Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like the idea of crafting bags for ESO+ Members?

• Fukutsu
    Fukutsu
    ✭✭
    No
    I really love this game, but I generally hate games that give advantages to people who dish out cash. I have purchased the dlc's and the imperial upgrade because it offered extra game content in the form of maps, skills, a character, ext. I even have crowns purchased already, just waiting to be used on the upcoming Dark Brotherhood. I am considering buying a mount, too, because my character deserves a bad-ass ride. I generally don't see the point in paying for perks like experience, or other ESO plus perks, because I thought that the whole point was for me to enjoy the time it takes to get experience and play the game.

For the craft bag, it really sucks to see them put a real money price on bag space just because there isn't enough in the game when there should have been. I would like a way to purchase the bag with crowns, gold, or achievements. I am only level 27, and bag space is becoming an issue already. I have only been making food, and would like to make clothing now too, but it is difficult to keep everything that I need. Aside from buying a 10000 g horse, I have spent the rest of my gold on bag space, bank space, and mount capacity upgrades. In order to explore all of the crafting options this game has to offer I am going to have to put my materials on alternate characters and use them like mules. I did not mind this dynamic, until I realized that the space issue will be fixed in the future for eso plus members but not me. The perks are good for ESO plus members because it makes the game less tedious for them and frees them to spend time on other aspects that they enjoy. Do not give them exclusive rights to something so functional as this bag. I am always willing to buy more content in the form of dlc's, but I do not think it is right to force me to pay monthly for the "perk" of craft item space. I don't even like the idea of buying it with crowns, truly.

Do I think ESO plus members should get this bag?
    Yes; and increase the capacity per item to 8.4 billion for them!

Do I think all ESO players should get a more reasonable way to store crafting materials?
    Yes. Even at a cap of 200, I would like to be able to store all of the materials I need for crafting so I can use all of the crafting features in the game.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care either way on this but I would say something needs to be done to help people decide a sub is worth it.

So many players over the last year have cancelled subs because the benefits are so little. Now I know we don't want to go down the SWTOR route of you can't do jack without a sub, but we need something.

I think the unlimited size of the back is a little OTT, something with a couple of hundred slots would have been enough IMO.

Also as for letting others buy it outside of the sub, that defies the whole point of it being a sub incentive, because everyone will just do a single payment again and then wait for the next DLC like they do now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think it would be a good thing as it would encourage subs to do more crafting for other players. I'm a guild master and do alot of crafting for my guild mates but it's pretty difficult to keep a reliable stock of mats for every player level. Hopefully the bag will change that so i can help more of my guild mates much quicker and still get to play the game myself.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Blimey this is an old thread. Have we been waiting for this crafting bag for that long?
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Turelus wrote: »
    as for letting others buy it outside of the sub, that defies the whole point of it being a sub incentive, because everyone will just do a single payment again and then wait for the next DLC like they do now.

They'd have to keep the sub or lose the bag and it's contents.
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Make it available for Crowns as well and I'll be all for it. Just like the DLCs.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have subbed on the Xbox One since the game came out. I really like they are adding this to the ESO+. I believe from my perspective that this really makes my sub money well more worth it as the benefits before where small. Yes I get all the DLC's, but I have more than paid for all of them (Not complaining).

The fact that it is unlimited is just awesome. My main has all crafting maxed out and with almost all the traits researched. I like being able to to provide great gear and such for guildies and friends and this really allows me to expand on that and hold all the low level mats as well. I have my own bank and my own guild bank that is full. So again cannot wait until we get this.

The only issue I see is that with so many people holding so many items that the item screens for these characters may start to get slow an buggy like it does on the guild bank and this is concerning. A nice part is with the space being unlimited you will not need to spend so much time taking things out and re-stacking like you have too in the guild bank all the time.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    SedoUmbra wrote: »
    im a subscriber and i want the matterials bagg, if you want it then just subscribe, is only $14.99 month

That's a considerable amount of money that some people don't have to waste on a game.

In the real world even developers of fantasy games need a constant source of income. I understand ZOS move to find (better) ways to persuade customers to subscribe. Right now ESO+ has little extra to offer, it's more about supporting the game.
    They can't make the game pay to win, so they have to find perks that makes live more comfortable without giving to much of an advantage to players. Since I don't need another mount, costume of pet this would be a welcome addition for subscribers imo.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    $180 dollars is a bit much for a crafting bag per year.
    While I subbed till DB patch notes hit, I also bought all the expansions anyway. and probably will continue to do so, along with costumes, and probably player housing.

I just feel like this is a bit...much.

How am I supposed to vote with my wallet here?

Idk , I just fundamentally believe bag space is a player "right"... a mechanic that should be available in game to anyone. IE ur bank should at a minimum be able to hold every crafting material in the game, perhaps 2~3 stacks of each. I believe this short sighted design being rectified by a monthly price is just insulting, and furthermore; encourages them to design further short comings in the future....that they'll "fix" for a price.
    Edited by NativeJoe on May 19, 2016 8:35AM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    as for letting others buy it outside of the sub, that defies the whole point of it being a sub incentive, because everyone will just do a single payment again and then wait for the next DLC like they do now.

They'd have to keep the sub or lose the bag and it's contents.

@Jimbullbee85 I meant more that there are people asking for players to be able to have access to this without a sub ie have no sub ties to it at all and buy it with full usage (no loss of deposit ability when unsubbed) for a one time payment.

This wouldn't have the effect ZOS is after however which is a reason/benefit to be a subscriber over non-subscriber. The current benefits are not worth the cost per month vs just buying DLC with a one time purchase and many people have dropped subs because of this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Turelus Yup I agree. I don't think they'll put it in the crown store. If subs got more crowns and more discounts I wouldn't be bothered if they did though. Instead of being a way to attract more subs they've just created animosity between subs and none subs. But I agree, subs should be getting more exclusive content and cheaper content but zenimax wants as much money from us all as possible. It's a business afterall.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    One thing I would like to see are more discounts for subs. Perhaps once a month we get to buy one thing in the crownstore at half price.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on May 19, 2016 12:42PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    I just fundamentally believe bag space is a player "right"... a mechanic that should be available in game to anyone. IE ur bank should at a minimum be able to hold every crafting material in the game, perhaps 2~3 stacks of each. I believe this short sighted design being rectified by a monthly price is just insulting, and furthermore; encourages them to design further short comings in the future....that they'll "fix" for a price.

I disagree. I do not think that a bag like you describe is a "right" in any RPG. As annoying as people find limited bag space, or limited movement at a certain inventory level, it is there for a reason. It helps to balance the game and forces players to make choices. This is why this bag surprises me so much. It indicates that ZOS is interested in a game where the players do not have to make as many hard choices, if any. This is hardly surprising if you look back at previous game decisions, like Cadwell, and where they are going with other things they have planned.

So the game becomes more homogeneous and boring. It is not like ESO is the only game out there.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I feel like ESO is more than fair to customers who choose not to subscribe. Please compare the types of restrictions some other games have before getting too upset with a new service exclusive to subscribers. I know you can make the argument that many non-subscription games are free in the first place, so it's ok in these other games to give excessive restrictions to non subbers, but I've seen the price of the base eso game as low as $20, so it's not really very expensive now. I am more prone to say "thank you for giving us a real reward for subscribing!" rather than "why aren't you giving us this really amazing feature for free?".

I can understand their reasoning that this type of service should not be available to buy outright and instead requires a subscription. I believe it would be fair for a crafting-bag-only type of subscription for maybe $5 a month and no other plus perks, but I doubt many people would purchase that type of thing.

I feel it is unfair to say they are charging 180 dollars a year for a crafting bag because obviously there's way more than just the bag, including enough 180,000 crowns that do not have to be spent on DLC (not to mention the multiple month subs that cost less).

I would say that bag space is exactly the type of thing that should be tied to extra purchases because it's a restriction you can work around if you need to and your character can still be just as powerful as any other character regardless of the challenges you face with inventory management.... and of course we'll be able to buy 4 more character slots, which technically could be used for bag space.
    Edited by TheSpin on May 20, 2016 12:38AM
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I also voted Yes, and here is why? This is just another good reason and a "perk" and having ESO plus;) IF I am going to continue to pay $14.99 a month for a service. I want my $$$$ worth.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I just dont like the fact that Ive spent over a million gold to upgrade bank and character space. The crafting bag has pretty much made that purchase useless IMO. If I had known at release this was going to happen I wouldnt have spent all that gold.
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Is there a way to disable it?

The automatic send to crafting bag feature has f*****d up my well organised storage.

Edit - @zos please tell me how to disable this bag. Ive cancelled plus because of it but have to wait a week or 2 for it to run out.
    Edited by Ja50nX on June 17, 2016 10:07AM
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.

Subscribers keep this game alive. Without them, there would be no ESO.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • mestretch
    mestretch
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Very disappointed that the crafting bag is not available as a crown purchase also. Having purchased all the DLC up to this point it seems silly to purchase ESO plus just for the crafting bag. If it is not added as a crown purchase I would think that along with all the server connect issues would be enough to push me and other DLC purchasers to slow our ESO game play if not finally move on. Having the option to purchase everything vs rent to own it (using ESO+ crowns) has always been a positive in my mind. Not having the buy option in the crown store on such an important item to crafters always fighting with inventory/bank space is offensive. :(
  • Galerand
    Galerand
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    I've been a subscriber since release, and the crafting bags are my favorite addition to ESO+. I wouldn't say it's worth the cost of subscribing all by itself, but it definitely adds to the convenience of play. I have characters with every crafting skill, and I used to use my bank for most crafting materials. The provisioner had to keep his kitchen pantry in the backpack, and was the only one picking up ingredients.

If you're not crafting, or only following certain lines, you don't need crafting bags to manage inventory. If you're just collecting materials for you next set of equipment, you don't need a crafting bag.
  • Galerand
    Galerand
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Ja50nX wrote: »

The automatic send to crafting bag feature has f*****d up my well organised storage.

Edit - @zos please tell me how to disable this bag. Ive cancelled plus because of it but have to wait a week or 2 for it to run out.

Have you tried a mangement addon like Advanced Filters (by Randactyl)?
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I recently learned about said "crafting bags" is that you can't put stolen items in them:P
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I already bought all the dlcs off the gem store so a sub would be a waste of money for me. Wished they'd put it in the gem store so everyone can enjoy.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Ja50nX wrote: »

I don't understand how you can get any more organized than the crafting bags lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I already bought all the dlcs off the crown store so a sub would be a waste of money for me. Wished they'd put it in the crown store so everyone can enjoy.

A lot of the ESO Plus people probably purchase the DLC, anyway. Once they come out with the DLC pack, if it is priced right, more may do it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a crafter on Xbox, I need to choose between the crafting bag or being able to do writs, because if I attempt to do both I will lose my crafter in the Orsinium void.

I don't like having to choose between the two. Either let me drop off my writs anywhere (preferred) or let me buy some variation of the crafting bag, because right now I cannot have both due to the broken coding in the DLC writ zone.

Or move the drop-off point to the new DLC somewhere! Or back to Craglorn! That would work too!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Zevlin
    Zevlin
    Yes
    Yes.

I see the crafting bag as something everyone should have. I think paying a SUB (ESO+) should be the standard. I don't like games that go to free-to-play, but have a store.

Since there is no such thing as Free-to-Play (some how, some way the game has to be paid for) I would rather pay subscription, than have the game-play altered to entice in-game store purchases.

I would remove the in-game store if I could. Just make everyone sub up. I know this is an unrealistic expectation in this day and age.

But I associate online stores to "Farmville, Candy Crush, or other game that are designed to get you to pay money to continue to play.

I rather just have this - "We made the best game we could and this is what we charge for it."