Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade garbage?

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I feel nb is still the best stam class right now, with templar being a really close second to it.
    Are you talking about in 1v1 or in General?In 1v1 PoisonKnights are number 1 because of their native tankiness and can still put out decent DPS.Now you can argue if Stamplar and Stan NB are equal or is one better then the other.I personally saw it can go either way sometimes.

I would say no. Maybe you haven't faced a lot of good stam NB's.
    Nahhh B played Stam NB since before Day 1 console release and fought some good Stam NB.Most players agree and you can ask anyone usually if a equally skilled stamBlade fought a equally skilled DragonKnight the Knight will usually win.That's thanks to their access to Major mending which help them out heal most of our Bust DPS and their natural tankiness as a class.A StamDK is better then a Stam NB in PVE and 1v1 PVP.Its just fact.Am not saying a NB can't win because I beat more then my fair share of Good StamDK but its the DK fight to lose usually.

No. I won't pretend to insult your intelligence with a lecture on the classes, as I can see it would do no good in any event so...Just no.
    No please explain good sir it won't insult my intelligence at all its your opinion and am willing to listen to your view on the matter
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblades are fine.Even in the PTS with the new DLC.I have no problem with it,..yet.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Stamblades are fine.Even in the PTS with the new DLC.I have no problem with it,..yet.
    So far, so good? No noticeable drop in damage output from Surprise Attack?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel nb is still the best stam class right now, with templar being a really close second to it.
    Are you talking about in 1v1 or in General?In 1v1 PoisonKnights are number 1 because of their native tankiness and can still put out decent DPS.Now you can argue if Stamplar and Stan NB are equal or is one better then the other.I personally saw it can go either way sometimes.

Nahhh B played Stam NB since before Day 1 console release and fought some good Stam NB.Most players agree and you can ask anyone usually if a equally skilled stamBlade fought a equally skilled DragonKnight the Knight will usually win.That's thanks to their access to Major mending which help them out heal most of our Bust DPS and their natural tankiness as a class.A StamDK is better then a Stam NB in PVE and 1v1 PVP.Its just fact.Am not saying a NB can't win because I beat more then my fair share of Good StamDK but its the DK fight to lose usually.

No. I won't pretend to insult your intelligence with a lecture on the classes, as I can see it would do no good in any event so...Just no.
    No please explain good sir it won't insult my intelligence at all its your opinion and am willing to listen to your view on the matter

DK's inherent tankiness? Such as 10% more block and 2800 spell resistance, only the block helps and means nothing when a good NB is going to set up their burst with a fear. So tankiness from passives is gone so whats left ultimates? Dragon leap is easily dodged, Standard requires you to stand in it, and Corrosive Armor while actually quite tanky is only basically 10s of invulnerability, good NB's just cloak and run for about 6-7s and then jump the DK again once its off. DK's get Major Resolve and Major Ward from a magicka based skill, where as NB's can get that same buff from spamming their #1 damaging stamina based skill that also causes Major Fracture.

Short of Corrosive Armor everything a DK gains for tanking is lost because you have to go defensive to use them while your opponent can continue to beat on you. I cant count the number of times I've seen a DK start to rebuff and spam heals only to spend the next 10s only spamming heals trying to keep his health up before dropping because of lost resources.

Being able to cloak plus having access to Minor Maim from class abilities without having to be in range to cast is a huge advantage for 1v1. Getting Major Fracture and Major Ward and Major Resolve all from ONE offensive ability that hits like a truck is a major advantage in 1v1. Having an AOE none dodgeable CC is a major advantage in 1v1, the time it takes for the opponent to break CC is all the time you need to land your burst.

NB's are the most versatile class at the moment and are designed to excel in a 1v1 environment. A 50 cost Ult that hits almost as hard as the DK's 110 cost ult and that same 50 cost ult increases damage against the target by 20% for 6s and gives Major Defile.

Major Mending is nice but that buff costs way to much magicka roughly 1/3 of your magicka to buff one set of Rally+Vigor healing, you will blank yourself on magicka in no time if you rely on that more than a rare use.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK's inherent tankiness? Such as 10% more block and 2800 spell resistance, only the block helps and means nothing when a good NB is going to set up their burst with a fear. So tankiness from passives is gone so whats left ultimates? Dragon leap is easily dodged, Standard requires you to stand in it, and Corrosive Armor while actually quite tanky is only basically 10s of invulnerability, good NB's just cloak and run for about 6-7s and then jump the DK again once its off. DK's get Major Resolve and Major Ward from a magicka based skill, where as NB's can get that same buff from spamming their #1 damaging stamina based skill that also causes Major Fracture.

Short of Corrosive Armor everything a DK gains for tanking is lost because you have to go defensive to use them while your opponent can continue to beat on you. I cant count the number of times I've seen a DK start to rebuff and spam heals only to spend the next 10s only spamming heals trying to keep his health up before dropping because of lost resources.

Being able to cloak plus having access to Minor Maim from class abilities without having to be in range to cast is a huge advantage for 1v1. Getting Major Fracture and Major Ward and Major Resolve all from ONE offensive ability that hits like a truck is a major advantage in 1v1. Having an AOE none dodgeable CC is a major advantage in 1v1, the time it takes for the opponent to break CC is all the time you need to land your burst.

NB's are the most versatile class at the moment and are designed to excel in a 1v1 environment. A 50 cost Ult that hits almost as hard as the DK's 110 cost ult and that same 50 cost ult increases damage against the target by 20% for 6s and gives Major Defile.

Major Mending is nice but that buff costs way to much magicka roughly 1/3 of your magicka to buff one set of Rally+Vigor healing, you will blank yourself on magicka in no time if you rely on that more than a rare use.
    First I must asked have you every faced a Good StamDk because what it sounds like you haven't.

First most people will run immoveable potions or the abilities especially as a DK so your Fear won't work against them.So you can't set up your burst using fear again talking in a 1v1 here not open world.So they will still have their passive tanking ability.Their ultimate ok Dragon leap good ones won't miss because they will setup either with talons and fossilize or a WB/Dizzlying Swings into the air and dragon leap on you that way its almost a guaranteed hit.We agree on Standards its useless in PVP.Now with Corrosive armor your not doing nothing to that DK but your not cloaking away either .First Cloak is so broken that just about any DOT will break it,which as a StamDk has a good number of dots at their disposal.So that cloak is useless 80% of the time.So no you won't be cloaking away for 6-9 seconds.

While yes they can get Major resolve and major Ward from our number one DPS ability. its only around 8 seconds while the DK is 20 and you have to remember its also a Good magica Dump for StamDK as well.So its not really a waste of a ability.Plus that's 20seconds that they don't have to reapply the ability so they can regain that lost magica.Combine that Major ward/resolve with ingunous shields (Spelled that wrong)Which gives major mending for 20-30 seconds which mean you cannot crit on that stam DK at the time adds another layer of durability to that player.
    Now I know you never fought a good DK or at least a Good player because everyone know you don't spam Vigor and rally their HOT you hit it once and heal yourself. If their spamming it then yes of course their going to waste all of their stamina and magica but no good or decent player will make that mistake so it seems you are only facing below average players.So your argument really no longer hold any weight.

I thought you would actually have a argument but am sadly disappointed.
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    it works just fine, the only problem i see for openworld is that you are kinda forced to use bow or speed pots. With the nerf of rapids you don't have a decent stam-based source of major expedition, quick cloak from the DW skillline pulls you out of cloak.

What you mean rapids got nerfed?
    Smiff
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First I must asked have you every faced a Good StamDk because what it sounds like you haven't.

First most people will run immoveable potions or the abilities especially as a DK so your Fear won't work against them.So you can't set up your burst using fear again talking in a 1v1 here not open world.So they will still have their passive tanking ability.Their ultimate ok Dragon leap good ones won't miss because they will setup either with talons and fossilize or a WB/Dizzlying Swings into the air and dragon leap on you that way its almost a guaranteed hit.We agree on Standards its useless in PVP.Now with Corrosive armor your not doing nothing to that DK but your not cloaking away either .First Cloak is so broken that just about any DOT will break it,which as a StamDk has a good number of dots at their disposal.So that cloak is useless 80% of the time.So no you won't be cloaking away for 6-9 seconds.

While yes they can get Major resolve and major Ward from our number one DPS ability. its only around 8 seconds while the DK is 20 and you have to remember its also a Good magica Dump for StamDK as well.So its not really a waste of a ability.Plus that's 20seconds that they don't have to reapply the ability so they can regain that lost magica.Combine that Major ward/resolve with ingunous shields (Spelled that wrong)Which gives major mending for 20-30 seconds which mean you cannot crit on that stam DK at the time adds another layer of durability to that player.
    Now I know you never fought a good DK or at least a Good player because everyone know you don't spam Vigor and rally their HOT you hit it once and heal yourself. If their spamming it then yes of course their going to waste all of their stamina and magica but no good or decent player will make that mistake so it seems you are only facing below average players.So your argument really no longer hold any weight.

I thought you would actually have a argument but am sadly disappointed.

Immoveable will only be up for 15s, you can clearly see it on their feet, you're acting like you have to stand within 10m of them for the whole of the 1v1. Them setting up dragon leap is the same as you setting up burst, you are both trying to set it up and both trying to negate the other at the same time. If they hit you with WB/Dizzying Swing in 1v1 its cause you suck.

"First Cloak is so broken that just about any DOT will break it,"

This is the most BS tired old excuse from back like early 1.5 when cloak was actually broken, Dark Cloak works perfectly fine now, it does not remove dots, dots do not pull you out of invisibility, it simply suppresses the damage while cloaked.

Hardened Armor is not a wast of an ability its a waste of time in comparison to getting the same buff while staying offensive, while they are buffing with it you are doing damage. Hardened Armor's bubble is pathetic and the Major Ward/Resolve it gives are a pathetic reward for wasting time casting a defensive buff. Refreshing shadows lasting for 8s is nothing when you will use either cloak or surprise attack at least every 8s if you are any good.

You obviously don't know anything about DK's, Igneous Shield gives Major Mending for 7s and you can only not crit while the measly 2k absorb is up, literally 1 light attack removes it. Irregardless you should never be relying on crit in pvp because too many players use absorb shields as well as Impenetrable.

Vigor is a hot but you can get the initial heal and then another initial heal at the same time of the first tick, if you are properly applying pressure they will have to use it more than once.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on May 15, 2016 1:44AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    Stam blades are as of next patch going to be the undisputed stam kings of PVP. why you ask, well for starters the stamblade is going to be based of disease damage. This results in them being the only stam class with an abundance of abilities to cause minor defile ( including an execute ). So from my knowledge the stam blade is going to be the only stam class with the ability to have major and minor defile which stack and can be constantly reapplied easily seeing as Incap strike is a 50 ULT. This is going to severely hamper the healing of vigor and rally.

From what I could gather Major being 30% reduction and minor 15% ( correct me if i'm wrong ) that is a stackable debuff of 45% reduced healing to a already 50% healing redcution whilst being in Cyrodil. Which would completely negate the major mending of the poison knight. Not only this but considering a night blade should at all time me running minor berserk that's an 8% increase in damage that the DK can not match unless he is running and procs the requirements for camo hunter.

furthermore the poison knights main spammable stam ability in WB is being nerfed along with the extra weapon damage from executioner being removed this leading to the Stam Blade being the undisputed kings of PVP in the next patch.
    PC -EU
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Skilled Stamina DKs usually have no problem keeping me out of stealth (my only real advantage against a similarly build Stam DK). Correct me if wrong, but even their Ardent Flame DoT has a built in snare from passives. Snare + Spammable AOE is pretty effective anti-stealth.

Ofc, this thread isn't about a hypothetical duel between equally skilled sDK and sNB. It's about the overall effectiveness of Stamblades in DB. Although I don't think they will be the absolute best, I see Stam NBs being quite strong. In fact I think there were benefical tweaks to Stamina all around if not outright buffs.
    Edited by kadar on May 15, 2016 4:20AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE, they will still suck as usual. I don't get ZOS some times. They need PvE buffs where they are severely weak but got PvP buffs where they are very strong already.
  • MIAMI
    MIAMI
    Stam NBs are one of the strongest classes in the game, debatably the best. Not sure why this is a thread lol
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    I main a stamblade myself so i know theyre still good but how are they on pts? That comes out today right? The 25th

Still good. Haven't tested them in pvp on pts but tried mine on the giants and mammoths around shatul wayshrine in wrothgar and was able to get around 20k dps
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heav
    MIAMI wrote: »
    Stam NBs are one of the strongest classes in the game, debatably the best. Not sure why this is a thread lol

youre pretty late to this thread m8, about 27 days late, this was back in the time of mageblades before pts came out
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dont use fear whenecer you can you're doing it wrong. Its the swiss army knife cc.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quake89 wrote: »
    Stam blades are as of next patch going to be the undisputed stam kings of PVP. why you ask, well for starters the stamblade is going to be based of disease damage. This results in them being the only stam class with an abundance of abilities to cause minor defile ( including an execute ). So from my knowledge the stam blade is going to be the only stam class with the ability to have major and minor defile which stack and can be constantly reapplied easily seeing as Incap strike is a 50 ULT. This is going to severely hamper the healing of vigor and rally.

From what I could gather Major being 30% reduction and minor 15% ( correct me if i'm wrong ) that is a stackable debuff of 45% reduced healing to a already 50% healing redcution whilst being in Cyrodil. Which would completely negate the major mending of the poison knight. Not only this but considering a night blade should at all time me running minor berserk that's an 8% increase in damage that the DK can not match unless he is running and procs the requirements for camo hunter.

furthermore the poison knights main spammable stam ability in WB is being nerfed along with the extra weapon damage from executioner being removed this leading to the Stam Blade being the undisputed kings of PVP in the next patch.

This guy knows what's up. I'm running5 impen 1 divines 1 infused on live im hitting 9k-14k inc strikes as is. Now add minor defile and 15-20% dmg to my heavy hitter I'm thinking It won't even be close compaired to other classes.

I just wondering who is in charge of class balance too make one class so OP Without bringing the others inline.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TBH, I rarely lost to stamina DKs and that since around IC update on both Stamplar and Stamblade.

Reason is I feel is Templar and Nightblade's ''kits'' are more filled than DKs. Look at the numbers of buffs NBs got access to and compare it to the DKs (any other classes that is). As of the Stamplar, other than Jabs, it has access to a low cost purge that also gives major mending of top of it, which pretty much nullifies DoTs. On top of that, Stamplars are actually my hardest match-up right now on my NB.

Poison changes for DKs is pretty cool and all, but remember the Disease change for NB. Incap strike will hit you like a truck and major defile you and will be back up in no time. Add to it their fear, SA that also reduce armor and buff the NBs armor, and disease execute and you got a class that can skirmish extremely well on top of ganking like no other class.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting a shield next patch too with bone shield scaling with Stam

This was reverted
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Getting a shield next patch too with bone shield scaling with Stam

This was reverted

But I heard the skirmisher set will come back.

• MIAMI
    MIAMI
    stam nb has been op since 1.6 im not late
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MIAMI wrote: »
    stam nb has been op since 1.6 im not late

23 days late once again, for a total of 40 days after the thread has been made, pls let this die it wasnt intended for this meta as DB hadnt been released yet
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g