI JR IXIXI
    [*] Character Name: Im Silly Fawn Ineedagroup
    [*] Zone: Wrothgar
    [*] I am on North America Xbox One megaserver
  • Symsyma
    Symsyma
    Soul Shriven
    Please rescue my character:

SV: XBOX ONE EU
    GT: symsyma
    CN: Symlena
    LC: Orsinium
  • zigzagzen
    zigzagzen
    ✭✭
    SV: Xbox 1 (NA)
    GamerTag: zigzagzen
    Character: Pa'tches
    Zone: Orsinium

unable to login crashes after a few seconds past 3+ hours now

even hard booted system

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

• Church367a
    Church367a
    Soul Shriven
    GamerTag: Church367A
    Character: Solo Wing
  • Church367a
    Church367a
    Soul Shriven
    Church367a wrote: »
    GamerTag: Church367A
    Character: Solo Wing

I was able to load up and get out after restarting my xbox, ticket was 160626-000868
  • drofnasii
    drofnasii
    SV: Xbox One (NA)
    GamerTag: Drofnas
    Character: Kybbles

Got him unlocked, was able to do one daily provisioning writ (which requires Orsinium to turn in), needles to say he's stuck again. So much for thinking unlocked ment "fixed". Been this way for over a week, pretty much given him up for dead and started learning all the crafting/provisioning he did on another character. Probably just gonna have all my 4 main characters learn every freaking profession/trait after this BS. So much for DLC's, not really worth the headache for new content.
  • jr1387
    jr1387
    We are currently investigating an issue that arose yesterday after the Xbox One maintenance, where some players are unable to load certain character and/or certain zones. This may result in a very long loading screen that times out when attempting to access certain zones and/or characters. If you are experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread with the following:
    • Your Xbox Live Gamertag
    • The name of your impacted character(s) and what zone(s) they are in
    Also, please confirm that you are indeed on the North American Xbox One megaserver.

Thank you all for your patience as we work on resolving this issue.

[*] Gametag: IXIXI JR IXIXI
    [*] Character Name: Shoot N Loot
    [*] Zone: Wrothgar
    [*] I am on North American Xbox One megaserver.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this back:

@CatherineHG the trick seems to be to push forward on the left stick and hold it while you are still loading, and if you get past the loading screen: don't let go for at least another twenty seconds after, just keep pushing. I was stuck for a week on one of my vet characters, because I would crash to the dashboard during the loading screen, or when I was very lucky; within two seconds after loading. Someone told me to try and move/roll away after loading but since I didn't get enough time to move, fast travel or even load at all I tried pushing forward on the stick during the loading screen and that seemed to work. I have freed up my characters multiple times this way since then from Orsinium and Elden Root (at first I thought it was a one time thing, lol!). Other people managed to free themselves like this too after I asked them to try it. In the worst absolute worst cases it takes me four or five tries now, but that is nothing compared to trying tens of times a day for over a week without any result. Don't give up! I still do my writs and pledges, but I avoid travelling from and to or even getting near the Orsinium and Elden root wayshrines as they seem to cause the worst crashes. It's a complete mess.
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    Xbox one NA server
    gamertag : gl0wgl0w

Character names and area
    1. Glow Glow in Auridon
    2. Glowi in cyrodiil Haderous

All other characters i cant log into either but those two are the important ones
  • CatherineHG
    Lluanda wrote: »
    @CatherineHG the trick seems to be to push forward on the left stick and hold it while you are still loading, and if you get past the loading screen: don't let go for at least another twenty seconds after, just keep pushing. I was stuck for a week on one of my vet characters, because I would crash to the dashboard during the loading screen, or when I was very lucky; within two seconds after loading. Someone told me to try and move/roll away after loading but since I didn't get enough time to move, fast travel or even load at all I tried pushing forward on the stick during the loading screen and that seemed to work. I have freed up my characters multiple times this way since then from Orsinium and Elden Root (at first I thought it was a one time thing, lol!). Other people managed to free themselves like this too after I asked them to try it. In the worst absolute worst cases it takes me four or five tries now, but that is nothing compared to trying tens of times a day for over a week without any result. Don't give up! I still do my writs and pledges, but I avoid travelling from and to or even getting near the Orsinium and Elden root wayshrines as they seem to cause the worst crashes. It's a complete mess.

Hey Lluanda :smile: I've tried the left stick thing every time, it gets me two/three seconds of gametime and generally freezes again when I try to open up my map to fast travel out of there. It also only seems to work for me one out of ten times at best. I am currently looking at two weeks without my main character now, which sucks pretty badly.

I've now also uninstalled and reinstalled ESO on both of our XBoxes, cycled both multiple times, hard reset a few times and deleted all saved data.

I'm pretty much just logging into all my other characters to collect crafting mats and that's it. Feeling pretty darn good about the fact that I never bothered subscribing to ESO+ or I'd be feeling almightily ripped off right about now.

I'm actually really thankful for this thread and all of the useful tips I've picked up from everyone here. The customer service on the forums is much better than the actual responses from Zenimax Online.
  • djs0130
    djs0130
    Soul Shriven
    HELP PLEASE !!

Been stuck for 12 days now, Taken all advice given, Cannot get pass loading screen

SV: Xbox 1 EU
    GamerTag: IMPULSiiV3
    Character: Misspulse
  • Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 characters stuck in crash loops within the city limits of Orsinium.

Gamertag: M3nt4L81
    Server: Xbox NA Megaserver
    Character name: Kurrog
    Zone: Wrothgar

And.....

Character name: Theodus Maxxus
    Zone: Wrothgar
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    GT is DephlaterMouse. Help reference 160622-003724.

This Won. Stuck in wrothgar for 2 weeks.

Datick. Stuck in Elden Root for 3 days.

DaTick got unstuck on its own kudos to the hold down left thumb stick recommender.

I finally got a CSR to move my character This Won xbox NA GT: DephlaterMouse to Auridon.

Got logged in for the first time since before DB released. Got my stuff allocated, and since it's my Provisioner I made some food for my various toons.

Since I was all out of Bervez Juice I decided to do a crafting writ. Got into Orsinium, and all the way to the drop off point before getting home screened.

I'm now back where I started not even getting past the wrothgar loading screen before getting booted to home again.

Seriously @ZOS_TristanK you guys should just start giving me completed max level writs every time I log in just for my NOT going to Orsinium. I think this would save us all loads of time and trouble while you FIX YOUR FREAKING PRODUCT.
    Edited by DephlaterMouse on June 29, 2016 5:59PM
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • CatherineHG
    Customer Service got me unstuck, after a week! Huzzah! And sneaking into Orsinium from the Shatul way shrine is an awesome idea, has been working for me! You can just see the frame rate starting to drop as soon as you enter the city though, far out...
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Lluanda wrote: »

Hey Lluanda :smile: I've tried the left stick thing every time, it gets me two/three seconds of gametime and generally freezes again when I try to open up my map to fast travel out of there. It also only seems to work for me one out of ten times at best. I am currently looking at two weeks without my main character now, which sucks pretty badly.

I've now also uninstalled and reinstalled ESO on both of our XBoxes, cycled both multiple times, hard reset a few times and deleted all saved data.

I'm pretty much just logging into all my other characters to collect crafting mats and that's it. Feeling pretty darn good about the fact that I never bothered subscribing to ESO+ or I'd be feeling almightily ripped off right about now.

I'm actually really thankful for this thread and all of the useful tips I've picked up from everyone here. The customer service on the forums is much better than the actual responses from Zenimax Online.

Last time this happened I tried to fast travel out and it didn't work, I crashed so if you are close to Wayshrine in Orsinium walk to it and port from it, otherwise WALK out of town.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Customer Service got me unstuck, after a week! Huzzah! And sneaking into Orsinium from the Shatul way shrine is an awesome idea, has been working for me! You can just see the frame rate starting to drop as soon as you enter the city though, far out...

Oh that is great! If it ever happens again don't try to fast travel. Just like @Aeaeren said, just keep walking, never look back and don't let go of the left stick for at least a good 30-60 seconds. Walk away from the point where you crashed if needed all the way to the next shrine, because when you let go too quickly you often still crash two seconds later. I have to keep moving forward all the way from the loading screen until I can hear the music stop breaking up and all textures loading properly, I still crash on a random character about once a day and this is still the only way out for me. While travelling via Shatul wayshrine helps, sometimes you can get stuck at the writ boxes too, and if you're in the dominion: watch out for the merchant next to the undaunted chests. Talking to him makes me crash a ton as well. :(
  • dustin.hagood_ESO
    dustin.hagood_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Gamertag: Zantabar
    Character: Nanadar
    Megaserver: North American

I managed to get out of Grahtwood but every time I load back in I can play for a couple minutes then boom bye bye.
  • HELLB0UNDH0UND
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are you still monitoring this thread?

GT: hellb0undh0und
    Char: Quivah
    Zone: Wrothgar - Orsinium (where you're forced to go if you want to turn writs in - maybe you all could move it back to craglorn?)

I've been stuck for five days now, and support has been less than helpful. And yes, I'm on the NA server.
    Edited by HELLB0UNDH0UND on July 2, 2016 1:27AM
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA