The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please buff Soul Trap damage to double it's current amount.

• hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that for end game the morph "Consuming Trap" is potentially the only interesting morph.
    (You can always use an alt that grinds to fill up your stock of empty soul gems with the other morph "Soul Splitting Trap", which has a nice use by that for low level characters/accounts)

And tweaking Consuming Trap a bit within the logic, within the concept of this ability, is what I would favor most:
    Especially tweaking it so that it becomes equally valuable for Magicka and Stamina builds.

Base cost for a CP-160 before any cost saving buff:
    Consuming Trap does damage wise a low value 10 second DOT, with every 2 seconds a tick, whereby all ticks are considered a DOT.
    I guess the few builds that use "Consuming Trap" are most of all interested in the Resource restore of Magicka & Stamina. perhaps as well the Heal and the DOT as a positive side effect.
    This Resource Restore is however affected by the RNG character of the ability: no kill within 10 seconds -> no Restore.

The nicest thing about this restore is, that it wil give you 10% back of that stat pool that is most important to you. So this benefit is equal for Magicka and Stamina builds alike. :)

But the Damage that it will give you is only Magic Damage, influenced by Spell Damage, Spell Critical and Magicka Pool.
    tough luck for Stamina builds ! :'(
    So I think this ability needs some tidying up in the wake of all other actions to get the Magicka-Stamina builds better balanced.

My suggestion:
    Change this damage so that it does not matter what kind of a build you have.
    That could be done a bit like the Ultimates are handled.
    That could be done by using a fixed DOT value of appropiate amount.

So no change of this specific ability, just overhauling this very old, never changed abilty to the current game mechanics philosophy.
    And plenty of room for other abilities to add to this skill line, that add something new to the game for later.

Edited by hrothbern on June 23, 2016 8:31AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU