Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faster gathering of mats

Als3rd
Als3rd
✭✭✭
Howdy

I've searched everywhere for an answer to this, but it is a search that Google or the Forum can't quite grasp as a whole.

Gathering mats:

I started with the default method of using two swings, and wait to pick up the mats from each node.

Then, a pleasant surprise - my maxed out crafting/fighting sorc started gathering mats really fast - all by itself (it seemed).

It only took ONE swing of the axe or pick, or picking up plants, reagents and runes to farm each node!!

Then, I recently had to do some respecing and adjusting of my add-ons and now I have lost that ability!!

I'm now BACK at the default "wait for TWO strikes of the tool", and then wait to pick them up - and it's really frustrating.

I'm trying to get back to the one swing (e), then instantaneous pick up (r) and - boom -you're on your way!!!
But I am stuck at the default two swings of the tool and extra wait time to pick up.

It's really a fine tuning tweak that saves a second or two, but it makes the "super exciting business of gathering your mats for hours and hours on end" <--- Sarcasm - much faster and smoother when you're out there farming mats amongst the "evereadii eatibus & digoutius-hot-rodis" - please pardon the Latin .

So hopefully someone knows which add-on or game tweak I have to do to get the "one swing, immediate pick up and move on" working again,

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Answers

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Champion point passive, Master Gatherer located in the Lover constellation.
    Edited by Ashtaris on June 9, 2016 1:51PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep the Champ System Passive. Note, its the Tree that gives increased Regen, so that may be why you don't have that anymore if your not running a Sustain Build.

I have a dedicated Farmer, has the Master Gatherer, and the passive that reduces Sprint Costs. I have them in all Medium Armor with Well Fitted Improved to Purple, with all attributes and glyphs in Stamina and the Steed Mundus. I turn on Auto Loot with the Master Gatherer and I can pretty much Sprint non stop from Node to Node with barely a pause at each one, and pretty much never run out of Stamina.

This character is not much of a fighter, but can survive most things that I will come across while farming. Then again, I rarely have to fight any mobs while just farming.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, that didn't even occur to me Ashtaris. Will respect my Champion Points. And that's great info on ramping up gathering Nestor. I have a toon or two that that might fit the bill!